Pete Rose...YOUR THOUGHTS?

Who would you rather have in the Hall of Fame?

Total votes: 0

gh123
JV Team

Pete Rose...YOUR THOUGHTS?

Post by gh123 »

Baseball season is a few weeks away and I wanted to get a baseball topic up that I thought should get some major feedback. So who better than the great Pete Rose and Barry Bonds??

Lets hear it. IMO this is pretty one sided, Rose all the way...but opinions are like buttholes--everyone has one. So lets hear it.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

gh123, you already know who im going to Choose!

COMon'

Pete Rose deserves it. These two players both hold a major career record in baseball. Rose, hits, Bonds Barry, HR's.

In my opinion, since the Hit record has a LESS likely chance to be broke, because we have Arod coming for Bonds Barry, then it is more vauluable, plus Pete Rose did it on pure guts and unnatural talent without the help of EPO, BALCO, or any other ENHANCEMENT.

Gambling does not effect the play of game, and he did not Bet AGAINST the Reds, ever.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

4sporterEHS wrote:gh123, you already know who im going to Choose!

COMon'

Pete Rose deserves it. These two players both hold a major career record in baseball. Rose, hits, Bonds Barry, HR's.

In my opinion, since the Hit record has a LESS likely chance to be broke, because we have Arod coming for Bonds Barry, then it is more vauluable, plus Pete Rose did it on pure guts and unnatural talent without the help of EPO, BALCO, or any other ENHANCEMENT.

Gambling does not effect the play of game, and he did not Bet AGAINST the Reds, ever.

I agree with you 110 % Pete is long over do . He deserves to be there and he earned it . Love your post !!!!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Charlie Hustle :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Charlie Hustle :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Your bringing a tear to my eye !!!!!!!! A lot of people dont remember that .
SWEET !!!

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

right on...we have some hardcore baseball fans already posting responses. and just like i figured, pete rose is the favorite...maybe i shouldve just put, 'pete rose in--or bud selig out'...oh wait, thats an easy one too. i just was kind've hoping someone would vote bonds so we could get a little battle royale going on

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Charlie Hustle, nice book. I don't know if anyone has read it or ot but I have a copy that Pete Rose signed to my dad.

If I had a vote I would "write in" Pete Rose, because man, did you see who got voted in this year! Pete Rose is the best left. Then Barry Larkin is next best. No one for the Reds uses Performance Enhancers, MARGE would not allow that now would she? :lol:

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

As we all know betting on anything has nothing to do with hitting a baseball. I consider myself one of the biggest Rose fans of all time. I wore the # 14 in honor of Pete from the time I played little league until I retired from playing baseball and softball 10 years ago at the age of 42.
Pete deserves the Hall as well as anyone else, however in my humble opinion I do not think he should be allowed back in the game of baseball in any capacity other than election to the HOF. I say this with the belief that if the commissioner were to ever reinstate Pete, he would do his best to prove he was worthy of reinstatement. Yet something needs to be done in order to hold Pete accountable for his actions. I say this with the belief that Pete would still be one of the greatest ambassedors(spelling) to the game ever.
I also would have no problem with the fact of stating on Pete's HOF plaque what he did along with his accomplishments. This would let all who pass through those hallowed halls forever more know the greatness of the hit king along with the stupidity in which he disgraced the game after his accomplishments were achieved.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

oldtrojan wrote:As we all know betting on anything has nothing to do with hitting a baseball. I consider myself one of the biggest Rose fans of all time. I wore the # 14 in honor of Pete from the time I played little league until I retired from playing baseball and softball 10 years ago at the age of 42.
Pete deserves the Hall as well as anyone else, however in my humble opinion I do not think he should be allowed back in the game of baseball in any capacity other than election to the HOF. I say this with the belief that if the commissioner were to ever reinstate Pete, he would do his best to prove he was worthy of reinstatement. Yet something needs to be done in order to hold Pete accountable for his actions. I say this with the belief that Pete would still be one of the greatest ambassedors(spelling) to the game ever.
I also would have no problem with the fact of stating on Pete's HOF plaque what he did along with his accomplishments. This would let all who pass through those hallowed halls forever more know the greatness of the hit king along with the stupidity in which he disgraced the game after his accomplishments were achieved.

I think he has enough accountability. He has been kept away from the game he loves.He has finally admitted to his gambling. Now let Pete back in baseball. The Hall ought to be kissing his but on the way in. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

I dont know if you know this , but every year marietta has a reds base ball camp for kids . The old time players come out and teach the kids .
They have some big names there. I took my kid about 7 or 8 years ago .
At the end of the 3 day camp this van pulled up and PETE ROSE stepped out. He talked for over an hour and was very good with the kids .
He talked about everything even gambling . He was a class act . He should have been in the H.O.F by now .

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

Pete Rose and here's why...

1. Rose never bet against his own team and there's no evidence to say otherwise

2. The HOF is to recognize accomplishments ON the field and shouldnt be effected by mistakes made OFF of it.

3. as already mentioned...betting in no way, shape or form could have possibly helped Rose do what he did.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Brutus8907 wrote:Pete Rose and here's why...

1. Rose never bet against his own team and there's no evidence to say otherwise

2. The HOF is to recognize accomplishments ON the field and shouldnt be effected by mistakes made OFF of it.

3. as already mentioned...betting in no way, shape or form could have possibly helped Rose do what he did.

Right on. Now if we can get pete, davey, and barry in the hall in that order I just might cry.
Glory days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

If you ask my five year old son who he wants to play like.he will tell you, Pete Rose, Barry Larkin, and Ryan Freel.
By the way I got to meet Freel when the Reds Caravan came through Athens. What a great guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

Ryan Freel is a STUD 8)

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Brutus8907 wrote:Ryan Freel is a STUD 8)

He is my kind of player. That dude goes all out. That is the way baseball should be played. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
They are going to schedule another Ryan Freel dirty shirt night in April. :-D

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Freel is a beast.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Hopefully the reds will do better. But there is nothing better than going to the ball park on a nice summer day , drinking a $6.00 beer and eating a cold $5.00 hotdog . PRICELESS

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

HOF-------Pete Rose------------no brainer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John 3:16
gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

who in the world voted for bonds?

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

PETE SHOULD BE IN THE HOF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Pro Sports”