West Virginia vs Oklahoma

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

If you don't see Michigan as one of the premire jobs in America, than you really know little about College Football. Don Nehlan himslef said this is Michigan we are talking about here. Whatever, talk about biase, I mean Michigan is a team that has only produced the 4th most porfessionals, won or shared 5 big ten titles since 1997, shared a National Title, produced players like Tom Brady,Charles Woodson, Steve Hutchinson, Braylon Edwards, Larry Foote, Marlin Jackson, Cato June, Alan Branch, David Harris, Ian Gold, Leon Hall, just to name a few. How about 4 BCS bowls since the creation of the BCS, Since 1997 Michigan has won 10 or more games 6 times, since 1997 they are 96-27.

Yep Woody jsut did it all for Michigan, did it all. That struggle you were talking about before Bo arrived consisted of an 8-2 year before bo arrived. Michigan never fell of the beaten path. 3 years before Bo arrived UM was 9-o going into the Rose Bowl, they sure fell hard.

I would call Michigan UM@ Ann Arbor by way of Morgantown. WVU has been good for say the last 3-4 years, but this is Michigan, Michigan has been good for 125 years.

Tennesee Coach Phil Fulmer

"It would be one of the premier jobs in the country, I would say," Tennessee coach Phil Fulmer said Wednesday. "There's probably legitimately 10 to 15 jobs in the country that are like that. ...

Florida coach Urban Meyer

"I just grew up in that area and I had always admired Michigan, and it was first class," Meyer said. "I was a huge Bo Schembechler fan growing up and actually coached (as an assistant) at Ohio State and in that rivalry, so I just admire that school."

Asked if Michigan still has that prestige, Meyer didn't hesitate. "Absolutely," he said.

Steve Spurrier

South Carolina's Steve Spurrier, who coached at Florida and in the NFL with the Washington Redskins, isn't so sure.

"The Michigan job is one of the best in college football, we all know that," Spurrier said. "It just depends on the individual. Obviously, (LSU's) Les Miles went there, so there's some attachment and some pull in that direction for him. Coaches that are at very good schools that can win, it just depends. I would think they may be happy where they are. But again, Michigan is one of the top college coaching jobs in the country, there's no question about that."

Lastly, the person who put up all those points, Offensive Coordinator McGaee, yeah he is comming to Michigan!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

If it is such a premier job, why didn't Meyer or Fulmer or the 'Ol ball coach try for the job? Must be better in South Carolina :lol: or on the banks of the Tennesse River :shock: or even Gainsville :roll: Heck, even Nehlen stayed in Morgantown when they were thinking about hiring Carr. Who has the football IQ now? 8)

If it is one of the top 5 jobs in sports then Ohio State's is number one because Tressel didn't leave. Plus, he is 5-1 against the Victors :oops:

Also, it's Calvin Magee and he did not touch the ball for WVU. He calls the plays, the same plays that lost to South Florida and Pitt.

Its not X's and O's, but Jimmies and Joes that win the games.

Did you hear, Hart is still 0-4. Lucky for Michigan he has used up his eligibility. They haven't beat OSU since he got there. One plus about DickRod, he would have shut Hart's mouth up by sitting him on the bench.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Take your Scarlet and Gray glasses off, lol, the #1 job in the country is out in Southern Cal. Pete Carrol has the #1 program in the country.

Anyways, you have been proven wrong, conversation over.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Not this year he doesn't, maybe next year, but not this year. LSU or Ohio State will be this year's #1 team when the season is over.

Plus, Pete is Bush league. Running up the score on the Big 10's second place team, Illinois for worthless votes in the AP poll.

Oops, I did it again, not giving props to 3rd place Michigan.

Game, Set and Match to Mister B ;-)

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Yep, your expert logic got me again. I mean head to head match up's mean nothing. You got me.

And I meant that the top program in all of America is USC.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

If USC is top program in country, why aren't they playing in the Nat'l Champ. game Monday night. Oh thats right they got beat by Stanford. The Harvard of the west. They must have out thunk ole petey. 8) But I also have to agree with peake. as much as it kills me to say this ....TSUN is one of the premier places to coach football in the country. No question about it.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Year in and out USC is the top program in America, no question. Three NC games in 5 years is unreal. They get the top talent year in and out. Also, didn't USC just smash the team that beat OSU?

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

peake wrote:Also, didn't USC just smash the team that beat OSU?

yeah peake but realistically what do you think Ohio State would do to the team that beat USC, Stanford? They would absolutely hammer them! USC was upset by Stanford and OSU was upset by Illinois. Simple as that!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I agree that is why scenario's like the one's that are being thrown around about Stanford are rediculous. USC year in and year out is as good as anyone, at every position, as well as coaching staff.

Top Programs over the past 5 years, USC, OSU, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, Florida, WVU

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I can remember when everyone of the programs peake listed as the top programs over the last 5 years, stunk. Face it, the world did not start at the turn of the last century.

USC was in a downturn before Carroll got there and the only reason peake throws WVU in the mix is because Michigan hired their old coach, DickRod, to coach WVU@Ann Arbor just to justify his hiring.

When it dries behind peake's ears we can talk about this again. Maybe his turnip truck will be far enough down the road for him.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

well west virgina showed everyone last night that they were the real deal

they got my respect

No one gets a share of the title the winner of the game is the champ

Georgia and USC are the teams in line for a share if anyone they smashed their oppents

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

peake wrote:He has no pride because he took one of the premire jobs in all of sports???

I missed no point, if grandma had a ----, yeah she'd be grandpa. Point is they didn't beat Pitt, so that is how the cookie crumbles.

Why is it so upseting that he left the way he did? He left a program better than it has been in a decade, he brought national spotlight and prestige to a conference that was looked upon as a third world, and gave players a chance that others didn't. Is that enough pride for you?

I am done with all of this cry baby stuff, cfb is a business, get over it.

If the Cleveland Browns offered Tressel 5 million a year he'd be gone in a heart beat!

dude I hate to break this to you, but Tressel wouldnt take a 20 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT. He will retire at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. Tressel isn't a big money makin business guy, he completely loves TOSU.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

keep telling yourself that!

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Man I thought I was on a WVU forum. Guess I'm wrong. I'll see if I can find one. :( :( :( :(

John 3:16
mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

It is a WVU forum. Some folks just want to keep bringing up what a great place/team Michigan is and can't get over the fact that not everybody agrees with the said evaluation of Michigan.

Back to the game.

WVU plowed the road with Oklahoma and you have to wonder if a certain former WVU head coach is not green with envy. Somebody shouldn't have jumped ship so soon or they could have added to their coaching legacy.

Instead, it is just would of, could of, should of.

I hope coach Stewart continues to improve the football program at WVU.

You have to wonder if Bob Stoops is on the hot seat at Oklahoma with 4 straight BCS bowl loses.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

peake wrote:keep telling yourself that!

I know for a fact. Those close to him have been told from the horse's mouth. He will retire at OSU, no matter what is offered.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I agree M.bee

John 3:16
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

WVU team is ready to move on and build from this big win. They have their coach and time to work on getting new recruits in. As for Oklahoma they need to evaluate how they prepare for the Bowl Game. WVU came out and played with an attitude to prove how good they can play and if not for playing bad against Pitt they should have been in the BCS Championship Game. Oklahoma just couldn't come together as a team to play a complete game. To many mistakes and allowing big plays hurt.

Return to “College Sports”