2022 Cincinnati Reds

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Omega »

BigGuy10 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:12 am
Geronimo wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:10 am Reds still might get out last place? Seen some where they won 9 out of last 13 games ?
They have a good chance to jump out of last and even potentially to 3rd! Just depends on how the trade deadline goes and what team wants to show up..

We still have 6 vs the Marlins, 3 with the Nationals AND Rockies, and 12 with our divisional rivals Cubs and 10 vs the Pirates. If we can find a way to win roughly 20/34 of those games or more, I like our chances to get out of 5th place. But, I guess we'll see :D
Since their disastrous start, the Reds are 34-36, a .485 winning percentage, so third place is not out of reach. However I am more interested in their trade returns and if they call up and play their prospects going forward over the remaining games. I think that will show if ownership has a definite rebuild strategy towards winning or it their goal is still dumping current and future salary to enhance the bottom line.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Omega wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:08 am
BigGuy10 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:12 am
Geronimo wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:10 am Reds still might get out last place? Seen some where they won 9 out of last 13 games ?
They have a good chance to jump out of last and even potentially to 3rd! Just depends on how the trade deadline goes and what team wants to show up..

We still have 6 vs the Marlins, 3 with the Nationals AND Rockies, and 12 with our divisional rivals Cubs and 10 vs the Pirates. If we can find a way to win roughly 20/34 of those games or more, I like our chances to get out of 5th place. But, I guess we'll see :D
Since their disastrous start, the Reds are 34-36, a .485 winning percentage, so third place is not out of reach. However I am more interested in their trade returns and if they call up and play their prospects going forward over the remaining games. I think that will show if ownership has a definite rebuild strategy towards winning or it their goal is still dumping current and future salary to enhance the bottom line.
Historically in the Castellini era, we haven't been known to get good returns when trading our big name guys so let's hope we can turn that around. Prospects wise, the bad thing is is that we don't really have many prospects who are ready to be called up yet.. we've already seen a majority of our AAA guys from all the injuries we've had this season.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not sold on us trading Castillo unless we get an absolute ransom for him since we still have him under control for another season. Don't rush if this isn't the best return we can get

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Castillo has become a very good pitcher hope they get alot in return if they trade him ? He be good to build a round. In other words he's a keeper jmo.. :D

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

If he is good, they will trade him.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Reds trade Tyler Naquin, Phil Diehl to Mets for two minor league players

The Cincinnati Reds are trading outfielder Tyler Naquin and pitcher Phil Diehl to the New York Mets for two minor league players.

New York is sending second baseman Hector Rodriguez, 18, and RHP Jose Acuna, 19, to Cincinnati. Neither player is listed as one of MLB.com's top 30 prospects for the Mets.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball/re ... ue-players

Apparently Naquin would be a free agent at season end, so I guess the Reds are at least getting some return.

Still nothing solid on the rumored Castillo trade.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Mariners trade to improve rotation, land Luis Castillo from Reds

From The Seattle Times:

MLB sources confirmed that the Mariners finalized a trade to acquire right-handed pitcher Luis Castillo of the Reds, the top pitcher available on the trade market in exchange for four prospects: Noelvi Marte and Edwin Arroyo and right-handed pitchers Andrew Moore and Levi Stoudt.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... from-reds/

I have yet to see official confirmation from the Reds

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo what a cheap front office and a cheap Owen. Wow :roll: :roll: :roll:

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

That somes up the season of the Reds start all over again ??? Lost one good pitcher?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As to the return the Reds received for Castillo, the early reports have been favorable.

Noelvi Marte and Edwin Arroyo are regarded as two of the Mariners top three prospects, and among the top 100 in MiLB baseball. The pitchers look to be lottery tickets to fill out the deal.

Marte and Arroyo are both under 21. Good hit and good gloves in Class A ball.

Any trade for prospects is a crap shoot. None of the 4 are guaranteed to make the Reds in the future, but at least Krall got more than a bag of balls for Castillo. It does appear the Reds are going to rebuild through prospects and the farm system. The down side is the Reds have been very inconsistent in developing their minor league talent.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Rolling dice crap shoot it's BS one pitcher they could of build around gone :roll: :roll: :roll:

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Mariners only shot is a wild card but at least they have a shot !!! Go Mariners !!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Don't trade Mahle ?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:17 am Don't trade Mahle ?
They do need a veteran pitcher to anchor the staff so their young rotation can mature, but from what I have read, Cincy has put everybody but Greene, Lodolo, and Stephenson on the block for the best prospect(s) available. Whether Krall sees enough talent in return to pull the trade trigger remains to be seen. 2023 and 2024 figure to be lost years. Maybe the prospects will develop and 2025 will be a competitive season for the Reds.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

A few rays of sunshine in an otherwise miserable season:

The Reds are now in 4th place, a half game ahead of Pittsburgh.

Brandon Drury has hit his 20th home run.

The Reds have won 12 of their last 19 games.

The Reds are now 9-5 against the AL East, a division many feel is the best in MLB.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Still thinking if did not clean house so Early in a weak division they would be in the Hunt.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Reds are merely a farm team for the rest of MLB.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Reds Trade Tommy Pham To Red Sox For PTBNL

The Reds appear to make a pure salary dump with this move. Pham was only hitting .240, which I guess is the new .280 in MLB. I kind of liked Pham and his volatile personality. At least he was entertaining.

https://www.mlb.com/news/reds-trade-tom ... to-red-sox

More trades to come on deadline day?

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Reds are now 13-7 in their last 20 games and really haven't looked too bad. I'm going to miss Castillo no doubt, however on paper the Reds got a huge W in this trade. We have now acquired 10 new prospects with 6 of them making our teams top 30 (Ranks #1,#5,#6,#8,#14 and #15)

I know it's tough to see our team trade away players we like however I haven't seen us be (on paper) this committed to rebuilding our farm system this heavily with intentions to develop these players at a high level. If this works out, expect the Reds to be very dangerous come 2024 or 2025.

With how the market has been thus far, Tyler Mahle is the best SP available for a team in need of one and will pay big returns to acquire him. Don't be surprised at sometime today if we see names like Mahle, Drury, or Farmer shipped out elsewhere for some pretty solid prospects to boost our farm even more. If that's the case, I'm all for it. Always Go Reds!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

BigGuy10 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:19 am Reds are now 13-7 in their last 20 games and really haven't looked too bad. I'm going to miss Castillo no doubt, however on paper the Reds got a huge W in this trade. We have now acquired 10 new prospects with 6 of them making our teams top 30 (Ranks #1,#5,#6,#8,#14 and #15)

I know it's tough to see our team trade away players we like however I haven't seen us be (on paper) this committed to rebuilding our farm system this heavily with intentions to develop these players at a high level. If this works out, expect the Reds to be very dangerous come 2024 or 2025.

With how the market has been thus far, Tyler Mahle is the best SP available for a team in need of one and will pay big returns to acquire him. Don't be surprised at sometime today if we see names like Mahle, Drury, or Farmer shipped out elsewhere for some pretty solid prospects to boost our farm even more. If that's the case, I'm all for it. Always Go Reds!
Good post BG10.

The current Reds FO strategy of rebuilding through young prospects is valid. I just hope the Castellini majority ownership stays the course and acquire some talent evaluation acumen along the way.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Tyler Mahle is on the move to the Minnesota Twins for 3 prospects: Twins #7 Spencer Steer (2B/3B), #18 Steve Hajjar (LHP), and #23 Christian Encarnacion-Strand (1B/3B)

Will miss Mahle for sure but again, I will be optimistic about what all we're doing for our farm system

Return to “Pro Sports”