2022 Cleveland Browns

Omega
SEOPS H

2022 Cleveland Browns

Post by Omega »

Well the Brownies have a quarterback conundrum.
Baker Mayfield wants out. DeShaun Watson wants in.
Then there is the chance the NFL will suspend Watson over his off field behavior. So who will QB the Browns?

https://www.wspa.com/sports/deshaun-wat ... nd-browns/

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: 2022 Cleveland Browns

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Watson, or someone else if he gets suspended. Unfortunately it won’t be Mayfield.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Browns fans you like this move? We will take you in the jungle if you hate it. We have the smallest fan base and need to grow lol.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

While I like Burrow, that could never happen.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Guaranteed money wow what a gamble ?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

And now Antonio Headcase Brown wants to come in and be part of the circus. What's next? Colin Kaepernick? :roll:

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Browns want first round pick for Mayfield !!!l lol

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:54 pm Browns want first round pick for Mayfield !!!l lol
That will never happen. Mayfield blew it when he wrote the 'farewell" tweet to the fans in Cleveland. Consider this theory, Browns express interest in Watson, Mayfield posts tweet, places cloud over self and team. News comes out that Watson eliminates Browns, same day Mayfield demands a trade. This puts Browns in a bad position, can they move forward with a player that has demanded a trade? Browns go back to Watson with inflated offer of $230 million, highest offer to date. He accepts, game over.
I maintain that if Mayfield doesn't demand a trade, Browns don't up offer to Watson and Mayfield is starter.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Why in the world would they give him that kind of money and in so much trouble ???

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Browns said that at end of season that Mayfield would be starter going forward, but they would keep open possibility of upgrading position. Watson is no-billed by Harris County Grand Jury opening up the frenzy. Browns, like other teams, pursue Watson. Mayfield gets feelings hurt, posts tweet saying goodbye to Cleveland fans. Watson eliminates Browns, Mayfield demands trade the same day. Browns can't move forward with Mayfield because of trade demand, increase offer significantly to Watson. Next day, he accepts.
I never wanted Browns to sign him, think that they have mortgaged the future. Wanted Mayfield even though he sucked last year, I thought he deserved one more shot at making the team a winner. But Watson is the QB now, and as a Browns fan, I have to support him.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

No QB worth all that money and picks ???

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I can't see how Watson could be worth $230 million, but I am just a retired construction worker on a pension.
If this contract prevents Browns from extending such players as Ward, or in a few years JOK , Newsome, or Njoku, it will surely have been a big mistake.
But, Berry has done well up to this point, so who knows?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Bauer out two seasons ??? MLB drop a bomb ! Now will the NFL follow with Watson ???

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Not here to judge just money goes to some players head? What are they thinking ???

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Browns sign Clowney to a 1 year deal. Maybe they are finished in F.A. market? Maybe another DL?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Baker was really bad at times last year. If Watson is allowed to play he may be as good as baker was last year but no way he does much better. NFL qb is a headspace game hence only a handful of quality qbs playing currently. Teams that have the high IQ qb are gonna compete and the teams that draft talent and potential are gonna be good or mediocre depending on how dedicated the qb is that specific week. My buckeyes fight the same battle against talented defenses, yet let the only true qb leave and win the NC and Heisman trophy. SMH. Off subject, sorry!! Browns seemed to be building but this off season that went out the window. Money is the culprit. Big money should be reserved for those who are dedicated and consistent. Watson will be neither of those.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Time will tell, if he plays this year.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I really wish The Browns would release/pay Mayfield. This has lingered long enough. I think they are waiting not only until training camp in case another team has an injury, I think it is punishment for the trade demand. Although, how punishing can it be to sit in Austin, Texas and get paid almost 19 million dollars for boating on the lake?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Why did Cleveland jump the gun on Watson ??? May have to set the whole season ??? That's the Browns for you.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I think that they saw an opportunity and jumped on it. Just like the Falcons, Saints, and Dolphins. I didn't like it, but I can't change it. So I'll hope for the best. I don't think that we should be down on The Browns for trying to upgrade a position.

Return to “Pro Sports”