Browns wins in 2010

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Browns wins in 2010

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm setting the bar at 6 wins. What is your over-under on this total?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Browns wins in 2010

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Under, but the line of 6 is a solid pick.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Looking at the schedule, I see 6 games the Browns can win based off of last year. With that said, I have to agree with Gahs....This years team is nothing like last years. Ill have a more solid prediction after the preseason.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

My magic lamp says they will win 10 games and RULE the nfl for the next ten years. Wait a second let me plug it in.
OK its a little off.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

:-D

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Under, but the line of 6 is a solid pick.

Agreed

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

gahs4ever wrote: 7 to 9 wins might be required to keep the fan base from committing suicide.....
Dear Lord,
Please let the Browns win less than 7 games this year.
Amen

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

10 wins or more.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I still say 6 and (Oh Lord) I don't see a win in conference. If there is a lockout, Mangini is gone. Holmgren is itching for a chance to take the headphones.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

gahs4ever wrote:How about them Brownies and especially Phil Dawson!
It's early 4ever. Let's not get too carried away yet.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Pre season or not...the man kicked a 58 yard field goal! Thats at least worth a mention! Thanks Espn...

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I'll be happy when they ever get over the .500 mark for a full season and then pray from there :-D

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The amount of wins depends on the QB play. They have some talent but are in a tough conference. Injuries have not helped the Browns the last few years. Hard to see them winning 6 games but with some breaks and good QB play could.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

farmer wrote:The amount of wins depends on the QB play. They have some talent but are in a tough conference. Injuries have not helped the Browns the last few years. Hard to see them winning 6 games but with some breaks and good QB play could.
This is a key point but not just for the Browns. What if Big Ben never gets in rhythm? What if Carson Palmer blows his knee out again? What happens to the Ravens great season if Flacco breaks his leg? Injuries can influence any team's season and I don't know too many teams who can replace their starter without missing a beat.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

That is true but after the QB mess last year they bring in a veteran who many thought he may not be able to be a starter again. Then they paid him big bucks. They did draft a QB who needs time and brought in a career back up. The other teams in the division also have better teams that make it easier to deal with the loss of a QB.
Injuries for the Browns can effect the team play because not having the depth at some positions as other teams do.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

WELL, What good is a qb if you dont have a line to protect him. The rams put all there money in there qb. He will get killed and go a way. And would probley have been a great qb with a line. I saw this with the browns . I though tim couch was a good qb. But you dont put in a qb with no line . tim got the H*** beat out of him and still cant pass a nfl physical today.
You build you line and then get a qb . Whats the point. If a qb does no have the parts to go with him, he will fail.
Just thinking.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

The Browns are closer, but they are still not there yet.

They will win 1 game at most in the divison.
Lose to New England, Miami, and New York from the AFC East.
Lose to Atlanta, New Orleans and Carolina from the NFC South.

That's 5-11, which is right where they should be give or take a game.
They will be better, and in games alot more this season.
They will show a bunch of improvement, and if they keep it up,
then next season we're looking at an 8-9 win team possibly.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:Name the Browns 0-line by position and then we'll talk. Outside of RT, this is the best line the Browns have had since the early-mid 90s. And LT Joe Thomas is All-Pro. Any offense begins with the guy who pulls the trigger, and out trigger pullers since 1999 have been shooting blanks.

For the first time since the Mack/Byner days I am excited about our stable of running backs beginning with Harrison to James Davis whom issed his entire rookie season, to Montario Hardesty; this year's pick. We have two excellent FBs and I look for the Browns to run the ball more this year and guess what? I havent even mentioned MR. Cribbs.

Whatever weaknesses we might have are on the defensive side of the ball; especially the secondary, but I believe in our D-Coordinator, Rob Ryan to get the job done. The turnover of the roster the past six months is night and day and I believe a workable foundation is in place to build on.

I'm not predicting a winning record (YET) or the playoffs, but I believe we are closer to being that kind of competitive than we were at this time last year and you have to start somewhere.
All you had to do is watch the games and saw couch got the H*** beat out of him . Where is he now ?? Naming names will not change that. He took mores hits than a deer on opening season. The POINT WAS , Why get a good qb in the draft , if you dont have a team that will help him . Never start with qb.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Saying that this is the best line the Browns have had since the early to mid 90's,
is like comparing fat chicks and picking the least ugly one.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Guess i should have used another team to get you the POINT. ITs about qb and is the team ready to handle a top qb. I will use high school teams next time so you wont get mixed when making a point.

Return to “Pro Sports”