'09 Reds

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: '09 Reds

Post by BBallin fool »

looks like a long season!!!again? wow!!! this b/c is getting old.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BBallin fool wrote:looks like a long season!!!again? wow!!! this b/c is getting old.

Its still early so lets not give up just yet.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The Mets weren't exactly spectacular in this series. . . just a few key plays made the difference.
Anyways, on to tonight's game:

Pirates (2-2) @ Reds (1-2) - 7:10

Karstens (PIT) v. Cueto (CIN)

It looks like an interesting match-up as far as pitching goes.

GO REDS!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

boogerred wrote:Hairston already hurt! :lol: I believe I called that one!

Why would you laugh about someone being hurt? Ecspecially if you are a Reds fan. That is very immature.We all know you are not a Hairston fan,and thats fine but laughing at the guy for being hurt is ridicilious and something 13 year olds do.Sounds like you were hoping for it.A true Reds fan would not act like that.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Reds lose 10-2 !!! :roll:

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

BBallin fool wrote:Reds lose 10-2 !!! :roll:
The Pirates opened up a can today!What about that Doumit slam? Good stuff! As an outside observer...The Reds have NOT improved themselves this year.As you said it looks like another long year for the Reds..

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

beaverlover wrote:
boogerred wrote:Hairston already hurt! :lol: I believe I called that one!

Why would you laugh about someone being hurt? Ecspecially if you are a Reds fan. That is very immature.We all know you are not a Hairston fan,and thats fine but laughing at the guy for being hurt is ridicilious and something 13 year olds do.Sounds like you were hoping for it.A true Reds fan would not act like that.

I dont want anyone hurt. Hairston has a tendency to get hurt and I stated earlier that he was prone to injury. While he was in the leadoff spot last year, the Reds were above .500. It seems like it must not be too bad; he was in the lineup today.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

They still can't get everything working together. Either the pitching is good or they bring out the bats, but never at the same time.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Orange and Brown wrote:They still can't get everything working together. Either the pitching is good or they bring out the bats, but never at the same time.

One bad pitch gave the game to the Reds today.That triple play started by Wilson was awesome!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

How about the earliest full-game shutout by a Red since Pete Harnish in '99? Longest road stretch of the season coming up for the Reds.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Harang needed to have a good outing. If his confidence is up, he should be back to his old ways of pitching and should not repeat his last season stats. That is, if the offense can score some runs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

That was some great pitching.
I guess you could say he Harangem up 9 times!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Big road trip for the Reds!!! GO REDS.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Edwin's Grand Slam helps Reds take down Brew Crew in first game of road trip.Volquez was not impressive 5 IP,6 runs on 7 hits 4K and 4 BB,but did pick up the win thanks to the Reds exploding for 6 runs in the 3rd inning.Bruce also went yard in the 1st inning.Good thing the bats were alive tonight.I hope Arroyo gives us a quality start tomorrow and we can pick up our 3rd win in a row and get some momentum going in this young season.2 more in Milwakuee and then onto Houston for 4.Lets keep it going!!!

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

If we can get a sweep here it will really help out moral on the rest of the road trip.
GO REDS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Of the division foes, brewers are the only team that we had a winning record against last year. hopefully we can add a couple of other teams to that short list.

Do you think Edwin knew that ball was gone when he hit it?!? That was great.

Eddison had better turn it around. They say he is trying too hard. Maybe the expectations are getting to him. What do you think?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Man! What the heck is wrong with Volquez so far? He's throwing WAY too many pitches in the early innings. That had to be the ugliest "win" by a starting pitcher so far in this young season. Hopefully he'll come on strong this year instead of falling off at the end like last year. I must say that he was impressive getting out of that bases-loaded-no-one-out log jam in the 4th, though.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BOO YAH wrote:Of the division foes, brewers are the only team that we had a winning record against last year. hopefully we can add a couple of other teams to that short list.

Do you think Edwin knew that ball was gone when he hit it?!? That was great.

Eddison had better turn it around. They say he is trying too hard. Maybe the expectations are getting to him. What do you think?

I think he will settle down as the season goes on. He should be OK by the middle of may. He has been trying to through all of his pitches to hard instead of letting his mechanics do the work.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

GO REDS

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I used to love the Reds but Geez, how much can you take? I have enough angst rooting for the Browns. So....I'll follow baseball now and then in the paper and wait until October, then root for the RED SOX!!!!

Return to “Pro Sports”