'09 Reds

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: '09 Reds

Post by Orange and Brown »

BOO YAH wrote:I think Brandon Phillips will step into a leader role for this ball club. He seems to have the right attitude for that. It is a young team that should play with energy.

I had read somewhere that Edwin had admitted to trying to hit too many homeruns rather than just put the ball in play. He has soo much potential to be an impact player, but how long can a club wait for him to play up to that potential? If he is struggleing by mid season, I say put Keppinger at third or bring back Sabo. :122245

I too hope that Hopper is on the roster for the season.

I just think that they would be much better without Edwin. He is one of the worst 3rd basemen in the leage. He lets to many easy plays get away from him. For every good play he makes, he makes 2 bad ones.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I am a huge Reds fan and also a fan of Jeff Keppinger but he is not a everyday player...Edwin struggles on defense but he brings some pop to the line up that they need.I think you have to start him at 3rd.I also feel Hairston should be the opening day starter in left field.As fot the pitching staff...This is the best it has looked in many years...If they stay healthy...I feel this team could make a solid run at the wild card.Hope to see a season like we had back in 99 when we were in it til the last day and Al Leiter and the Mets shut us out of playoff hopes.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

beaverlover wrote:I am a huge Reds fan and also a fan of Jeff Keppinger but he is not a everyday player...Edwin struggles on defense but he brings some pop to the line up that they need.I think you have to start him at 3rd.I also feel Hairston should be the opening day starter in left field.As fot the pitching staff...This is the best it has looked in many years...If they stay healthy...I feel this team could make a solid run at the wild card.Hope to see a season like we had back in 99 when we were in it til the last day and Al Leiter and the Mets shut us out of playoff hopes.

What do you mean Keppinger is not an every day player. Until he got hurt he was top 3 in the leage. And if you struggle on Defense then it doesn't matter how much pop you have in your bat. You give up everything you gain that way.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I think the Reds need Dickerson in left

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Orange and Brown wrote:
beaverlover wrote:I am a huge Reds fan and also a fan of Jeff Keppinger but he is not a everyday player...Edwin struggles on defense but he brings some pop to the line up that they need.I think you have to start him at 3rd.I also feel Hairston should be the opening day starter in left field.As fot the pitching staff...This is the best it has looked in many years...If they stay healthy...I feel this team could make a solid run at the wild card.Hope to see a season like we had back in 99 when we were in it til the last day and Al Leiter and the Mets shut us out of playoff hopes.

What do you mean Keppinger is not an every day player. Until he got hurt he was top 3 in the leage. And if you struggle on Defense then it doesn't matter how much pop you have in your bat. You give up everything you gain that way.

I just feel the Reds would be better off to use him as a utility guy/pinch hitter.I just think he would be more beneficial to the club in this role.

As for him being 3rd in the league before he was injuried...that was through about 45 games and he had a 2 week stretch where he batted over .500.That will never happen again.I am not dogging the guy...I like his hustle and the way he plays the game,just dont feel he is an everyday starter on a Major League club that should contend for a playoff spot.

Also, I do not understand what everyone has against Hairston...All he did last year was hit the ball well and play good defense...He is also a great baserunner...Just a smart player.Dickerson has great upside but I wouldnt jump the gun with him ecspecially when you have experinced outfielders like Hairston,Hopper,etc.

Just my opinions guys...Not trying to argue all day....Sounds like were all Reds fans and want the same thing for once....A winning record!!!

Can't wait til April 6th vs the Mets and Johan Santana!! Wouldnt have it any other way!

GO RED LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I agree with a lot that you're saying there. Has Hairston ever done anything besides last year?

Has he had a season that he has played all year? (except one in which he played 159 games and batted .233)

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

boogerred wrote:I agree with a lot that you're saying there. Has Hairston ever done anything besides last year?

Has he had a season that he has played all year? (except one in which he played 159 games and batted .233)

Point taken.

I just feel with the year he had...he deserves the shot in LF.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Maybe they could split time in left and Hairston could also play others positions.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Arroyo gave up 13 hits yesterday :roll:

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

Yeah, I did not see what happened, but I heard he gave up 10 runs and 3 were earned? Another slow start for Bronson perhaps?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BOO YAH wrote:Yeah, I did not see what happened, but I heard he gave up 10 runs and 3 were earned? Another slow start for Bronson perhaps?

Gettin all his mistakes out in spring trainning!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I don't think he is worth the money!!! And I know the 3rd base is weak on D!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BBallin fool wrote:I don't think he is worth the money!!! And I know the 3rd base is weak on D!!!

Bronson will be OK. I like him and he will get his stuff working soon.
3rd is very week on D and will cost us a lot of runs.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

i say let hairston play Short and drop gonzales,

gonzo plays great defense but his strikeouts when healthy could allmost rival dunn's.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The_Legend_of_Northwest wrote:i say let hairston play Short and drop gonzales,

gonzo plays great defense but his strikeouts when healthy could allmost rival dunn's.

I would rather see Keppinger playing short and Haiston play 3rd.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Below .500 again.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Keppinger was traded to the Astros tonight for a PTBNL.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

That's just too bad, because I really like him.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Post by BOO YAH »

oldtrojan wrote:Keppinger was traded to the Astros tonight for a PTBNL.

I was hoping to see an April Fools after this one, but saw that it was true. Too bad.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BOO YAH wrote:
oldtrojan wrote:Keppinger was traded to the Astros tonight for a PTBNL.

I was hoping to see an April Fools after this one, but saw that it was true. Too bad.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They should be trying to unload a certain 3rd baseman.

Return to “Pro Sports”