Pirates 2013

Black Panther
SEO

Pirates 2013

Post by Black Panther »

Mister B-This is our official thread for this year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Pirates 2013

Post by Orange and Brown »

Pirates will be playing for the wildcard this year....

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Your lips to Gods ears.I'll take a winning season first.Hurdle is confident the Pirates will surpass last years win total.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Black Panther wrote:Your lips to Gods ears.I'll take a winning season first.Hurdle is confident the Pirates will surpass last years win total.

As a Reds fan, I want the Pirates to be good. Last year they made a pretty good run. They got a little more experience and I really think they will make some noise.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:Your lips to Gods ears.I'll take a winning season first.Hurdle is confident the Pirates will surpass last years win total.
I agree. Lets have a winning season with some playoff pressure late in the season to help the Buccos mature.

Opening pitch vs the Cubbies today with Burnett on the hill.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Orange and Brown wrote:Pirates will be playing for the wildcard this year....
not a chance,first part of last year was a fluke they will never get to playoffs with that horrid hitting lineup or with clint hurdle as mgr they lack team speed and the bullpen fell apart like a junky rusted out car houston and the cubs will both be as good ot better than pirates

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

77-85

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Cubs 3 Bucs 1

Shiver me timbers mate, Buccos only manage 3 hits in the season opener.

Lets keep a weather eye on the horizon with hopes that we can come up with some sort of offense this season.

Couldn't have asked much more from Burnett. Pitching for both teams was outstanding.

Looking for a bounce back win in game 2 on Wednesday.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bucs 3 Cubs 0

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!

Rodriquez goes 6 2/3 0 R 2 H 6 K's 1 BB for a solid start. Bullpen extends their perfect innings streak to 5 2/3 as Watson and Grilli close it out for the season's first win.

Bucs go for the series win in an afternoon game on Wednesday. J-Mac vs Wood.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Bevo wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Pirates will be playing for the wildcard this year....
not a chance,first part of last year was a fluke they will never get to playoffs with that horrid hitting lineup or with clint hurdle as mgr they lack team speed and the bullpen fell apart like a junky rusted out car houston and the cubs will both be as good ot better than pirates
You just know everything about everything...........
I am so glad your around to tell me when :roll: I am wrong

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Pirates are dead last in every offensive catagory in MLB. 6 runs in 5 games. Disgusting.

Pirate pitching is another story. Bucco pitchers are ranked 2nd in team ERA, 2nd in batting average against and 2nd in WHIP in MLB.

Bucs look to salvage a win vs the Dodgers today to avoid the sweep.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Got to bail the water off the deck and set sail for Arizona.We stink right now.We've blown two great performances by Burnett.Wandy will have to hold serve tomorrow night.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Pirates take two of three in the Valley Of The Sun.Pirates open up a weekend series with cin.Friday.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Bucs beat cin 6-5."How Sweet It Is!"

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Bucs win again! 3-1 over cin."How Sweet It Is!" The Pirates go for the sweep tomorrow!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Pirates sweep the reds out of Pittsburgh with a 9-7 comeback win today! "How Sweet It Is!" Just a Pirate fans opinion on the reds here....Major mistake in not bringing Rolen back this year.That in itself makes you not as good a team as last year.I didn't realize that they hadn't brought him back...Oh well....And I think Cuetos injury is more serious than they are saying.I'd say he's done for the year if not a big chunk of it...
Last edited by Black Panther on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bucs sweep Reds. Wow!

Talk about a tale of 2 different games within one game. Latkos was undefeated (3-0) at PNC Park with a 1.89 ERA coming into the game and he had us dead in the water. We countered with the MLB debut of Phil Irwin which just pi$$ed me off. We have a chance to sweep at home and we throw the game away with a spot start of a rookie. He gave up 4 runs on 4 hits in the first 2 innings but looked good in the next 3.

Buccos got to the bullpen and just went OFF in the 7th and 8th inning as the Reds pen lost a 6 run lead.

Bucco bats were the bomb as the scored 10 runs in the last 2 innings and sent those dirty land lubbers back to their home port with their tails between their legs.

Bucs have won 5 of their last 6 after getting swept in LA.

Cards come to town for 3 and then Hotlanta for 4. Need to win no less than 4 of these 7 games. I've got tickets for Fridays game vs the Braves who just pounded a good National pitching staff on the road.

After 12 games this year we are 6-6. Last year at the same point we were 5-7.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bucs 6 Braves 0

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!

Bucs even the 4 game series at 1 each as they jump on Braves starter Hudson from the get go.

Alvarez blasts a 430 foot shot just short of the river. Rodriguez and the pen give up just 2 hits to Hotlanta for only their 3rd loss of the year.

Went up and saw this game in person. Cool and windy night on a free T-shirt Friday.

Bucs and Braves square off in game 3 of 4 tonight.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Pirates 3 braves 1.Bucs go for the series win tomorrow. "How Sweet It Is!"

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bucs 4 Braves 2

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!

Bucs take the series 3 games to 1. An excellent homestand for the Buccos as they sweep the Reds (3-0) split with the Cards (1-1) and win the series vs the Braves (3-1). You couldn't ask for anything more. Great pitching, solid defense and timely hitting.

Bucs hit the road for 4 in Philly, 3 in St Louis and 3 in Milwaukee. I would be happy going 5-5 on the road trip but would love to see us at least split the series in Philly and win both vs the Cards and Brewers which would be 6-4.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Return to “Pro Sports”