2019 Cincinnati Reds

Bozo
S

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Bozo »

I think Puig liked playing in Cincinnati. Some networks are saying the Reds may ship Bauer before the deadline.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 pm Wow! That benches clearing brawl was something else! I can't believe there were only 5 ejections! The ones for the Pirates didn't even effect the game really.

Not entirely sure what happened (and we'll never know) between Bell and Hurdle. But David Bell wanted to rip Clint Hurdle's head off!
Bell thinks Hurdle, his staff or the Pirates as an organization is throwing at his players, that's his beef. Personally, I don't think the Pirates are doing that. The so called pitch that Bell is upset about was up and in but it wasn't close enough to have a triad about. Was it personal? Could be, lingering over from where Dietrich posed on 2 homers from April is my guess. A lot of baseball talking heads say it was personal and it needs to be stopped but if this was Madison Bumgardener throwing high and tight these same talking heads would just say he is old school and you have to live with that. In my opinion, MLB's new motto of "let the kids play" and by this they are allowing players to show each other up, this is the root of the problem. In the old days, if someone hit a homer off say Drysdale, Koufax et al, on your next trip to the plate you knew you were getting one under the chin. If Kela wanted to hit Dietrich he would have. His control is that good.

Reds were complaining all night about the outside strike being called but it was being called for both teams. Puig should have been tossed for throwing his helmet to the ground on that called strike. Bell did the right thing to protect his player and got himself tossed but in this case I would have let Puig get tossed as Puig thinks the world revolves around him anyway. Puig is the one who lit the fuse by his behavior on the called strike and helped throw gas on the fire during the brawl.

Bell has a major suspension and fine coming his way for coming out of the clubhouse during the brawl. Garrett the same thing for starting the fight. Puig goes to Cleveland and he will sit for probably 3 games and the Indians get a headcase.

Interesting point,why wasn't Puig taken out of the game when the trade was announced? Usually, that happens but I don't think the Reds front office even had the good sense to tell Bell they had dealt Puig.

Bell comes to the plate today and starts running his lip during the lineup exchange about the strike zone and his view of Pirates pitching and gets tossed before the game starts.
Last edited by Mister Bee on Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

you could tell he loved playing in nati. sad to see him gone. did you see the lazer he threw to home, to hold up a runner that was already 2/3 of the way to home plate before he got tossed.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

I agree on Puig liking Cincinnati. It looked like he was about ready to cry in his interview after the game when he found out he was traded.

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

Scooter and Roark traded.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

25th Street NW wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:42 pm Scooter and Roark traded.
I saw the Roark trade. Cincinnati got a decent minor leaguer for him, probably could have got more.

I also saw the Scooter has been traded to the Giants, but no details on who they got yet.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

You let Scooter go and keep Peraza ? WOW ! I don't like it ?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Puig ! A big arm in right field @ going to Atlanta it could get ugly?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Did not like the Cueto trade or Frazier plus one or two other Pitchers Father time should have went on the blocks? JMO!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Exciting last 72hrs for the reds. Wasn’t the excitement I was looking for.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

MLB handed down the suspensions from the Reds vs. Pirates brawl. Here are the suspensions, # of games, and reason.

Reds:
Amir Garrett - 8 games (Inciting brawl, throwing a punch)
David Bell - 6 games (Returning to field after ejection, escalating incident)
Jared Hughes - 3 games (Intentionally throwing at Starling Marte)
Yasiel Puig - 3 games (Aggressive actions) **Now with Indians

Pirates:
Keone Kela - 10 games (Intentionally throwing at head, instigating brawl)
Jose Osuna - 5 games (Aggressive, inappropriate actions)
Kyle Crick - 3 games (Inappropriate actions)
Clint Hurdle - 2 games (Club's conduct, intentional pitches at Dietrich)

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

There were also several fines that stemmed from the incident. Those included: Trevor Williams and Francisco Cervelli of the Pirates; Joey Votto and Phillip Ervin of the Reds.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wata mess

Kids see it. Adults understand. Little leaguers don’t.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:39 pm Wata mess

I coached 6U coach pitch baseball this past spring. Never again. I saw fights between players who were 6 years old.
Bullying in the name of winning unfortunately is present in more than a few parents and it transmits to their kids.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Omega wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:01 pm

I coached 6U coach pitch baseball this past spring. Never again. I saw fights between players who were 6 years old.
Bullying in the name of winning unfortunately is present in more than a few parents and it transmits to their kids.
That's terrible to hear!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:01 pm

I agree omega. Even though we are a football family the two
Boys aren’t too bad at baseball either. And it’s the age level I see a big difference. My oldest son I have on a 16U travel team out of Columbus. Now yes. Things do get heated at the games over missed calls and legitimate baseball issue but once the initial argument is over things settle down. NOW. My youngest son at 8yrs old is a TOTALLY different story. The arguments the yelling the fighting is just out of this world. It doesn’t happen every single game or tourney but it happens a lot. And way more than it should ever and especially at 8U level. For instance. We were thrown out of a tourney saying we cheated to get in the tourney due to our team. Wing a legit travel team and this was a rec league tourney. No where in the rules did it say that. And the team we beat that protested was a travel team too. The team that protested (claimed they weren’t a travel team) and their parents through such a fit that the director of the tourney listened and threw us out. Explain to a group of 10 8yr olds why we were just removed. We followed the rules. But we packed up and left. The very next weekend at a legit travel team only tourney. Low n behold guess who’s there. The team that protested us as travel team cause they were not and here they are at a travel team tourney only a week later. Absolutely mind boggling to me the parents that are willing to go to the extremes of extremes. I understand competitive nature brings a side out that typically don’t. But that’s what sports teaches you about the competitive spirit isnhow to control it and use within the the confines of the game.

Long story short. That was quite a brawl this week. And I didn’t allow my 8yr old to watch it. Of course the 15yr old did I’m sure at some point.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Bad blood ! Between teams is a part of life ! Head hunting is not right ! It has happen for ever!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good to see father time having a good game !

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Reds win today over the Braves. 6-4 Angels in town tomorrow.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

They got to win some games in a row ? Look at this week's games big !

Return to “Pro Sports”