Michigan vs Notre Dame

What would you rather see happen?

Total votes: 0

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Michigan vs Notre Dame

Post by mustang_lvr »

If Michigan finds a QB to run their offense he will probably be a freshman and he just won't do it the first year.--Looking for the team from Canada to have a hard time next year too.

Go Buckeyes

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

this game wouldnt have been so bad if not for the turnover that killed us. Now there is times where the O looks like its clicking but then the growing plains kick in. As the season goes along the players will get better and better, this is kinda sad but all im hoping for is to make it to a bowl game at least.

By the way did anyone watch the high school game that was on espn Thursday night, with Beaver (I believe thats his name) a good QB coming in next year look pretty good.

Go Blue.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

did anyone see Michigans rb from texas that on tv today showed a you tube clip of him jumping over a lb.... thats was awesome

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

yea they also showed him in like a warm up doing a front flip over someone landing on his feet and take of running, that was pretty nice.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Everyone knows I hate Notre Dame, and can't stand Charlie Weiss.

My favorite play was the illegal block in the back that caused the notre dame player to wipe out fat charlie.

Hate to see a guy injured like that though, but if it had to happen to anyone, who better than Charlie.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just_A_Fan wrote:yea they also showed him in like a warm up doing a front flip over someone landing on his feet and take of running, that was pretty nice.

But Meatchicken was flipped yesterday by an unranked team---(again)

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Dude every Michigan fan knew that this year was going to be tuff, but if you take away those turn overs Michigan should win this game easly. I'll take the growing pains this year cause I can we what the furture can be in Michigan. Now lets get ready for Wisc. and play a good game and see what happens. Cause right now everyone the is the same in league play 0-0.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Michigan is looking more and more like last year's ND.
The Irish should win quite a few games this year, though.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I was very encouraged by many of the things I saw yesterday.

First----Of all the fans to come over and post, OSU fans should stay on there own thread because wow, that was total domination.

Second---The offense is really starting to come around. McGuffie has already progressed beyond what I thought he would to this point. Michigan gave up 0 sacks. On the year Michigan has only allowed 2 sacks. The offensive line has been great in pass protection.

Third---The vertical game looks to finally be there. Threet can run this offense and do some things. Is he going to beat you with his feet, no, but the arm strength is there. A lot of wideouts got involved which was a huge plus.

Notre Dame exploited our safeties, knew it would happen sooner than later. Maybe people told this defense they were better than what they really are?!?!

I saw a lot of pluses. BTW, I checked Pete Carrols record through two seasons. He was 1-5 to start his first season, and 2-4 before they turned it around. It will not take UM that long. I also noticed that USC lost to Utah in 2002.

Everything will be ok

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Peake do you think that if McGuffie stays all four years and stays healthy that he will past Mike Harts record of rushing yards? This kid really impressed me yesterday he can change the game in one play. I heard the kid was good, but I didn't think it would come this soon to him.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I just went back and watched the film. Al I can say is wow.

If you look at the stats, take away turnovers and Michigan dominated this game.

Things I saw. Notre Dame's offense was given everything aside from the long TD to Tate.

Michigan gave ND the football 4 times.

Twice Michigan gave ND the ball inside their own 20 (the other two came on a fumble at the UM 37 and than a fumble on the ND two yard line).

28 of ND 35 points came on turnovers.

Three of the TD's ND scored on were a total of 58 yards (short field).

Michigan was down 14-0 and Threet hit Matthews for a TD, it was overturned and ruled incomplete. It was a TD. Great picture on Mgoblue.com of each frame. It was a catch. That would have made it 14-7.

Odoms made a catch on the right sideline and was spun down, or was he. Again great shots on mgoblue, his knee went down on the defensive player, he was never down. That would have made it 21-21 if you count Matthews TD.

Grady fumbled on the 2 yard line. The score was 28-17. If UM scores it 28-24.

After watching the film Michigan did everything to give ND the game. Michigan had 3 big plays the entire night. The play up top to Tate, and the other had to be the quick route where the wideout made 4 defenders miss.

Michigan gave this game away. You play like that, than you deserve to lose.

Michigan was inside the ND 10 5 times. One touchdown, one FG, two fumbles, and a pick.

The difference in ND last year and Michigan, is that UM's offense is getting better.

sleeper
Waterboy

Post by sleeper »

Of course it didn't have anything to do with ND's defense and special teams creating those turnovers. Michigan did that all by their lonesome. Let me guess, it was the rains fault.

I guess Michigan's defense didn't bother going on the field as ND took advantage of those turnovers.

Stop making excuses. ND put the beat down on Michigan this year like Michigan put the beat down on ND last.

Michigan looked pitiful and if they continue to play like they did against ND they'll be lucky to go .500 let alone get a bowl bid.

GO ND!!!!!!1

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Folks, turnovers are part of the game. If you can't hang onto the ball, you won't win. Good teams don't commit turnovers, so I guess that means Meatchicken is just not a good team. No excuses needed.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Asking a defense to stop an offense, or at least asking them to not allow the other team put up points when they are working with a short field is nearly impossible.

ND's Special Teams, what did they do? They didn't create a turnover in this game. Shaw over ran the ball, no one hit him, so no their special teams did nothing to cause a turnover.

ND's defense let Michigan march all over them. Michigan out gained ND in every statistical catagory, had a better 3rd down conversion rate, and controlled the clock. So no ND did not dominate Michigan.

Last year Michigan hit ND in the mouth and sacked the QB 8 times and hurried him 14 times. That was a beat down.

This year was no beat down. It was a give away.

I agree at times Michigan looked pitiful during the game, and other times they looked very good.

Matthews caught the ball should have been a TD, but Sheridan, Minor, and Grady put the ball on the ground so it really doesn't matter if you can't keep from fumbling.

Michigan moved the ball nearly all game, Threet completed 66% of his passes, McGuffie ran for over 100 yards, they held ND to just 113 rushing and 147 through the air. Were do you see the dominance in any of this?

ND first two scored came from the Michigan 11 and the Michigan 14.

If you can read, I said that if you turn it over you deserve to lose.

If Michigan plays like they did against ND and hangs onto the ball they will win a lot of games.

Teams that turn it over are bad teams that game, but it doens't mean they are a bad team. OSU turned it over and were bad against USC, but they are an excellent team.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

If we take away every play tht usc scored on the bucks would've won 3-0.I know it must be hard to be a fan of the team up north,but let's not try to edit the game!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

peake wrote:Asking a defense to stop an offense, or at least asking them to not allow the other team put up points when they are working with a short field is nearly impossible.

ND's Special Teams, what did they do? They didn't create a turnover in this game. Shaw over ran the ball, no one hit him, so no their special teams did nothing to cause a turnover.

ND's defense let Michigan march all over them. Michigan out gained ND in every statistical catagory, had a better 3rd down conversion rate, and controlled the clock. So no ND did not dominate Michigan.

Last year Michigan hit ND in the mouth and sacked the QB 8 times and hurried him 14 times. That was a beat down.

This year was no beat down. It was a give away.

I agree at times Michigan looked pitiful during the game, and other times they looked very good.

Matthews caught the ball should have been a TD, but Sheridan, Minor, and Grady put the ball on the ground so it really doesn't matter if you can't keep from fumbling.

Michigan moved the ball nearly all game, Threet completed 66% of his passes, McGuffie ran for over 100 yards, they held ND to just 113 rushing and 147 through the air. Were do you see the dominance in any of this?

ND first two scored came from the Michigan 11 and the Michigan 14.

If you can read, I said that if you turn it over you deserve to lose.

If Michigan plays like they did against ND and hangs onto the ball they will win a lot of games.

Teams that turn it over are bad teams that game, but it doens't mean they are a bad team. OSU turned it over and were bad against USC, but they are an excellent team.

If you look at the statistics of OSU vs USC you would see the domination by OSU in time of poss. and other stats. USC only passed for 175 yards but OSU looked pathetic with turnovers and giving USC a short field. Thats the name of the game. There is nothing positive I see in a loss to ND and USC for either teams.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I turned the game on to check the score and my daughters and I ended up watching the whole game. Turnovers or not ND won in the pouring rain!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

So let me get this straight. A coach would sit back after a loss, watch the film and not see one thing you did well? U disreguard it becauseyou didn't do something else well? ok, u all would be great coaches. :roll:

So marshallman can talk about good things he saw from Pryor, and talk about he is the future, but I can't say McGuffie is the future. Makes a lot of sense.

I watched an offense that has been stagnate and out of rhythem, find some rhythem and march the football all over the field. I watched a freshman rb run all over the place, I saw a QB hit on 66% of his passes. I am optomistic that there is progress.

I am very upset that UM didn't hold onto the ball and gave ND a short field. A loss sucks, but you move on and correct the mistakes. I was not editing the game either, nearly pointing out that ND only scored twice on their own without a UM turnover.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Peake, your right about that there was good progress made with McGuffie only getting 8 carriers for 8yards and then going for ober 100 this game and threet passing well with the WR's all getting involved so this may end up a 6-7 win season as long as they don't turnit over

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

GO IRISH nice win!

mich fans have alot to look forward to they have a running back that has the heart to do big things once they get that offence clicking they will be very hard to handle there last game of the season should be a dandy !!!!

the 2 most winning teams of all time in collage football !!! (mich) ahead just a few right now !

Return to “College Sports”