2020 Cincinnati Reds

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Reds

Post by VetteMan »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:56 am Castellanos leads the Reds with 10 HRS
Winkler 9
Suarez 7
Galvis 6
Thanks Geronimo, I knew that Castellanos had quite a few, but I didn't realize he had 10.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Nick Castellanos raced home on Craig Kimbrel's third wild pitch of the seventh inning, and the Reds avoided a doubleheader sweep by beating the Chicago Cubs 6-5 on Saturday night. The Reds took advantage of another rough performance by Kimbrel, who got off to a tough start this year, before stringing together five consecutive scoreless appearances. The right-hander threw half of his 22 pitches for strikes in his shaky outing against the Reds. Manager David Ross said that they need Craig to be good, that nothing has changed on our end as to where we need Craig to be. He's not quite where he wants to be. He's put in the work, tonight just wasn't his night.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

NL Central starting to tighten up a little ???

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Wild night in Cincy

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Glad to see Votto going back to his batting stance from 2017. Standing more upright and not chocking up until he has 2 strikes.Hope he can continue to help this offense. Nice to see Aquino get some AB's, not sure why it took this long to happen.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I may be wrong but it seemed as if for quite a few years, that Joey Votto was one of the keenest at determining the strike zone in the National League, and may have even led the league in drawn walks a year or so. And really it doesn't have anything to do with Votto's slump or his hitting problems so far this year. I'm not sure how old Votto is, but father time probably has more of an effect on that situation than anything. What games I have watched, ( Not the Reds ) it seems to me as if the umpiring, especially behind the plate has been pretty inconsistent at times. I'm not sure if some of the MLB umpires may have opted out on this season or not, but some of the (Balls and Strikes) calls have been pretty bad. Votto may not even be a regular from here on out, so I know he won't be leading the league in drawn walks this season, but if he's not careful, he may end up leading the league in player ejections this season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cubs recovered from Saturday night's Craig Kimbrel's meltdown with a 10-1 trouncing of the Reds on getaway Sunday in Cincinnati. All the Cubs runs scored via the homerun, and there was history as well. Believe it or not, all three of the Cubs outfielders, Heyward, Happ and Schwarber each hit two homeruns for the Cubs to account for all 10 runs.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Reds need that killer instinct to finish???As for Votto his last good season was maybe 4 years ago???

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'd say you are right on Votto's last good season being about 4 years but for some reason Bell still keeps plugging him into the leadoff spot. Don't understand that logic especially when they brought in Shogo to be the leadoff man.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Reds have acquired outfielder Brian Goodwin from the California Angels in exchange for left handed starting pitcher Packy Naughton and future considerations. Goodwin a former 1st round pick never got much playing time with the Washington Nationals, then this year he got off to a slow start with the Angels, but had a .793 OPS through 30 games, hitting .242 BA, with 7 doubles, a triple and 4 home runs.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Reds will be without manager David Bell and one of their best hitters, Jesse Winker , as they both have been suspended for 1 game as well as being fined, for their actions against the Chicago Cubs. Joey Votto was also given a fine, but was not suspended. Cubs coach Mike Borzello was also suspended and fined as well for using inappropriate language, and refusing to leave the dugout.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Bases loaded no action in the bullpen??? Good by based ball. LOL

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just watched the Reds lose to the Cardinals 7-5. I swear some of the Reds batters were swinging at pitches that were 6" off the ground. If it had been a basketball instead of a baseball, they still would have had trouble fouling those pitches off.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Reds pulled off a surprising last minute deal, and traded for Arizona closer Archie Bradley. In return Arizona received utilityman Josh VanMeter and outfield prospect Stuart Fairchild. Bradley, 28 year old, was drafted in the 1st round by Arizona in the 2011 MLB draft.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Deal they need a miracle!!! There not even in the running??? It's a race to sixty.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Last night game was terrible :!: :evil: :oops:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:17 pm The Reds pulled off a surprising last minute deal, and traded for Arizona closer Archie Bradley. In return Arizona received utilityman Josh VanMeter and outfield prospect Stuart Fairchild. Bradley, 28 year old, was drafted in the 1st round by Arizona in the 2011 MLB draft.
The Reds are already in fire sale mode desperately trying to find a player with a spark to right the ship. You can fire a player, you cannot fire ownership.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

What about fire the coach???

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:45 pm What about fire the coach???

Well, when the coach is the son of a Reds front office VP , I do not think he is going anywhere involuntarily.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I just realized how politics plays even in sports. ! :lol:

Return to “Pro Sports”