2014 Cleveland Browns offseason

bdubya
Varsity

2014 Cleveland Browns offseason

Post by bdubya »

Can't even get through the SB without someone taking a shot.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... eland.html

I would like to point out that the Browns scored more points last week in the pro bowl than 1 of the teams in the SB.

Gladly trade places with Denver right now, but that's what next year is for.

Right? :roll:

Also wondering to myself, how exactly is the new staff better than the previous one? Any other Browns fans wondering the same, or am I the only one left?

The Enforcer
SEO

Re: 2014 Cleveland Browns offseason

Post by The Enforcer »

Ok first I'm a Browns fan and I have no problem with what was said, sometimes the truth hurts, 2nd it's kinda funny because My status on Facebook was the Seahawks had Manning looking like Weeden for a while

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

bdubya wrote:Can't even get through the SB without someone taking a shot.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... eland.html

I would like to point out that the Browns scored more points last week in the pro bowl than 1 of the teams in the SB.

Gladly trade places with Denver right now, but that's what next year is for.

Right? :roll:

Also wondering to myself, how exactly is the new staff better than the previous one? Any other Browns fans wondering the same, or am I the only one left?
I'm still around. After the coaching changes I'm thinking of changing from dazed&confused to wait 'n see!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I think we will land a pretty decent QB with the 4th pick. I wouldn't ransom everything else to move up any. If your guy isn't there at 4. take Wadkins from Clemson and get a development QB later.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

dazed&confused wrote:I think we will land a pretty decent QB with the 4th pick. I wouldn't ransom everything else to move up any. If your guy isn't there at 4. take Wadkins from Clemson and get a development QB later.
Agreed, but it won't happen.

I'd prefer briegewater or bortles, but I have a feeling that the manziel hype is not hype - especially with Kyle shanahan in town.

Watkins, Tre Mason or Carlos Hyde and AJ McCarron would be a decent start, IMO.

Of course, we could trade our second rounder for a first rounder next year, as well as both thirds for a pair of future seconds.

The Stooges need to nail this one, and I don't think they will.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

bdubya wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:I think we will land a pretty decent QB with the 4th pick. I wouldn't ransom everything else to move up any. If your guy isn't there at 4. take Wadkins from Clemson and get a development QB later.
Agreed, but it won't happen.

I'd prefer briegewater or bortles, but I have a feeling that the manziel hype is not hype - especially with Kyle shanahan in town.

Watkins, Tre Mason or Carlos Hyde and AJ McCarron would be a decent start, IMO.

Of course, we could trade our second rounder for a first rounder next year, as well as both thirds for a pair of future seconds.

The Stooges need to nail this one, and I don't think they will.
I'm hoping that Manziel goes to the Combine and puts on a show!! That way the texans take Him at 1 , Then Bridgewater or Bortels will fall to Us!!! Would also love to see Hyde fall to Us in the later Rds

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

The Browns put the "FUN" in dysfunctional!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I about fell off my chair when I heard this,then I remembered it was Cleveland :roll: 2 stooges down one to go

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

dazed&confused wrote:The Browns put the "FUN" in dysfunctional!
Can't argue with that. They set the bar high for ineptitude.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

The Oaf wrote:
You know D&C was talking about the Cleveland football team, not the family that owns the Bengals - right?

LOL!

This, BTW, was classic and I have to share it.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... _as_v.html

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

bdubya wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
You know D&C was talking about the Cleveland football team, not the family that owns the Bengals - right?

LOL!

This, BTW, was classic and I have to share it.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... _as_v.html
:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

My hope is the blind squirrel theory. We just might luck out by accident one day. Hell, some "artists" get famous by throwing buckets of paint at a canvas.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

dazed&confused wrote:My hope is the blind squirrel theory. We just might luck out by accident one day.
We did that. He's called Josh Gordon.

You don't really expect more than one a decade do you?

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Maybe we could rebuild old Municipal Stadium board by board. That seemed to work.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I've seen many mock drafts after the combine having the Browns taking either Manziel or Bortles at 4. I've also seen a report these are smoke screens and that after the front office shake-up, Farmer may go in a completely different direction. Maybe trade out of 4 or take Wadkins. Also heard Farmer may like Carr for QB in the 2nd round. If they pass on QB at 4, what do you think they should do? I also hated to see them release Jackson but he will be 31 in September and his on-field production has slipped. Today the Plain Dealer said they may be considering cutting Rubin, too. Sounds like Farmer and Pettine are busy making changes to the defense. I think we need to lock up Joe Haden to a long-term deal and get Ward and Mack re-signed.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't know what Farmer sees in Carr,the only decent team he played against he looked horrible.Just be another Weeden or maybe worse IMO.I'd take Bridgewater if he was still there at 4, if not receivers Wadkins,Evans or Abbraderis would be good,then look for a linebacker to replace Jackson possibly Borland?.I hope they don't lose Mack,he has said he wants to be the highest paid center in football not sure the Browns are willing to foot the bill,and Ward is another worry,he was gone for sure under the old leadership but might have a change of heart with Farmer there.With all the draft picks this will be the most important draft season yet for the Brownies if they ever want to climb out from under the rock.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Report today was Oakland prefers Carr over Manziel. Johnny Football may fall to Vikings at 8. BTW, I'm in Houston today. Saw a billboard saying Keep Johnny Football in Texas. #draft manziel. God I hope so! :lol:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Know way they should take a QB with the 4 pick, there will be a good 1 down the road.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I hope the Browns are laying down smoke. Several pundits still have them drafting Manziel. As Nancy Reagan said, "Just say no!" I'm not sure what players will be available when we pick but I'm feeling certain they will either trade down or take the best player available. They need someone who will start and make an impact right away. I'd love to see Mack rushing the edge opposite Mingo.

Return to “Pro Sports”