More reasons to hate Florida and Urban MEyer!

Peake
SEOP

More reasons to hate Florida and Urban MEyer!

Post by Peake »

And finally… on the Darryl Stonum front. He arrived in Ann Arbor last night and is now in classes. Sometime today he will meet with new receivers coach Tony Dews. He officially followed through on his commitment despite the staff transition and the replacement of Erik Campbell at receivers coach without a hitch, right? Not quite. The blitzkrieg was on as soon as Rodriguez was named headman in Ann Arbor. As Stonum revealed in the video interview, numerous suitors were telling him he’d never fit into the new offense. He even gave a cursory look at Arizona State and Cal. However, one school's persistence trumped all others and they were definitely the biggest threat to the Maize & Blue. The University of Florida stayed on the four star pass-catcher well all the way through. Things crescendoed recently after a conversation with Urban Meyer. According to Stonum, Meyer had a compelling reason why he should become a Gator. “He told me that he talked to Coach Carr and Coach Soup and that they told him that I would be a much better fit in the Florida offense than I would be in the one at Michigan,” Stonum recalled. “I thought, ‘Wow, my coaches are selling me out.’ I confronted them about it. I asked Coach Carr and Coach Soup about it and they said they never talked to that guy and that there was no way they ever said anything like that and that they think I should be a Wolverine. I believed them. Right then, I knew just how Florida rolled.”

This is from scout.com

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

He lied?!? :shock:

Never Give Up!
BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Peake,
Remember,college football is a business-Do what you have to do to win.Just kidding,can't stand Meyer and am not surprised by this.Meyer should know that carma will always get you one way or the other. :twisted:

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

You know Mike Brewster? The 5 star O-line OSU commit from Florida. Well, he said that he told all coaches that there was no indecision in him, that he was an absolute done deal to OSU and that he wanted to be left alone. Brewster said that all coaches quite calling, except for one. You guessed it, Urban Meyer.

Brewster's family then switched the family phone number, and they all got new cellphone numbers. However, one day as Brewster walked into his high school, Urban Meyer was standing in front of his classroom. He said he would not move out of the way until Brewster gave him his new cell phone number. Brewster obliged, but said at the time, that he would just answer when UF called and say, "Not interested" before hanging up.

BTW, Brewster is one of the few recruits who enrolled at OSU today.

I have no problem with coaches recruiting committed players. I just think this situation borderlined on harrassment, and the story was backed by his high school principal.

I can understand Meyer being upset. Brewster was the #1 rated lineman in Florida, and some Florida high school guys are saying he is one of the best they have ever seen in the state.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i dint understand why the biggest game of the year espn does a piece on how fla, beat osu. what kinda stunt is that :arrow: :?:

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

must be something in the water down in florida. first FSU players cant stay out of trouble, now Urban Meyer is making slanderous comments to recruits about competing coaches.

Return to “College Sports”