Ravens at Bengals

ace63
SE

Ravens at Bengals

Post by ace63 »

Lets see if are luck holds holds out bait. Real tough game. This is where we will run into trouble, Experience vs youth.
I hope they can will BUT, It will take a great game plan and the defense will have to play there best game. Forgot to ask santa for a CB that can cover the TE coming out late.

P.SSSSSSS Benson hold on to ball please.

airforcejm
Varsity

Re: Ravens at Bengals

Post by airforcejm »

As much as I love the Bengals, I hate to say it is highly unlikely they win a playoff game this year. That is of course if they even win this game and make it to the playoffs. I would love to see them end the drought though. If they can improve the secondary and RB positions in the off season they will be a force next year. Shipley will be a nice target for Dalton. Hopefully Zimmer doesn't bolt to take a HC job somewhere else.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

airforcejm wrote:As much as I love the Bengals, I hate to say it is highly unlikely they win a playoff game this year. That is of course if they even win this game and make it to the playoffs. I would love to see them end the drought though. If they can improve the secondary and RB positions in the off season they will be a force next year. Shipley will be a nice target for Dalton. Hopefully Zimmer doesn't bolt to take a HC job somewhere else.
Your right, need another year or 2. But did really good with a rookie qb and no training camp.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Baltimore hasn't played that well the last two games---maybe the Bengals can get them this time.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

The last time bengals met baltimore, it was played in baltimore and lost buy 7 pts. Now there playing at cinci and A.j. green didnt play there. So Now A. J is there,and number one pass rusher is back in dunlap. Mike brown wants the fans there for this game too. Buy one ticket , get one free. I like that move. Its looking better. I think they could have won last game if dalton didnt throw thw 2 int's.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ace63 wrote:Lets see if are luck holds holds out bait. Real tough game. This is where we will run into trouble, Experience vs youth.
I hope they can will BUT, It will take a great game plan and the defense will have to play there best game. Forgot to ask santa for a CB that can cover the TE coming out late.

P.SSSSSSS Benson hold on to ball please.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i was so mad at benson for carrying the ball so far away from his body. i was screaming at the tv, ain't done that in a while.our last several defensive stands were appalling.our secondary got blew up, and had the reciever kept his feet, likely that game goes to overtime.they must play much better this week ace.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

You never know what Raven's team will show up this year. Now with Bolden out that takes away a quality receiver. Which should make the Bengals DB's feel better.

The Bengals need to keep the turnovers down and score TD's instead of settling for FG's. Should be an exciting game and with this being playing on Jan 1 you never know which players over did it on New's Eve.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Cinci will get there bell rung this week!

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

bengals has always played the ravens tough. since 05, its a 8-5 series bengals on top. and Cincy is 5-1 at home against the ravens. Given that earlier this year with A.J Green out and there was the one touchdown called an incomplete," a stupid rule in my book" this game could have easily been won by the bengals.

2005 at Baltimore W, 21-9
at Cincinnati W, 42-29
2006 at Baltimore L, 20-26
at Cincinnati W, 13-7
2007 atCincinnati W, 27-20
at Baltimore W, 21-7
2008 at Baltimore L, 10-17
at Cincinnati L, 3-34
2009 at Baltimore W, 17-14
at Cincinnati W, 17-7
2010 at Cincinnati W, 15-10
at Baltimore L, 7-13
2011 at Baltimore L, 24-31

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

This sunday, the bengals game has been flexed. It will start at 4:15. Pretty sure.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm hoping the boys in stripes get it done this weekend.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

Can't even sell the stadium out with playoffs at stake. Pathetic. They were giving tickets away this morning.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

BENGALS: In an effort to sell out Sunday's game against the Ravens, the Bengals have begun a "buy one, get one free" promotion for season-ticket holders. The deal could get extended to the general public by the end of the week. According to The Cincinnati Enquirer, the team moved 2,000 tickets in the first couple of hours Monday. “I think people that haven’t seen us play in person will have a good time,” coach Marvin Lewis said. “It will be a good football game. We are playing a very good football team.” Hensley's slant: Say what you want about the organization, but the Bengals are showing initiative in trying to sell out this game and avoid another blackout. This is a bigger gesture than many think. The Bengals still have to pick up 34 percent of the visiting team's share on the free tickets, which means paying out $22 for each $65 ticket (the cheapest one available) that's given away.

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

Willl the ravens rest some players? i mean they are in aint they?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

They are in, but they don't want to go back to Pitts for a playoff game,so don't expect them to lay off a win here is for the division title

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Bengals' tickets are selling better than expected as the team looks to sell out its game with the Ravens before Thursday's 4:15 p.m. blackout deadline, according to the team's website.

In response to the Bengals' "buy one, get one free" offer to season-ticket holders, there were as many as 40 people on hold on the phone lines during dinnertime Tuesday, which has prompted the team to bring in former staff members and reassign current ones to handle the ticket demand. Jeff Berding, the club's director of sales, told the website that the team has been "extraordinarily busy" from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday and through 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.

“We’re doing whatever we can to get tickets in people’s hands as quickly as we can,” Berding said.

The idea for this promotion came from Bengals president Mike Brown and executive vice president Katie Blackburn, according to the Berding.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Team News Schedule Stadium

Bengals thank fans

Updated: 1:10 p.m.

Sunday’s sellout went over big in the Bengals locker room before Wednesday’s practice. Not only is the game against the Ravens (4:15 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Local 12) at Paul Brown Stadium a win-and-in for the playoffs, but it is the second home game the club’s New Era plays in front of a full house and local TV after they offered season ticket holders a buy-one-get-one-free deal.

Left tackle Andrew Whitworth says management knows it has something to sell in a young team one win away from going to the playoffs with a rookie quarterback and a core from the last three drafts.

“They just jumped on the back of that saying, ‘We do have a good team and we want people to see them,’’’ Whitworth said. ‘’’We need to do something to raise the awareness. It’s a great decision.”

Defensive tackle Domata Peko, who says a full PBS is as loud as any NFL stadium, is also thinking about those that won’t be there but will be watching.

“The only games people have been able to watch us are away games,” Peko said. “I’m really happy that people at home get to watch it on TV. They get to see us in action. It’s really cool that it’s sold out and I’m excited for the city.

“A big thank you to the fans that bought all the tickets to sell us out,” he said. “Now it’s on our shoulders to get this win.”

The Baltimore game is a marquee NFL contest this weekend, moved to 4:15 p.m. to reach a wider television audience. The Bengals can not only clinch a playoff spot with a victory, but Baltimore is out to claim a division championship and first-round playoff bye.

“Our fans have made a tremendous response this week to our sales efforts, and we thank the entire community for its support of the Bengals,” said Katie Blackburn, the team’s executive vice-president, in a press release. “We’re pleased that the game will be on television for everyone, and we look forward to the fans at Paul Brown Stadium giving us a great home field advantage for a very important game against Baltimore.”

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:THAT SOUNDS AWESOME.
It worked great !!! Never have i seem a team giving back. The stage is set. Like peko said its our turn now.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

You are all sheep :roll: :roll: Good luck with Mikey as your shepard. How's it been workin' out for ya so far?

Return to “Pro Sports”