2016 Cincinnati Redlegs

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2016 Cincinnati Redlegs

Post by danicalifornia »

Billy Hamilton is so aggravating to watch hit, but man is he a treat to watch on defense.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Impressive debut for Cody Reed. After a shaky first 2 batters, settled down and was outstanding the next 6 innings. Great job keeping the pitch count down and keeping the Reds in the ballgame. I look forward to seeing him a 2nd time

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

He had a very good debut! Now hope the Reds can pull out another extra inning win.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

They can't catch the Milwaukee to get out of the basement !

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

LOL

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Won today ! About trade time / Who goes ?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The only person I see going anywhere is Bruce. If they even decide to dump him.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

I think Bruce wants to go ! Tired of losing.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Bruce does want out names 8 teams Indian's and Yankees on list !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

bighead wrote:Bruce does want out names 8 teams Indian's and Yankees on list !
Does Cleveland need help with the way they are playing?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

And they don't even have Brantley back yet :o

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Just a list of 8 ! As of now Cleveland needs no help ! And facts from me / I don't trust Bruce . Last year he was the strike out king! Just a REDS fan.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Reds GM say no more ! They try to get rid of Phillips ? Most steady player they have !jmo Frazier trade never did like ? Duvall and Frazier hitting home runs !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Phillips is currently the 23rd (out of 24) best 2nd baseman in baseball, according to Fangraphs. He's also easily the worst offensive 2B out of qualifying players. I'd say it would be safe for the Reds to rid themselves of his awful contract, effort, body language, and effort, especially if they can find a sucker to take him. He's also only 8th in the defensive metrics, so it isn't like he's an elite defender anymore either.

Watched him lightly jog out multiple grounders recently, while the younger and hungrier (read: not with guaranteed $$$) were busting out of the box on plays that they weren't going to beat out. To borrow from Joe Maddon, they were respecting 90. It's 90 feet, that's all you have to run. If you can't do that, then either you're hurt or should stop playing completely.

It'll probably upset people, but old guys who are already paid are the worst to have around young, talented players. Peraza should be the everyday 2B from now on, IMO, and that would give the Reds a better chance at competing. I still think they should trade all assets to continue the rebuild and go for the #1 pick, but if they choose not to, then they should play Peraza as he would give a better effort and a better chance at W's than a guy who is already paid. BP has had a solid career for the Reds, but it's time for them both to move on. Maybe a move to a contender would bring back his passion that he showed before this contract.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I agree Dani, it's time for Phillips to go. I've loved him over the last number of years in a Red's uniform but he's not what he was. Even if he was batting poorly before, you had to keep him in the lineup because he could make every crazy play on the field. But, this year, I can't tell you how many times I've seen him mess up on an easy play. They need to dump that salary.

The only problem with trading him, is like with Bruce, he has a no trade clause in his contract, he would have to approve the team before the trade happened. And he just said a couple weeks ago that he wants to stay a Red until he retires. Personally, I would like to see Peraza as the everyday 2B, he's the guy of the future at that position. The Reds already have a lot of their pieces for the future, in all honesty, the only problem for the Reds is the pitching, especially in the bullpen. The bullpen has gotten slightly better but I think the starting rotation has fallen off since earlier in the year.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

I understand but why cry about BP when Votto there money player is not worth it/ true BP is getting old Bruce is fly by night but Votto add him to the list also !!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:I agree Dani, it's time for Phillips to go. I've loved him over the last number of years in a Red's uniform but he's not what he was. Even if he was batting poorly before, you had to keep him in the lineup because he could make every crazy play on the field. But, this year, I can't tell you how many times I've seen him mess up on an easy play. They need to dump that salary.

The only problem with trading him, is like with Bruce, he has a no trade clause in his contract, he would have to approve the team before the trade happened. And he just said a couple weeks ago that he wants to stay a Red until he retires. Personally, I would like to see Peraza as the everyday 2B, he's the guy of the future at that position. The Reds already have a lot of their pieces for the future, in all honesty, the only problem for the Reds is the pitching, especially in the bullpen. The bullpen has gotten slightly better but I think the starting rotation has fallen off since earlier in the year.
Its easy if Phillips wants to play put him at 3rd base Peraza at 2B :)

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

I'm all about the "W" ! Bench them all can't no lower than last place. ! Maybe the worst team in baseball !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Votto is still a top tier player. He was top 3 in the MVP voting a year ago on a last place team, that's how great he was. His contract is insane, but he produces (even if his average is down, still has above average #s for a 1B in a down year)

BP did just hustle out a ball that could've been a DP though and that's a step forward!

I think the firing of Mark Riggins is reaching some, but was probably necessary.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

The heat is on so you fire the pitching Coach to help cover there a$$ and say there trying ! He was a stepping stone ! To let Frazier and Cuto go for Homer youl just got hometed ! Votto is not a franchise player ! Sorry.A rich man for life batting 250 lol!

Return to “Pro Sports”