Rumor that Donald Washington Suspended vs. LSU

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:how stupid, always before the big one.

thats for sure.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Here is what I have been told and yes, a source. He's a sports entertainment CEO that has OSU athletic facilities named after his family for donations. He speaks regularly with someone, don't know who, but is usually spot on. A buddy of mine works for him.

He says that they both committed the same act. Since it was DW's first offense, a suspension was not "mandatory." DW has now appealed his suspension and his status is up in the air. This guy says he is not 100% sure on this one. He says he knows for certain all the way up until the point of knowing DW's current status with the team. I think JT is keeping this one locked up right now, but DW was definitely involved in all of this.

This guy ended his email with, "Let's hope JT takes care of this swiftly and with severity on Jan 8, 2008. :-D "

Again guys, take it fwiw. But he has called all recruiting committments this year and the earlier Thad Gibson suspension for the Minnesota game. He is with family for Christmas and I likely won't hear anything for a week or so.

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

that's not good for the Buckeyes....but I see them playing past other people's mistakes...

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Latest from the Dispatch.
Ohio State football: Washington practicing; game status still unclear
Friday, December 28, 2007 3:11 AM
By Ken Gordon and Tim May

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Ohio State cornerback Donald Washington is allowed to practice, but whether he'll play in the national championship game remains unclear.

The Dispatch reported last week that Washington and fellow corner Eugene Clifford had violated unspecified team rules and had been suspended for the title game Jan. 7.

OSU announced Clifford's suspension, and T he Dispatch reported that Washington had appealed his suspension. Several university rules violations specify a formal appeals process, which can take a week or longer to be resolved.

The team had six days off and returned to practice Wednesday. Multiple team sources said Washington has been practicing but were not sure whether he would play against Louisiana State.

Asked whether Washington would be allowed to play in the game, OSU football sports information director Shelly Poe said she couldn't comment on the matter.

Washington, a sophomore from Indianapolis, is a starter who played well this season. He has 34 tackles and an interception returned for a touchdown.

kgordon@dispatch.com

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

i just saw on espn.com that washington is allowed to play

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i am not the one to say who is innocent and who is not. thats not my job but i have nothing to hide but wouldnt want any of my life an open network to be judged for what you wear how you talk. if you got a drug problem get some help to all the nosey people look in the mirror :roll:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

It seems Washington will be in the game, we'll need him. Story doesn't give all the details but I trust Tressel to make the right call.
Washington can play in title game
Starter was facing suspension, sources say
Saturday, December 29, 2007 3:06 AM
By Ken Gordon

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith yesterday said cornerback Donald Washington is eligible to play in the national championship game, ending Washington's nine days in limbo.

Smith would not comment further. Football sports information director Shelly Poe said Washington and coach Jim Tressel would not comment, either.

Based on accounts from multiple team sources, Washington and Eugene Clifford last week faced possible suspensions for violating an unspecified team rule.

Before leaving for a six-day holiday break Dec. 20, players were told that it appeared the Buckeyes would be without Washington and Clifford on Jan. 7 against Louisiana State.

The university announced Clifford's suspension Dec. 21.

Washington, however, appealed. The appeals process included Washington meeting with Smith, Tressel and other officials and presenting his case, sources told The Dispatch.

Whatever Washington presented persuaded the group, and he was not suspended. He has been practicing with the team since bowl preparations resumed Wednesday.

The team heads to New Orleans on Wednesday.

Clifford is a freshman defensive back from Cincinnati who played in four games.

Washington, a sophomore from Indianapolis, is a key player who started all 12 games and had a fine season, with 34 tackles and an interception returned for a touchdown.

kgordon@dispatch.com

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

This seems to be a situation with a lot of misinformed rumors floating around.

One guy on a message board even said that he spoke to Andre Amos, and Amos told him that DW was suspended. This was about a week ago. It does seem that JT likes to keep everything private, and no way would he risk the future discipline of his team for one corner.

Return to “College Sports”