not over yet

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

lets worry about that state up north first.

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

I hear the fat lady she is warming up!!!!!!!!

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

Ohio State has done their part........ Now it is up to the college football gods to do theirs.......... If not....... HELLLLOOOOO Rose Bowl

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

1959IRISHA wrote:I hear the fat lady she is warming up!!!!!!!!

1959IRISHA that fat lady is the Irish coach. He has been warming up the buffets for years.

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

we Ohio State fans are sorry that our team still has a chance to play for a national championship. How many of you that are knocking us can still say that?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Oklahoma lost one step closer

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Tartanblue wrote:Oklahoma lost one step closer
According to the guys on ESPN this one should put Ohio State number two when all is said and done.

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

Mizzu and Kansas play next week so one of them will lose and then the winner will move on to play Oklahoma in the Big 12 Champ. So with Oregon and Oklahoma losing this week Ohio State should be atleast #5 and sitting pretty just waiting on the other teams to choke and give em a chance to move up to 2. I'm rooting for Arkanasas tho...beat LSU

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

OSU is number 5. But WVU or LSU has to lose, and Oklahoma has to beat the winner of the Kansas/Mizzou game in the Big 12 title.

So it is possible that the Bucks get in.

LSU has to play Darren McFadden and Arkansas, plus either Georgia or Tennessee. I would rather see UK beat Tennessee this weekend and have Georgia and LSU face off in the SEC Championship, I think the dawgs have a better chance against LSU.

WVU still has UConn and the backyard brawl against Pitt.

If I had to bet right now, I would say that it looks like LSU and freakin West Virginia are going to be playing for the National Title :mad:

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WEST VIRGINIA LOOKED LIKE CRAP, BARELY BEATING CINCY, WHO HAS A GREAT TEAM. BUT I THINK WE SHOULD BE AHEAD OF WVU. :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Kentucky beats Tenn.

Georgia beats LSU-Tigers are wondering if Miles is going to Michigan-the team up north helps the Buckeyes again!

Mizzou beats Kansas
Oklahoma or Texas beats Mizzou

End up with West Virginia vs Ohio State in NC Game!

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

mtswngrvsg wrote:End up with West Virginia vs Ohio State in NC Game!

as much as i'd like to see a boarder war for the NT game, that would not go well for the buckeyes. we already saw what a decent team who runs a spread offense can do. I'd hate to see what would happen if White, Slaton and Co. took the field

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good point, but did Tressel and staff learn something after the Illinios game about what to do? OSU made the same mistake vs Illinios as they did with Florida in the NC last year. Do not let them reduce the front, lock man and mix up the blitzes to keep WVU off guard. If OSU truly has the athletes that everyone thinks, then why not lock man in the secondary like the NFL does and keep the numbers in the box to stop the run. Heck against Illiinios the numbers were 7 on 5 or 4. Heck even I can figure out that with the numbers like that run the ball. As one guy said, "all 110,000 people in Ohio Stadium knew that the ball was not leaving Juice Williams hands but they went out with the spread and the LBs just took themselves out of the play. Lets hope OSU learned a thing or two from that game and the Florida game. The Buckeys saw the spread from Akron and Kent State but they just did not have the athletes to match up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I AGREE , WE JUST FORGOT HOW TO TACKLE IN THE ILLINI GAME.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

I kind of thought the same thing brutus...but if you think...the Illini played a nearly perfect game with only 1 penalty and 0 turnovers. Like some said, hopefully the team and the coaching staff learned something from that game, if we do end up playing WVU. Our D didnt play well that game, we turned the ball over and they didnt. I think if we played our game against WVU, theres no way their D would stop Beanie...I also honestly believe that Laurinaitis, Gholston, and company would put White and Slaton out from time to time with big hits, they seem to be a bit frail/turnover prone when taking good hits IMO.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Illinois vs WVU:

QB-WVU
RB-Illinois (no joke)
WR-Illinois
OL-Illinois
DL-draw (WVU pash rushes pretty well)
LB-Illinois
CB-Illinois
S-Illinois (Though about WVU but Mundy from UM even starts for them)

Instant replay would also be functioning in that game. :-D

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Oh, a couple more things....

Lawrence Wilson will be back...stud DE. Imagine he and Gholston together. Also, Denlinger played hurt and well against UM but did not play his DT spot against PSU, Wisky, and Illinois.

Also, of the top 5 teams, OSU has the 2nd best strength of schedule. LSU is 32 overall and OSU is 42 overall. The other 3 aren't even close.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

Orestes wrote:RB-Illinois (no joke)

how do you figure. i know mendenhall is good but i'm pretty sure Slaton was a preseason Heisman top 5, if not top 5, i know he was in the top 10.

mtswngrvsg and beleagle05,

i dont think it was a matter of the coaching staff needing to learn anything. i'm sure tressel and his staff were well aware of the fact that it was gonna be a long day defending the spread offense. the spread O has been eating defenses alive all year, Appy State used it against Michigan, i dont think Oregon would have ever made it to the top 15 (let alone #2) without it and i dont think Illi would have beat half the teams they beat without it.

if somehow, by the grace of god OSU makes it to the NT game and they play WVU and Tress finds a way to shut down that spread offense (which is probably the best in the country talent-wise) he'll have coaches all over the country scratching their heads and thinking "...he's good."

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Whether one was a Heisman candidate preseason or not has nothing to do with being a better RB. It has to do with hype. Mendenhall is a stud. He is fast, strong, smooth, and agile. Slaton is fast and agile.

McFadden, Wells, Mendenhall are all top 5 RBs and top 5 best athletes at the position.

Mendenhall likely jumps to the NFL this season, and I would take him all day over Slaton.

BTW, I would also take Jonathon Stewart over Slaton, and Dixon over White. Oregon is the most talented spread team, and it's not close. It's just that without Dixon, Oregon is hurting.

WVU has beaten Rutgers, Maryland, and Cincy. All of those games would get OSU laughed out of the building for even playing those guys.

I would bet cash on Illinois beating WVU, by more than 10.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

i understand the preseason Heisman watch list is about hype but there's gotta be some level of talent and performance to give reason for that hype. slaton is a great back, i think he just had a down year. dont get me wrong, mendenhall is an absolute stud but i think i'd take white and slaton over juice and mendenhall because Illinois had a defense to back them up and i think the Illini recievers are better than WVU's, but that's just me.

Return to “College Sports”