Looks like palmer may be a seahawk

ace63
SE

Looks like palmer may be a seahawk

Post by ace63 »

I have a friend that I do not wish to disclose that works for the Bengals organization in the front office. he moved there 6 or 7 years ago I'm not sure. I don't normally get insider info from him because normally they don't concern us at all. But this time it's different.

According to my friend the Bengals and Seahawks have already agreed on a deal that includes this years 2nd rounder and next years first rounder from us for Carlson Palmer. He mentioned that in the contract there is provision for a contract extention of 3 years at the end of the 2011 season. The deal will be around $27 mil for the 4 years or something like that.
He says that deal will be official right after the new CBA is signed. I guess I wont get to see Locker play in a Seahawks uniform after all. Too bad.

From seahawks web page

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Looks like palmer may be a seahawk

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Poor Seattle but I am glad because I do not like the west coast gangster and can not root for Cincy while he is there.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

ace63 wrote:I have a friend that I do not wish to disclose that works for the Bengals organization in the front office. he moved there 6 or 7 years ago I'm not sure. I don't normally get insider info from him because normally they don't concern us at all. But this time it's different.

According to my friend the Bengals and Seahawks have already agreed on a deal that includes this years 2nd rounder and next years first rounder from us for Carlson Palmer. He mentioned that in the contract there is provision for a contract extention of 3 years at the end of the 2011 season. The deal will be around $27 mil for the 4 years or something like that.
He says that deal will be official right after the new CBA is signed. I guess I wont get to see Locker play in a Seahawks uniform after all. Too bad.

From seahawks web page
IMO...DUMB move on the Bengals part. They have no one capable of being an everyday QB on their roster. Also they should ask for this years #1, because despite how Bengal nation feels about him he still is one of the top 10-5 QB's in the game as it is now. I personally do not blame him for wanting out as he has had to deal with the circus(i.e. Chad Ocho cinco, and T.(prima donna) O. that is the Cincinnati Bengals almost since he was drafted. Yes I know that he has stated he wants out, and I like none of you have a real time answer for who would be the QB next season(if there is one at all), but I am sick and tired of these daggone athletes holding teams hostage like this. If you cannot get someone like Kolb from Phila. who might possibly be able to start now, then sit Carson's whiny behind on the daggone bench until his contracts over. I know this is not realistic either but as a fan I am tired of the egotistical ..insert expletive. athletes, owners, management and union personel that make up professional sports.
Oh yeah and before one of you rebuts this rant of mine remember I have been a Bengals fan from day #1(1968), and thats longer than most of you have been alive. So choose your words carefully, and think back to what kind of product that has been put on the field for the last 20 or so years. I,we as fans didn't put this crap on the field, the incompetent owners, coaches,and players of this organization did!
Yes I will root for them next year,and every year till I die,.....but we deserve a better product!
:roll: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil: :mad:
"WHO DEY"

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

I called it on the other thread about Kolb.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

while i'm glad to be getting rid of palmer, i think it's way to much to pay for it.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

^^ Mentally it may take a change of scenery. I agree, I think physically he is very close to the same guy but something is missing slightly. Of course the Bengals dealt their best receiver off shortly after his injury which would hurt anyones numbers and have changed offensive gameplans seemingly every season not to mention playing 4 games per year against excellent defenses with conference title hopes at stake.

I think he is underutilized in Cinci and is a waste of potential but, much like the Browns, they don't have every piece of the puzzle entact to accompany him either.

Poor ownership is a term that best describes the Bengals and even though I am not a fan, it would still be great to see them have some consistancy and turn the ship around.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

oldtrojan wrote:
ace63 wrote:I have a friend that I do not wish to disclose that works for the Bengals organization in the front office. he moved there 6 or 7 years ago I'm not sure. I don't normally get insider info from him because normally they don't concern us at all. But this time it's different.

From seahawks web page
IMO...DUMB move on the Bengals part. They have no one capable of being an everyday QB on their roster. Also they should ask for this years #1, because despite how Bengal nation feels about him he still is one of the top 10-5 QB's in the game as it is now. I personally do not blame him for wanting out as he has had to deal with the circus(i.e. Chad Ocho cinco, and T.(prima donna) O. that is the Cincinnati Bengals almost since he was drafted. Yes I know that he has stated he wants out, and I like none of you have a real time answer for who would be the QB next season(if there is one at all), but I am sick and tired of these daggone athletes holding teams hostage like this. If you cannot get someone like Kolb from Phila. who might possibly be able to start now, then sit Carson's whiny behind on the daggone bench until his contracts over. I know this is not realistic either but as a fan I am tired of the egotistical ..insert expletive. athletes, owners, management and union personel that make up professional sports.
Oh yeah and before one of you rebuts this rant of mine remember I have been a Bengals fan from day #1(1968), and thats longer than most of you have been alive. So choose your words carefully, and think back to what kind of product that has been put on the field for the last 20 or so years. I,we as fans didn't put this crap on the field, the incompetent owners, coaches,and players of this organization did!
Yes I will root for them next year,and every year till I die,.....but we deserve a better product!
:roll: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil: :mad:
"WHO DEY"
Your right, and i might be as old as you, maybe :-D

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

gahs4ever wrote:I was around when the Browns left the AAFC for the NFL in 1950 (no memory of being 4 though).

I was completing my second year in the service when the Bengals (punkinheads they were called) came along.

I went to school with the best QB the Bengals ever had (Greg Cook) so I feel confident in accurately repeating what I said back when Paul Brown died:

"THE BRAIN OF THE OUTFIT IS DEAD AND NO ONE LEFT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING."

That isnt ragging on the Bengals...just a true statement of fact.

Cleveland got rid of our idiot. Cincinnati still has theirs, and I would have respected Marvin Lewis more if he had followed through on his threat to follow Palmer out the door.
You and I both gahs4ever, you and I both. Oh yeah and as I know that I am not as old,or probably as wise as gahs4ever( but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night) :lol: , I am pretty sure I might be older than ace63. I was in my 3rd year of peewee football during the Bengals 1st season.
Sure hope the Bengals right this ship before I die. It was fun watching them in the Super Bowl, even though they lost both times.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

After that, we believe the Bengals will pull a stunner and grab Newton at No. 4 and trade away Carson Palmer.

1. Panthers: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama*

2. Broncos: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn*

3. Bills: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri*

4. Bengals: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/

Sporting news thinks bengals will grab newton. I hope not .

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

If that is the case that would mean that Hasselbeck is available. That would be an option for the Bengals if they want to groom a younger QB to play in the future.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WISHFUL THINKIN, WE'LL BLOW IT SOMEHOW AND TAKE SOMEONE YOU NEVER HEARD OF FROM FURMAN OR SOMEPLACE, TRUST ME ON THIS.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

gahs4ever wrote:"THE BRAIN OF THE OUTFIT IS DEAD AND NO ONE LEFT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING."
That has to be th truest statement on this thread and, like 4ever, I am not ragging on the Bengals. I am not a Bengal fan in anyway but it is aggrevating to me to see them squander opportunities like they have in the past.

I really don't think Newton should be the 4th pick and certainly don't think he will be the best option for the Bengals to right the ship but they have made a lot worse decisions in the past.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

OR START JORDAN :shock:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that very well could happen 4ever.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Rebels on 3 wrote:I called it on the other thread about Kolb.
I agree with you, if this happens it will be a three team deal with the Eagles getting draft picks, Bengals getting Kolb and the Hawks getting screwed,,,,,,,,,,I mean Palmer.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Hope there is know lock out !!! can't til draft day.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Latest report is Palmer is still saying trade or retirement. According to reports, he says he has money in the bank and would play for the love of the game, just not in Cincinnati. If MB has any onions, he'll force him to live off his savings!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Carson Palmer's the most overpaid player in the NFL. I would gladly take a 2nd or 3rd rounder for his overrated ass at this point. OMG...the Bengals will stink without Carson!!!!!! Newsflash...they were 4-12 with his sorryass. See ya Carrrrrrrson.*

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm tired of these lily livered millionairres holding their teams hijack , to get what they want. i hope the bengals keep him, and bench him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

let him retire with his 80 million in the bank he spoke of.

Return to “Pro Sports”