2023 Cincinnati Bengals

PTrojan59
S

2023 Cincinnati Bengals

Post by PTrojan59 »

The NFL draft has came and went. The Bengals drafted 8 guys. They went heavy on defense to start the draft, then in the middle rounds got some skill guys and a punter. They added a TON of speed via the draft. This after adding TE Irv Smith, CB Sidney Jones, OT Orlando Brown, OL Cody Ford, S Nick Scott in free agency.

1. Myles Murphy DE-Clemson
2. DJ Turner CB-Michigan
3. Jordan Battle S-Alabama
4. Charlie Jones WR-Purdue
5. Chase Brown RB-Illinois
6. Andrei Iosivas WR-Princeton
6. Brad Robbins P-Michigan
7. DJ Ivey CB-Miami FL

Cincinnati lost some key guys to FA as well. Safeties Jesse Bates & Von Bell, RB Samaje Perine & TE Hayden Hurst. The roster is almost complete, they will need to add a backup QB, maybe a vet RB or TE. Really excited about the guys they brought in via the draft & FA. I won’t sit here and pretend they didn’t lose some valuable pieces, but I feel like they are a better team with more depth, athleticism and speed than they were back in January. The off-season has been interesting thus far. Jonah Williams requested a trade that I don’t think will or should happen, he seems like the guy at RT. Joe Mixon has had some issues, he’s been asked to take a pay cut, that remains to be seen if it will happen, looming extensions for Higgins & Burrow. I’m sure the fun/drama will continue into the summer.

The 2023 schedule should be out sometime late next week, I’m anticipating the Bengals to have 5 prime time games.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Bengals this coming season? Honestly won’t be long now. 4 months until we get some action going again. Who Dey!

Who Dey!
PTrojan59
S

Re: 2023 Cincinnati Bengals

Post by PTrojan59 »

Bengals will open the season on September 10th 1:00 pm at the Browns. They ended up with 4 prime time games. Week 3 against the Rams on Monday night, Week 9 Sunday night against Buffalo, week 11 Thursday night at Baltimore and week 13 Monday night down in Jacksonville. They play the 49ers at 4:25 week 8 out in SF, Pittsburgh on a Saturday afternoon week 16 at 4:25 and the most anticipated game on the schedule will be week 17 when they travel to KC kickoff at 4:25 pm on NYE. About 5 weeks from training camp getting underway.

Who Dey!
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Any news on Burrow? Would love to see him on the field playing against my Browns in 20 days.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

He needs to sign lol. making me nervous

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burrow was back at practice yesterday and all indication was he is fine. First game being at Cleveland could well be a loss but as long as they come out injury free I'm okay with that. They started last years with a loss and everything turned out fine.

I look for a 12-14 win season.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Hope I'm wrong but I see the same rusty start as last year with Burrow playing 0 preseason snaps.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Looks like Joe and company are laying an egg in this game.....

Next week guys....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Replay of last year. Burrow no snaps in preseason equals crappy start! Offensive line looks terrible! Could be a long year down on the River!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Did Burrow take the money 💰 and run 😜

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Sad start for the Bengals but saw it last year also and bounced back. If the same result as last year then stay the course. Some mentioned the weather but Bengals played Buffalo in a blizzard and played great so.. weather not the reason- lack of starters playing preseason IMO- however as said will give the Bengals the benefit of doubt if we have a repeat of 2022.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Weather could have been a factor, but the Browns secondary was definitely a factor.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

O line looked terrible.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

So many things to blame that week 1 thumping to the Browns on. Bad play calling, offensive line wasn’t good, Burrow had his worst career game, not playing starters in the pre season, Browns defense just that good. No matter what way you chalk it up, the defense was solid until they just ran out of gas. The offense, well it was the worst offensive performance I think I’ve ever seen. Lot to work on in a week, repeat of last year I guess. Need to buckle down, get some chemistry and win some games, schedule is tough though.

Who Dey!
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Time to hit the panic button! Take away the punt return and this game wasn't as close as the final score. Clearly, this team isn't as good as the last few years and it's not just the offense. The defense can't stop a 7th-grade team right now :roll: I don't see a miraculous turn around coming this time but I guess there is always hope. They got some winnable games coming but I don't see playoffs this year. :(

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Bengals got their first win of the season last night against the Rams. It wasn’t pretty, offense wasn’t good, Burrow isn’t the same due to the calf injury but the defense stepped up. Big games from Wilson, Hill & Hendrickson. 2 interceptions and 6 sacks. Granted it was against the Rams but the defense definitely played the the defense of old. Big games from Chase and Mixon. Burrow did what he had to do, didn’t aggravate the injury, hopefully he can push through it and as the season goes it’ll heal more and more. Lot of work to do, but winnable game against Tennessee coming up. Who Dey!

Who Dey!
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Defense was much improved from the last two games! That was a relief but still worried about the offense. :(

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Tennessee will be hungry after that beat-down at the hands of The Cleveland Browns.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They eat enough for an army! Terrible :oops:

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

After a rough start to the season the Bengals are looking like the Bengals from the last 2 seasons. Offense lead by a healthy Joe Burrow is starting to put up the points. Defense is playing well, forcing turnovers. Swept the NFC West after a HUGE win out in California yesterday against the 49ers. Bengals are now up to 4-3 with another huge game this week. Buffalo will come to down and this game will be prime time Sunday night. Who Dey!

Who Dey!
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Loved seeing the Bengals click on all cylinders yesterday with a 2 possession win over a solid but recently struggling 49ers team. Their QB situation is now their main struggle..

As for the upcoming game I'm obviously going to pick Bengals to win but I like our chances even more at home. Bills are a good team as well but in recent years we've seemed to of had their number! Who Dey!

Return to “Pro Sports”