Reds 2013

BBallin fool
SEOP

Reds 2013

Post by BBallin fool »

Reds talk ;-) Winter Meetings under way!!! What moves if any will be made??? GO REDS.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Re: Reds 2013

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

The only thing the REDS have done is sign Dusty Baker for 2 more years---- YUK!!! Can he play left??? We need bullpen if Chapman starts and we need a starter if he doesnt!!! Come on reds give us someting to root for!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Ludwick back !!! GO REDS!!! ;-)

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

The reds desperately need a centerfielder/lead-off that will not lead the NL in strikeouts, or be anywhere near the top for that matter. Am I the only one tired of hearing about the "upside" of Drew Stubbs? The only reason the Shane Victorino for Logan Ondrusek didn't go through was because Shane would have been a free agent. I would like to see an Ichiro type in the Reds outfield. I wonder if they are thinking about bringing Josh Hamilton back? I like that they signed Broxton back too, trying to solidify the back end of the pen. I think the reds will be fine in 2013, the Cueto injury was HUGE and probably cost the Reds the World Series apperance representing the NL.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Ludwick was a must. Teams who have won the Series recently all got hot at the right time. The Reds need a clutch manager.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Next! a lead off hitter is a must!!!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

bring up the minor leage steal king...i am sure he can bat leadoff beter than stubbs

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

From what i seen last year, For practice i would just stick them all in batting cage for spring season.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Big trade! Wow!

That three-team mega-trade between the Indians, Reds and Diamondbacks has been made official.

Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports has the breakdown:

Reds get:

OF Shin-Soo Choo
INF Jason Donald

Indians get:

SP Trevor Bauer
OF Drew Stubbs
RP Bryan Shaw
RP Matt Albers

Diamondbacks get:

SS Didi Gregorius
RP Tony Sipp
OF Lars Anderson

Declaring winners and losers moments after a trade has been completed is futile, but it sure seems like the Diamondbacks got hosed here. Gregorius is a strong defensive shortstop, but the 22-year-old has registered a paltry .323 on-base percentage in five minor league seasons and seems doubtful to develop much power. Sipp is only a mediocre left-handed reliever and Anderson’s star has faded over the past couple of years.

That’s not a very impressive return for a guy like Bauer, who was drafted third overall in 2011 and had gaudy numbers (2.42 ERA, 157/61 K/BB over 130 1/3 innings) in 2012 between the Double-A and Triple-A levels.

On the other side of things, Bauer is exactly what the doctor ordered for the Indians, who have been dying for quality young starting pitching. And Stubbs is a guy that makes sense for the Tribe because he carries such excellent raw tools. The 28-year-old center fielder is worth the risk for a rebuilding franchise.

It’s also quite easy to love this deal for Cincinnati. In Choo, the Reds get a perfect leadoff man to place in front of Brandon Phillips, Joey Votto, Ryan Ludwick, Jay Bruce and Todd Frazier. Their outfield defense may be iffy, but that’s a dynamic starting lineup that should tear through most National League pitching.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

BBallin fool wrote:Next! a lead off hitter is a must!!!
Shin-Soo Choo!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

The lead off man is in place!!! GO REDS!!! Looks good on paper the next question is Chapman ? jmo he will stay in the bullpen.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GO REDS!!! Don't blow it Baker!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BBallin fool wrote:The lead off man is in place!!! GO REDS!!! Looks good on paper the next question is Chapman ? jmo he will stay in the bullpen.

Chapman will be astarter next season. That is why they resigned Broxton.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

The only problem with Chapman starting is that they will run into the innings problem that Washington faced with Strasburg. I'm glad they signed Broxton, but i'm not sure how he can do as a closer at GABP. It will be interesting to see what they do with Leake especially if he bounces back from the down year he had.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

JMO He will run in trouble as a starter 7 plus on the mound , Last season he had to take a break tired shoulder !!! Hope so as a starter "BUT" Your guess is as good as mine. GO REDS!!!

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

The Reds are supposed to be taking the same approach with Chapman as the Braves did with Kris Medlan coming off surgery. Otherwise, start him in the bullpen and gradually build up his innings throughout the year. He should be starting by June 1. The interesting questions heading into the season are:

- What to do with Mike Leake if Chapman starts?
- Besides Marshall, there are no lefties in the pen. Will they sign one or trade for one?
- Can Choo or even Bruce play CF defensively?
- Does Mesoraco get a chance at the starting catcher job?
- Is Joey Votto's knee healed?

All questions aside, I feel as good as ever about the Reds going into spring. Not too long ago we were debating on who will start Opening Day from the Joey Hamilton, Jimmy Haynes, Elmer Dessens, Steve Parris and Jason Bere's of the world.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I like Chapman as a closer. If he is going to be a starter he will need more than just two pitches or people will start to time the fast ball and tee off on it. I am also curious who will play centerfield, I don't think Bruce is a center fielder, he has a great arm but sometimes struggles to judge fly balls. Maybe they put Heisey in there or bring up Hamilton. The Reds have a lot of good young players. Do they start Frazier at 3rd this year and use Rolen as a bench player?Or do they even bring Rolen back? I hope they do just to teach some of the younger players plus he would be great to put in as a spot player where he wouldn't wear down.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Bruce can't play center field to slow.

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Chapman supposedly has a decent change up. Realistically he only needs to throw it maybe 5 times a game to keep guys off balance.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

We will fine out soon Pitchers & Catchers report Feb 12.

Return to “Pro Sports”