Cleveland Browns 2014

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Cleveland Browns 2014

Post by dazed&confused »

Enough of the draft, new coaches, Johnny partyboy, and the offseason. Time to get down to business. What do we make of the Browns and their chances?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Cleveland Browns 2014

Post by C-Bolt »

Hoyer supposedly looking really good in camp! Getting the ball out quick and on target,they say he miles ahead of Johnny Football,don't know if that is good or bad :aaaaa46 Gordon's meeting keeps getting pushed back,don't know what the purpose of them dragging it out is,but if he gets a whole year and Rice only gets 2 games for knocking out a woman and dragging her like a caveman, what a joke the nfl has become.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Latest news is Manziel is closing the gap on Hoyer. I'm not buying it but Dick LeBeau is. 8)

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I heard that too dazed! Yep ole Lebeau is probably playing a little game hoping and praying he sees Johnny Football on opening day :idea:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Watched the first preseason game last night. I'll leave the QB question to others. I think neither QB did anything to secure an advantage. I liked Terrance West running. I think he's a keeper. Our first first round pick barely showed up. I liked Kiersky at linebacker but Robertson also played well because he has legitimate competition. We need to work on containing the run with our ends being caught diving inside , then being sealed off from the ends. Overall, it was a workmanlike performance. The next game might be more telling. I learned very little from this game.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I thought Manziel looked pretty good dazed! Hoyer wasn't bad, but I thought Manziel looked better albeit with backups, better then I was expecting and would have been better if not for all the dropped passes.They say he will probably start next week to see what he can do with the first teamers,that will be interesting! Defense played pretty good although they had some bad angles and missed tackles and some penalties. Need to clean that up.Why the Lions have Kellen Moore playing 3rd string QB is beyond me,he is way better than their second stringer.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Brown fans Manziel is not your answer to a winning season, he will be run out of town by season end.jmo

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Different year, different coaches,but still look like the same ole Browns. Offense was pathetic, both QB'S unimpressive,and just like last year the defense was playing pretty good then give up a td to end the half.Only bright spot I see on offense is the running game,looks like an upgrade over last year, but wow the qb's and receivers are depressing.I don't know how Pettine can name a starter after this game,maybe he should give Connor Shaw a shot with the first team after that debacle tonight, couldn't hurt anything.If Royce Adams isn't the first player cut it would be a miracle.I hate the new pass interference rules, way too many penalties being called slowing down the game and the offense already has too much of an advantage with all the rule changes over the years.Good news is it was only a preseason game and would be forgotten if only someone could figure it out.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

I think browns are screwing up giving same time to both qbs, should have gave one qb more reps to get better, One is hurting the other. And that was a nice finger johnny gave the redskins bench on national tv. And no one is saying how good the def looked, The played good both games.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

ace63 wrote:I think browns are screwing up giving same time to both qbs, should have gave one qb more reps to get better, One is hurting the other. And that was a nice finger johnny gave the redskins bench on national tv. And no one is saying how good the def looked, The played good both games.
Couldn't agree more. pick one (Hoyer) and let him play at least until the bye. Defense IS good. And we now have Johnny Finger!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Hope Johnny plays against the Steelers.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

dazed&confused wrote:
ace63 wrote:I think browns are screwing up giving same time to both qbs, should have gave one qb more reps to get better, One is hurting the other. And that was a nice finger johnny gave the redskins bench on national tv. And no one is saying how good the def looked, The played good both games.
Couldn't agree more. pick one (Hoyer) and let him play at least until the bye. Defense IS good. And we now have Johnny Finger!
I agree too.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Manziel fined $12,000 for flipping off Redskins sideline. Too bad, would've paid for a few more bottles of Dom Pérignon in Vegas. :roll: :oops:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Makes that money phone look a little smaller too, lol

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

The surprises never end for Browns fans,just when everybody is bragging up the defense they go out and look as bad as the starting offense.No Haden, but still that was pathetic .Return game looked good. and even ole Johnny finger football give them a spark with the backups.I like his scrambling and buying time, something Cleveland rarely has with QBS.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I was away visiting last night so I recorded the game. Guess I can delete it and open up some space on the old DVR. Is the clock ticking on the Pettine era already? :122246 Same old Browns....brown as in rotten bananas.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well after four long months the nfl finally decided to drop the hammer down on Gordon,now Gordon will miss all of training camp next year, if they even allow him back,the nfl is so fair and balanced :roll:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

C-Bolt wrote:Well after four long months the nfl finally decided to drop the hammer down on Gordon,now Gordon will miss all of training camp next year, if they even allow him back,the nfl is so fair and balanced :roll:
Yea but Gordon knew the rules. And he has had trouble with this even going back to HS. We can debate outdated rules regarding pot use. We can debate the fairness of whether he should have been shown some leniency in light of Ray Rice. Bottom line is he ran afoul of league policy; the discipline guidelines are very clear and the Browns knew they were dealing with a volatile situation when they passed on so many WRs in the draft. It is what it is and I think it's time to say Gordon is out of strikes. Let him come back but one more occurrence of any kind and he's history. We can't be a legit team with this constantly hanging over our head. Time to grow up Josh!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I know I just didn't like the way the nfl kept dragging it out waiting until the last minute because that not only penalizes them this year it does next year as well, unless they allow him to reapply earlier after the season so he can take part in off season and training camp workouts,but it might all be a moot point with all the time he will have on his hands now,it will be miracle if he don't get in more trouble between now and then

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

The biggest shame is what a waste of talent.

Return to “Pro Sports”