It's Official: Ohio State vs. LSU for National Championship

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

LSU had the better football team. The Buckeyes did not choke. LSU outplayed them on the line. LSU had more weapons. The Buckeyes were simply out played.

the better team won.

Congrats to Louisiana State.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

buckeye21 wrote:The best team won period. End of story. BUT if it wasn't for the stupid mistakes and stupid penalties then the game would have gone down to the wire.

Ohio State will be a LEGIT national title contender in 2008. They only lose two senior starters and possibly 1-2 more to the draft and remember the Buckeyes will have Beanie Wells back and he will only get better! Enough Said!

You said it right :!: I usually hate to agree with osu fans but you are always rational and usually right :!: I respect you buckeye21. It's the other half of the bandwagon jumpers that makes me hate osu :!: You hit the the nail on the coffin though with the penalties and mistakes. osu shot themselves in the foot after the first quarter. I would expect osu to be in the top 7 - 10 with what they have coming back. I can't stand osu but they will be good next year and SHOULD contend for another BCS title.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

Congrats to LSU for winning the National Championship. As for Buckeye fans, let's not give up on our team and look forward to next year. We're only graduating 5 seniors, so we should be just as big of a force next year as we were this year, when nobody expected us to make it as far as did.

GO BUCKS!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Congrats to LSU...Ohio State you need to keep your head up...at least you made there.

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

kevbk6222 wrote:My Late Prediction:

LSU: 38
OSU: 20

so close

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

newlexpanthers wrote:LSU had the better football team. The Buckeyes did not choke. LSU outplayed them on the line. LSU had more weapons. The Buckeyes were simply out played.

how did they not choke? countless missed tackles, dropped passes, penalties out the wazoo, blown assignments...all stupid, mental and very avoidable mistakes.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

At the beginning of the season, no one would've predicted this young OSU team in the title game. So they did more than expected--had a couple stupid penalties--but they'll be a contender next year. I know I will forever bleed scarlet and gray

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

poor adjustments defensively IMO. Defensive staff should've adjusted the front alingment to re-route the TE off the LOS. When You line up in a 3 man front and blitz the OLB over the TE, theres not much you can do to defend it. I thought they could've made those adjustments or if nothing else, run a robber or bracket coverage.Especially when they ran the bunch trips and hit the TE backside. After the first time, they should've seen that coming.I also think they blitzed to much, leaving the screen/PA stuff wide open.

TE's running off the LOS can kill you and it's even a bigger problem at the HS level. Undisicplined ends or OLB's can really make it easy to hit the TE. But, at the college level, where you can hit the reciever till the balls in the air, thats just not gonna cut it in the NC game.

Several stupid penalties and unuasual mental erorrs were as much to blame as anything. I thought when Robo dropped the ball in the end zone that was a big turning point. He usually cathches those. Made a great one later when it didnt really matter

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

WHY DID OSU STOP RUNNING THE BALL?

it seemed like they started passing more

well last night i finally saw SEC speed or thats what it seemed like

those LSU DB's were all over OSU WRs

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

i'm not sure what was wrong with the buckeye recievers that kept them from getting open, but it wasnt really lack of speed. Chris Wells out ran every player on that LSU defense on that (i think it was) 65 yard TD run, 3 or 4 LSU players even had good angles on him and he ran right by them. the "superior SEC speed" is still a myth in my eyes.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Mister B wrote:Yeah, but they choked to Stanford on their own field. That right there took them out of the national title game.

Same could be said about OSU and Ill.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Even the national media thought that USC did not belong in the title game. Otherwise, they would have been there with a much higher ranking then what they had. USC had 2 losses, 1 to unranked Stanford and the other to #23 Oregon.

Ohio State had 1 loss to #20 Illinois. The national media put Ohio State in the title game by voting them higher than USC.

USC did not take care of business as well as Ohio State during the regular season. If they had, I am sure they would have been there.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

OSU travels to USC next year, should be one hell of a game

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

USC needs to fill the Qb postion with someone that can be an instance sucess but they are good with the skill postions

Return to “College Sports”