Illinois vs Ohio State

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

To be honest... Wisconsin was a better team than Illinois and we beat them like a drum in the second half to get a win. Kind of strange that a team such as Illinois which isn't AS good as some of the other teams that we've played this year would play that well to beat us...

Any guesses why?

It's because Ohio State has a scarlet and gray target on their chest no matter what team is next on the schedule. A team could have a mediocre season such as Illinois and beat Ohio State and feel like they have just won the national championship... It has been this way for years.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Everyone is on the Buckeye for a losing to an 8-3 Illini team......

LSU lost to a 7-3 Kentucky Team
Oregon 6-4 Cal Team
Oklahoma a 5-6 Colorado Team
WV a 7-3 South Florida Team

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Just wondering where the replay official was on Illinios first running play when the player fumbled but was not reviewed? Was he a sleep at the switch? 8)

Why didn't OSU lock man and keep more men in the box when they knew that Juice was going to have the ball in his hands? Same questions about the defense vs Florida last year. :(

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Orestes wrote:Everyone is on the Buckeye for a losing to an 8-3 Illini team......

Oregon 6-4 Cal Team

OK, maybe I'm clueless about this stuff but could someone explain how all these teams lost too but are ranked higher than OSU. How does this system work? I realize our loss was late in the season but is that all?

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

ballparent wrote:
Orestes wrote:Everyone is on the Buckeye for a losing to an 8-3 Illini team......

Oregon 6-4 Cal Team

OK, maybe I'm clueless about this stuff but could someone explain how all these teams lost too but are ranked higher than OSU. How does this system work? I realize our loss was late in the season but is that all?

And OSU is widely hated much like the New York Yankees, so people were just itching to drop them as far as possible. People also don't like Tressel's squeaky clean image, so all the more reason to bash. I love the hatred, as it makes every win all that much better.

jblanton15
Waterboy

Post by jblanton15 »

Theyre not widley hated, theyre widley overrated. This season was the best proof yet. And I think most everyone likes Tressel, its the fact they won the NC against miami on a ridiculous call and were bashed by florida, which proved the SEC's superiority. And obnoxious fans dont help, either.

"When you get 2 dogs, all you have are 2 dogs."- My Grandma
BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

:roll:

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Can't you feel the hatred?

OSU lost to a 8-3 Illinois team that played lights out, while OSU turned it over 3 times. Meanwhile, every other 1-loss team lost to someone with a similar or worse record than Illinois. Yep, that game proved it. Although, I will readily admit that I do not trust the defense right now. I don't like the schemes Heacock is running.

BTW, please don't bring up the Miami PI call. First of all, the NCAA reviewed it and said it was the correct call. Also, there was a no-call against Gamble while on offense in the 3rd quarter where he was held ridicuously. If the call had been made, OSU would have had a 1st down, rather than a 4th down, and they would have run the clock out in the 4th quarter with a 17-14 lead. BTW, Gamble also caught the ball at the end of the play, and it was ruled incomplete. Not to mention that Miami had a 1st and goal from the 2 yardline and could not get the ball into the endzone. Please cut that stuff. You are seeing it that way either b/c you hate OSU or because you love controversy. I will guess the 1st one.

jblanton15
Waterboy

Post by jblanton15 »

Easy trigger, I dont hate them, I'm independent on this one. Just my opinion on the PI call, the defender barly touched him and it had no affect on his ability to catch the ball..and it was the call that directly afftected the outcome...but anyway, I have always liked watching them play, its the fans that have always made me cringe.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Yeah. A 3rd down hold on a WR that would have allowed OSU to run out the clock and win the game has zero direct effect on the outcome :roll:

I love the "I just don't like the fans" argument. Do you know me? Do you know all Florida fans? Have you ever lived in and around Austin Texas and had to be around a huge portion of their fanbase? I doubt it. Sure, there are a lot of DB Buckeye fans, but every fanbase has them. Hell, I can't stand many hardcore Ohio University fans, but there are a few that I definitely do like.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

jblanton15
Waterboy

Post by jblanton15 »

Again, this is just my opinion and where I live, there are mostly Ohio State fans and while I like them as people they're little over the top sometimes. I've spent time in a lot of college towns and campuses and Columbus is about the only one where I never feel persuaded to root for the home team. It is also my opinion that the SEC is far and away the better conference. You may be right about that holding call, but does that mean you are conceding that the PI call was incorrect?

jblanton15
Waterboy

Post by jblanton15 »

Haha, I get the feeling you've had this argument before..

jblanton15
Waterboy

Post by jblanton15 »

whoa hold up i just realized you have tool lyrics in ur profile! im a member of tool army!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

jblanton15 wrote:whoa hold up i just realized you have tool lyrics in ur profile! im a member of tool army!

I like you better now :-D I'm actually a little annoyed that they are spending all their time out west in this mini-tour. I saw them in Columbus, Cincy, and Huntington most recently.

And yes, I've had this argument before. I still have a website "favorited" that defends the PI call in OT, but I didn't feel like going that far. So I usually just stick with the 4th quarter no-call.

Look though, I have gone on some bowl trips with OSU and Miami and Florida fans were about as bad as it gets. They also have their home state in common. Also, I have seen enough OSU football over the years to keep the over confident attitude out of the picture. I was in "the shoe" in 1998 when MSU upset OSU in a year where OSU was clearly the best team in the country. So, I know they can lose at any time. Plus, even when they win, what am I accomplishing? Nothing. So, I do cheer for them with a passion, but realize that they can lose at any time and never brag about how they're going to beat somebody.

jblanton15
Waterboy

Post by jblanton15 »

Ok, im through with the argument.

I saw them at those 3 shows and at Bonnaroo which was the best show I've ever been to. Tom Morello played with them! But yeah I'm bummed about this tour but I think they'll be back. If ur not a TA member let me know, and I'll let ya have my password and check it out.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Orestes wrote:Image

thats not defensive pass interference

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

BigMcCauley55 wrote:
Orestes wrote:Image

thats not defensive pass interference

it depends. if the ball is in the air, yes it is. if the ball hasnt been thrown yet, then it's defensive holding.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

That's not the OT PI. That's the no-call hold when OSU had the ball 3rd and 6 with less than 2 minutes left, and Miami having only 1 timeout. OSU was leading 17-14. Also, at the end of that play, Gamble catches the ball, but it is ruled incomplete. Having replay at that time would have reversed it. So, both calls went wrongly against OSU.

Also, yes that would be PI if the ball were in the air. However, in this case it is holding. It is not only holding up Gamble from being able to run his route with normal speed, but it is also keeping the defender balanced and able to stay near Gamble. It is clearly illegal.

team_xc
Riding the Bench

Post by team_xc »

orestes,
they won that game.
let it go. the ohio state players showed alot of class at the end of the ill
thumping sat dint they.

Return to “College Sports”