When WIll West Virgina get over it and move on?

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

no doubt.......i didnt think boechman would do as good as he did this year...
and with the national championship being in a dome and weather not a factor he could have a great game....next year if pryor comes coach tressel may have a 2 quarterback system if pryor can deal with not being the go to guy[/list][/quote]

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

There was nver a formal offer to Les Miles. Schiano actually excepted the job and schd a meeting with his team the next morning to let them know, than decided to change his mind. Why, because he is the successor of Paterno at PSU. So RR was actually the #2 choice. Does it really matter if we are excited or not? How many people were excited over a D 1AA coach when the hire was made? I would have to think most OSU fans were scratching thier heads. What RR will be bringing with him is a new style of Football. I am excited and have reason to be. This is a similar system that drilled the buckeyes twice now in to years (Florida, Illinois).

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LOOK FOR DOC HOLLIDAY, AT WVU. HE SAID ----- I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY. :lol:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

3morethan2 wrote:no doubt.......i didnt think boechman would do as good as he did this year...
and with the national championship being in a dome and weather not a factor he could have a great game....next year if pryor comes coach tressel may have a 2 quarterback system if pryor can deal with not being the go to guy[/list]
[/quote]

Like the Tebow freshman year at Florida. Where a player can play some but also learn without having the pressures of being the starting QB. It did work out alright for Tebow.

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Number one, I'm not your buddy!!!!!Number two,I am by no means a WVU fan.Just stated that I could see why so many fans are upset and quoted what has been said by WVU fans.As far as the top tier school bit,if I am not mistaken over the past few years WVU has had a better football and basketball program,but UM fans know all about that seeing that you have got both coaches from WVU.Seems to me that they have been playing second hand to WVU.Nehlen is senile.Yes athletics is a business,but when does loyalty come in to play?Would cry a river but we are still coping with floods from up north- 14-3 HAHAHAHA!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Ok buddy....

First of all WVU is still a second tier school. How many national titles does WVU have by the way??? When Slayton and White head for the NFL, everyone will go that WVU was just a flash in the pan. Oh yeah back to my original question, that is right NONE!!! I could care less about why a WVU fan is upset or mad, etc. WVU has been a better overall football program than Michigan over say the past 5 years, please. I am pretty sure while UM was a game away from playing in the national title a year ago, than going to a BCS bowl, WVU was playing in the Gator. When WVU went ot the Sugar, UM was playing in the Rose back to back years. Didn't WVU go 3-8 one of those years??? Sounds like the WVU program is much much better.

You got me on every point there buddy!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Would you like to talk about who put more players into the pro's during this period?

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

OK-since we are buddies I will repeat what I said-the last few years not last five years.Or are you referring to the last time UM actually won a bowl game-02/03 season,beat florida which was 8-5 in the outback bowl.Now let's go back a few years.
UM-2005-2006 ALAMO BOWL-NEB 32- UM 28
2006-2007 ROSE BOWL-USC-32- UM 18
2007-2008 CAPITAL ONE BOWL-UM VS FLORIDA

WVU-2005-2006 SUGAR BOWL-WVU 38 GEORGIA 35
2006-2007 GATOR BOWL-WVU 38 GEORGIA TECH 35
2007-2008 FIESTA BOWL-WVU VS OKLAHOMA
WVU also one game away from playing for the national title.Let's also mention the back to back rose bowl losses.Sounds like UM is ten times better.Don't even know why I am defending WVU.You um fans always do this to me,guess I can't help it.Hope I didn't upset you ole buddy,ole pal.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

and the crap still is coming in

more angry fans in the local paper

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Local disc jockey "coach kid" from electric 102 was rumored to have been pulled off the air-kid reportedly is a UM grad.When RR made it official coach kid apparently played the UM fight song over the radio.When told not to do it again,he proceeded to play it again and was then yanked off the air.Seen that bit on local news last night,don't know the for sure facts.Coach kid said it was all just for laughs.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Yes I feel really sorry for UM since 2002 they have played in 3 BCS Bowls, against I remind you Texas (who had Vince Young and the next year won the national title) Twice they lost to USC (whom won/shared a national title, and was a game away from playing in the NC and the next season a preseason #1). I am really feeling sorry for myself let me tell ya. Want ot compare strength of Schd, how about WVU's #64 ss, compared to UM's 11th. Last year UM's ss was #2 in the country behind only Florida.

As I have previously stated WVU has hada very good program for the past say 4 years or so, but don't go comparing a program that has had over 100 years of success to a program who has yet to win a National Title.

I had some tard walk up to me the other day and say prepair to go 3-8 next year. Why cause RR did at WVU his first season? Yeah because Michigan is really in a rebuilding phase were they are not atracting top recruits anymore and not producing all americans.

Get over it, move on my good friend!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Let the good times roll and the futre be bright :lol:

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

I actually agree with you on the 3-8,I very seriously doubt that we will ever see an OSU or mu team go 3-8.I have nothing to get over,my BUCKS are playing for the NATIONAL TITLE once again.That being said,I am moving on and honoring the request of the only um friend that I have ever had.Good luck to the wolverines in the capital one bowl. ;-)

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

BLITZBURG wrote:I actually agree with you on the 3-8,I very seriously doubt that we will ever see an OSU or mu team go 3-8.I have nothing to get over,my BUCKS are playing for the NATIONAL TITLE once again.That being said,I am moving on and honoring the request of the only um friend that I have ever had.Good luck to the wolverines in the capital one bowl. ;-)
hey thats a nice thing to say

good luck to OSU they have another tough one against another SEC team
let them not repeat next year

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Awww, I have another OSU friend!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

see we can all be freinds :lol:

dragonsfan24