Minor Leauger Hits For Home Run Cycle

Omega
SEOPS H

Minor Leauger Hits For Home Run Cycle

Post by Omega »

From MLB.com:

On an 88-degree night in Amarillo, Texas, in front of 5,134 at HODGETOWN Stadium, Chandler Redmond mashed his way into baseball lore.

The Cardinals infield prospect barreled up a solo, two-run, three-run and grand slam homer to complete the rarest milestone in baseball history -- the "home run cycle."

"It's unbelievable," Redmond said. "I don't even know what words to use to describe the feelings right now."

Only one other time has this feat been accomplished in the modern era of the game -- by Tyrone Horne on July 27, 1998, for the then-Cardinals affiliate Double-A Arkansas Travelers of the Texas League. It's never been done in the Major Leagues.

What makes Redmond's performance even more remarkable is that it occurred in a game that became drenched with history as Double-A Springfield posted 21 runs on 21 hits and clubbed eight home runs en route to a 21-4 drubbing of Amarillo. The Cardinals' eight dingers and 21 runs set single-game franchise records. Redmond's four jacks and 11 RBIs -- as part of a career-high five-hit effort -- also set the new single-game highwater mark for the club.

https://www.milb.com/news/chandler-redm ... pringfield

Not the Bigs, but still kind of cool

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Minor Leauger Hits For Home Run Cycle

Post by OHHS old timer »

Back in May of1999....

Marshall McDougall of FSU hit for the home run cycle at Wake Forest in 26-2 victory. After a first inning single, he hit 6 straight dingers....going 7 for 7 (25 total bases) and 16 RBI's.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “Pro Sports”