LBJ in south beach

Post by Spenceman »

going the to the heat

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: LBJ in south beach

Post by dazed&confused »

I do feel bad for Cleveland but the only team I care about there are the Browns. Cleveland is a football town. If the Cavs left like the Browns did when Modell took them to Baltimore, would there have been the uproar that would have forced the NBA to put another team there? This pales in comparison to losing the Browns. The worst thing about it all is Lebron had to go on national TV and make a big deal about it. Hey, good luck coming back to visit and play twice a year. That ought to be enjoyable. Go Browns! Go Celtics!

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Post by Spenceman »

i agree im a browns fan more then a cavs fan...cleveland is a football town

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

I am so glad I hate the NBA.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

LeBron James = Scottie Pippen

He needs to remember he is with D Wade's Heat.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

SO will he now replace Art Modell as the most hated man in cleveland.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

tigercannon71 wrote:SO will he now replace Art Modell as the most hated man in cleveland.

not even close!

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

There is some good news. Gloria is going with him.

Bosh and Wade will be crab dribbling :( by Christmas.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Great athlete and all but this is why no one follows the NBA anymore until the playoffs come around once a year except for the big spenders. This type of stuff is ruining sports for the average Joe (even though the players don't care). Good role models for kids, huh. The NBA is the worst.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I'm not even a Cavs fan (and I hate the Browns and Indians) but this whole thing has me livid. Lebron couldn't just leave quietly and sign with Miami...he has to have a ONE HOUR show on national television to effectively give Cleveland and the state of Ohio the finger on his way out. What a joke. I'd had more respect for him if he went to Chicago or New York, but he admitted he can't do it on his own like MJ or Kobe did. What a punk-biatch Lebron is and he acknowledged it tonight. Oh yes, I'll tune in to watch Miami, but I'll always be cheering against them and am now hoping Kobe and the Lakers can win it again.*

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Cavs had their chance to help James out by getting top players to help get a title and they went out and picked up average talent. They didn't show they really wanted a title. Another failure in Cleveland. I just became a Heat fan again.

Go James

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I hope if I ever decide to change jobs,people dont act like this.

FootballMom81
Waterboy

Post by FootballMom81 »

I don't think you have to worry about people getting upset if you change jobs, they didn't spend money to watch you or buy a jersey with your name on it did they? I guess the only thing I have to say is that the way it was handled, I think he is so full of himself that he thought everyone in Cleveland would praise him and say go ahead and go, we still love you!!! These athletes should not be role models for our kids. Did you hear how he said organ" i " zation? Wow! Good Luck in Miami! If I was Cleveland Fans, when the Heat came to town, noone should show up, just have an empty arena, then let the owners try to scramble. Good Luck James, but just bad taste in how ya handled it.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

He is stuck on himself. This past season has been all about where will Lebron go. He then goes around to other cities who tried to promote themselves to get him to go there. Lebron talks about winning a championship would cement himself as being among the greatest NBA players of all time. He may have the size and skills of the greatest but he has to many off games especially during the biggest games.

LeBron wanted to make it seem like he was helping the Boys and Girls Club by donating the money to them last night. But that was not his money. He makes enough money to have made that donation anytime on his own. He lost more fans and respect for the way he has handled things.

It would be funny if the NBA would find out that the Heat had tampered with acquiring free agents outside of the rules and that the signings would be terminated. Since the Heat got rid of players to make cap room. Just a thought.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I like Charles Barkley's comment on this....

"If I was 25 years old, I would want to win it all by myself...I would want to be the man...now, LeBron will never be the man."

If LeBron wins a title in Miami, it will not bring him the satisfaction or recognition it would have if he had won it in Cleveland.

I can understand an 18 year old kid having a news conference to announce what college he is going to play ball at. But I can't understand a prime time show to announce where a pro athlete is going as a free agent.

Not really a Cavs fan or an NBA follower but I liked LeBron, now I don't.

He can never really be called the King again because he is going to Wade's team and it will be Wade's team as long as he is there.

+1 to Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and his comments, I hope he can deliver.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

You people criticizing LeBron are just a bunch of babies. Why be a free agent if you can't choose where you want to play. Who would choose to stay in Cleveland and lose when you can go to Miami and dominate. Anybody else out there would have made the same decision as LeBron. You can't say that he is disloyal and all this crap, he carried Cleveland on his back for 7 years and everybody out there knows it. Be happy for the guy that he can finally be happy, because he wasn't in Cleveland, nuff said!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

The definition of "king"...a male monarch who rules for life...one that holds a preeminent position..."

LeBron left his kingdom and joined another kingdom. He is now a member of Wade's court. Make no mistake about that, Miami is Wade's town.

LeBron felt that he could not carry the weight (After 7 years in Cleveland) of being a team's #1 player and the heir to Jordan's crown, which Kobe has and James will never have.

Kobe won titles with and without Shaq and proved that he was the man, not Shaq.

LeBron just "witnessed" to the rest of the NBA that he is not in the same stratsphere as Jordan or Kobe and now can never be.

Pat Riley said, "...we are thrilled that LeBron and Chris Bose have decided to come to Miami to join forces with our truely great player, Dwyane Wade..."

Miami is Wade's team.

Wade has one title, LeBron has no titles, only hype and a marketing plan.

Ernie Banks played his entire career with the Cubs and never got a title, but he is comfortable in his own skin.

Plus, LeBron did not have the decency to tell the Cavs in person of his decision. He did it thru the media. He joined the best team AFTER all the other big names decided where they went instead of being a leader and saying come and join me in Cleveland, or New York or New Jersey even.

LeBron knows he can't lead a team to a title, we are now all witness to that.
Last edited by mister b on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Go HEAT!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

classof86 wrote:Go HEAT!

I am sure that the Miami Heat will be getting tons of bandwagon fans like yourself. :oops:

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I just like LeBron

Return to “Pro Sports”