Hulk Hogan to TNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thecoach
Varsity

Hulk Hogan to TNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by thecoach »

thecoach
Varsity

Re: Hulk Hogan to TNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by thecoach »

Eric Bischoff has apparently signed as well

Ric Flair is supposedly in talks with them as well

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Senior Citizens Special in TNA! :lol:

Have you noticed that TNA is slowly assembling the same cast of characters that brought WCW down earlier this decade? Hmmmm....

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Bischoff and Russo together in TNA is very very bad.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Apparently, there is a TNA Monday Night Show in the works. This can only be bad news for TNA! Why don't they do a Tuesday night show instead? 8-10pm on Monday nights. WWE will slaughter them in the 9-10 hour! As far as 8-9, I'll stick with CBS on Monday nights! :lol:

Impact ratings are about on par with ECW ratings each week, and Impact is NOT up against WWE at all on Thursday nights!

We have a WCW 2 in the works here!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I hope they go to Monday nights only because when WWF and WCW were both on Mondays wrestling was great due to competing against each other.

whitey
Riding the Bench

Post by whitey »

WWE does need a creative kick in the butt.

TNA is taking a gamble signing these older high maintenance superstars. The younger, more exciting wrestlers are the only reason I watched it. I don't care about Sting, Jarrett, etc.

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

thats not even cool :122246

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

the rumor for the new TNA show is the 8-10 time slot.... IMO i don't think that's so bad....RAW has been going down little by little for a while now....if fans have another option on Mondays TNA may get some decent ratings out of this...... and of course Vince McMahon will notice this and the WWE product will get better.....

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Great post from wrestlezone.com. I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/article/it-just-keeps-getting-better-90269

It Just Keeps Getting Better
by Mark Madden
Nov 12, 2009

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER

Dixie Carter’s speech on TNA Impact was utterly pathetic. I know what she said. Here’s what she actually meant:

“I’m an idiot. A loser. A mark. But I’m the boss. Stop talking about me behind my back. I don’t know what I’m doing, but I sign the checks. If you want that to continue, you’ll play along. Do I have a plan? ****, no. If I had a plan, I’d tell you in private instead of spewing this nonsense in public. Damore, do you need to vomit?”

The one person Carter really needed to convince with that BS was herself. I doubt she did.

Carter’s nutty lament indicates that she’s entering the final stages of money-mark meltdown. Her company stinks. She’s a joke. But if she can get on television and BE A STAR, it will all be worth it.

For Hulk Hogan, anyway.

Here’s how I hope this one plays out, and I just hope I don’t kibosh it by letting the cat out of the bag: TNA TV will devolve into an even screwier version of the old AWA Team Challenge, with Team Hogan vs. Team Carter. Dixie will lead the heels, because Hogan will convince her “it’s more fun, and I’ll make sure you get over, brother!”

It would be horrible, but Hulk and the boys know that keeping Dixie on TV and (she thinks) over will help her indefinitely absorb the vitriolic criticism and financial losses endured by TNA. Bob Carter will be happy because daddy’s little girl is happy.

And why wouldn’t Dixie be happy? She’ll get to interact with AMERICAN HERO HULK HOGAN on a regular basis. Who wouldn’t want to do that...well, besides Linda Bollea?

Dixie’s speech was just incredible. Outrageous. I can’t imagine what TNA’s “talent” was thinking while they had to endure that, but I guarantee the word “ninny” was involved.

The latest word is that Hogan won’t join TNA until January. He apparently wants time to survey the situation and decide once and for all if he wants to be involved…uh, I mean, he wants to appraise the product and figure out exactly what needs to be done.

Oh, good Lord. Can you imagine Hogan sitting down with 20 hours worth of Impact tapes and analyzing them? Figuring out what’s working, what isn’t? Who’s over, who isn’t? I called the guy a liar last week. I’d like to thank him for such emphatic confirmation.

Maybe Hogan is giving Bubba The Love Stooge time to decide if he wants to join the creative team. I’ve been told that’s in the cards. Maybe the Nasty Boys are trying to get under 400 pounds each.

Hogan has faced some juicy situations, but this is right up there with any. True, the Carters don’t have near the fortune of TBS, or Time Warner/AOL. But the Carters don’t have the business acumen, either, or the layers of administration. There’s less people to hoodwink.

Hogan probably thinks he could get it all. Who knows? If he signs a contract with Panda Energy, not TNA, maybe he could. That might motivate him to see this through.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

He wrestling?

Return to “Pro Sports”