Huntington/Charleston TV misses out....again!

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Re: Huntington/Charleston TV misses out....again!

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Huntington/Charleston CBS stations have did this for years. You better believe if the Bengals or Steelers are playing it will be on tv. The Browns are nowhere to be found each and every Sunday. It's sad that the Pittsburgh Steelers get more air time in southeastern Ohio than the in state Cleveland Browns. You have to have direct-tv's NFL Sunday Ticket just to see the Browns play anymore. This is exclusive to direct-tv as it is not available on dish or cable. So basically you have to pay more, and have direct-tv just to see the Browns. You would think that if you were an Ohio resident it wouldn't be such a problem to see a Browns game.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Huntington/Charleston carries the Steelers, and which ever Ohio team is doing better.

I remember growing up when the Browns could win for a change, and not being able to watch the Bengals very often.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Daniel Larusso wrote:Huntington/Charleston CBS stations have did this for years. You better believe if the Bengals or Steelers are playing it will be on tv. The Browns are nowhere to be found each and every Sunday. It's sad that the Pittsburgh Steelers get more air time in southeastern Ohio than the in state Cleveland Browns. You have to have direct-tv's NFL Sunday Ticket just to see the Browns play anymore. This is exclusive to direct-tv as it is not available on dish or cable. So basically you have to pay more, and have direct-tv just to see the Browns. You would think that if you were an Ohio resident it wouldn't be such a problem to see a Browns game.
Do yinz just root for a team because it's in Ohio? Here in Southeastern Ohio Pittsburgh is a close as Cleveland is...And as dublin said the team that's doing the best gets on most of the time...And God knows the browns have sucked for a long time,so that could be part of it....

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

One time i called the station, years ago when they did reg season games. I was upset they didnt put the bengals on. They had it in the tv guide. They said the browns were doing better at the time so they changed it. It works both ways some time.
Then i told them that our coorporte sponcers will be calling them and pull all our ads from them . he hung up on me.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thankfully that was not a problem here in waverly. the browns won a thriller, on top of that 58 yarder. they said dawson had an injury and not to kickoff too deep, then kicked about 96 yards worth of field goals to win it. and the bengals after falling behind 14-0. really got thing rolling to tame the broncos, good weekend of football, preseason er not.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

about time to invest in direct tv

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

But where i live you can see them both alot . If west va. is showing bengals, col will show browns . Only way they dont show a team if half way through season and a team only has 2 or 3 wins , they get cut.( and my company does a lot of advertising with west va. and columbus. They are based in cinci .) You can see there name all over the reds and bengals statiums.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Where i from , with time warner cable, On cbs showing bengals on one channel and steelers on other.
No browns .

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

No browns here today Im done with Time warner

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

when my browns are not on,Im forced to try an enjoy a bengals game.....and I enjoyed the hell out of it today :lol: :lol:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

LMAO

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

The Charleston/Huntington market is'nt missing out on anything.From where that market is Pittsburgh is just as close as Cleveland is.And most times they go on better record.So,since the Browns have been back they have stunk the joint up and the Steelers have added two more super bowls to their mantle.Who are you going to put on? Exacty.. Now,if anyone could make an argument as far as demographics go it's Cincinnati, but WOWK has always leaned toward the Steelers in most cases..

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

as much as I hate to say it, I would rather watch the losers then a team, that condons a child rapist

Mark May
Freshman Team

Post by Mark May »

I dont think the Browns or Bengals have been good boys all the time have they? Seems they both have some police blotter and arrests to boot...So they are losers and jail birds to boot...lol

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Mark May wrote:I dont think the Browns or Bengals have been good boys all the time have they? Seems they both have some police blotter and arrests to boot...So they are losers and jail birds to boot...lol
I dont think they have raped 2 women in one year. Doing harm to yourself is one thing, doing it to others way wrong.
Have to be some kinda sick person.

Mark May
Freshman Team

Post by Mark May »

He was not charged for rape...Nor was arrested for that charge..As for harm to yourself, how do you figure that? Didn't Benson punch out a bar owner? And was arrested for it...That's harm to someone else.The Browns player having a weapon on him in an airport.That's not terrorism or causing fear for others? It is in my book....

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Mark May wrote:He was not charged for rape...Nor was arrested for that charge..As for harm to yourself, how do you figure that? Didn't Benson punch out a bar owner? And was arrested for it...That's harm to someone else.The Browns player having a weapon on him in an airport.That's not terrorism or causing fear for others? It is in my book....
Benson was found to be self defense. The civil suit from the first girl is still on. Both body guards have to go to court.
It was amazing the dvd got copied over ????? Sounds like an oj trial. The girl was calling for her friends and the body guards held them back . Once maybe , twice shame on you. I do say that he was suspended for 4 games. Is that from doing nothing. Benson did not get suspened. I think rape is one of the worst things a person can do. Question ??
What would you think if that was your girl . Call your girl a liar and shake bens hand .

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

sportsfan43 wrote:as much as I hate to say it, I would rather watch the losers then a team, that condons a child rapist

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

Self defense?? Benson is what 6'1 or so and what 225/230ish? The bar owner was probably 5'6 and a buck forty or so? LOL

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

It doesnt matter what size you are when your sitting there having a good time with friends and someone comes up and hits you with out any knowledge there going to do it. (sucker punch).

Return to “Pro Sports”