Who will be Lllllloyd's replacement?

buckeye21
JV Team

Who will be Lllllloyd's replacement?

Post by buckeye21 »

I know that Les Miles is being mentioned but who else do you think is in the running for the job?

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

It will be a sad day for the Buckeyes when Lloyd goes. I have really liked having him coach Michigan, especially when the Bucks play them. :lol:

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

They're probably gonna go after Jim Tressel

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Miles has to pay $1,250,000 to get out of his contract to go to Mich. It is where he played, coached and met his wife. He would have to listen but sure has a good deal where he is at. This will be a decision made if he goes that means more than money.

Maybe since Alabama lost and will lose next week maybe Nick Saban will want to pack his bags again. LOL

One name that would be good fit and not sure if he would want to coach there former Steelers Coach Cowher. The hard nosed personality they like and has NFL experience. I know many NFL teams would like to have him but the college game is not as stressfull.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

ImageImageImage

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

what about their defensive coridinator? cant remember his name, something Floyd isn't it? He seems pretty involved with the whole team

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I agree with the main point of your argument, but I thought for sure that Woody's overall record with Michigan was a winning one. I thought he may have had a losing record against Bo. Again, I'm not sure, but that's what I was thinking.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

gahs4ever wrote:Woody had a losing record against Michigan

That is wrong. Woody was 16-11-1 against Michigan. He was 4-5-1 against Bo during the "10 year war".

ohioguy
Waterboy

Post by ohioguy »

I think Lloyd deserves respect. He has fielded great teams in the past. The man has a great record and did many great things for Michigan. Right now the mass media is pounding a retirement down everyone's throat and its getting a little old. He is over 60 years old.

Give him some time and a little respect to make a decision.

No, I'm not a Michigan fan (in case you were wondering)...but I think he still deserves honor.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

It was confirmed several hours ago that he has already made his decision and that's why I posted this thread.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3117704

ohioguy
Waterboy

Post by ohioguy »

Yeah I guess I'm a little behind the times.

I understand why you posted this thread. I'm just a little aggravated by the way the newspapers and television stations handled the event.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Wonder if they would consider John Cooper? :lol:

Never Give Up!
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Michigan man will coach Michigan was the past. They have gone elsewhere for Basketball coaches lately. Carr did make sure in his last contract to get all of his assistants 2 year contracts so after this year they would have a job at Michigan.

This is going to be a good job but with high standards. Also with the Nebraska job probably coming available soon people may wait to see what happens. No need to rush but I would say Carr and Michigan has an idea since the decision has probably been made for a long time about Carr leaving. If it is Les Miles would they wait until after the LSU bowl game to announce if so that puts the media and LSU supports asking questions that may effect the teams mind set going into the game.

Will be interesting if they drop some names tomorrow at the press conference. A name being mentioned and I do not see him wanting to go there is Coach Rod of WVU.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I GUESS TRESS WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW CARR TO DRIVE AND OWN. :lol:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I FEEL SORRY FOR LLOYD CARR, GIVE HIM AN 8 YEAR EXTENTION. LET HIM RETIRE AS A WOLVERINE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I know that Les Miles is the top pick to get the job, and rumors has it that his wife was in town this past week looking at property in Yipsalanti. Anyways, Carr is a very good man first of all, he loves his players. He was a good coach, not a great one, but a good one. He did a lot of great things for UM and everyone appreciates that.

Michigan will not be looking to stay in house with this one. Deboard is the O coordinator and if you didn't know he ran the Central Michigan team into the ground. He hasn't been a real wiz with these talented offenses of the Wolverines either. Heene, Hart, Manningham, Long, Arrington, and Michigan is scroing less than 30 a game??? No way he is a candidate.

Ron English will be sought after hard to stay as D coordinator no question. He was one the fast track to being cosidered before this season. The thing he does is give you a great connection as far as recruiting goes with California kids. English was a pac-10 guy and has landed Donnavon Warren, Eugene Germany, and Leon Hall. He will not be the next UM coach.

Quarterbacks Coach Scazbo is the real candidate, but he will likely be a loooooong shot.

Les Miles loved Bo, loved the program, loved the University, met his wife and started his family in Michigan, he absolutly loves UM. With that being said, he does havethe "Michigan Clause" in his contract. Does everyone out there really honestly think that 1.25 million is hard for UM to cover??? be honest with yourself. I think he is the realistic choice to replace Carr as the next UM Head Coach.

The next candidate would be Cincinnati Coach Bryan Kelley. He has great connections to the program through being at Grand Valley State. He helped State to 2 D2 National Titles, than rebuilt CMU back into a MAC powerhouse after DeBoard ran it into the ground. He has done an outstanding job with UC, and is considered the top choice behind Miles. If not either, well I will post more in time!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I think there are many OSU fans out there who would love to see Miles make the trip up North.... I know I would 8)

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

No, Carr can not retire yet. On the serious side Carr has been good for Michigan and should be remembered for his National Championship. Miles will be the next coach and it will make the next 4 weeks interesting at LSU!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BUT I LOVE CARR. :shock:

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Yea, but it is just like it was with John Cooper. Ann Abor realy hated to see Cooper go so will Columbus hate to see Carr go also.

Return to “College Sports”