SEOP

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Geronimo »

6:10 start today !

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Reds put up 12 runs last night in a 12-7 victory over the Cubs. Not only did it break a 4 game losing streak, as the bats came alive, but it was another impressive performance by starting pitcher Sonny Gray. He had 5.2 innings of no-hit baseball enroute to 11 strikeouts over 6.2 inn. I'm still not impressed at all with the relief pitching overall, giving up 7 runs in around 3 inn. I sure hope that I'm wrong about this, but it seems as if when the Reds bats come alive in a game, and they put 10-12 runs on the board, that the next game they struggle to score a couple runs. Prove me wrong Reds ! ( I still think the Relief pitching is the weak link on the team.)

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The final game of the 4-game series against the Chicago Cubs tonight was cancelled because of rain.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:15 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:53 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:57 am

I hadn't really given it a lot of thought, but it does make perfectly good since. I'm still kind of up in the air as far as how do your college's that are getting ready to play football, what makes it safe enough for them to have fans in the stadium, even with distancing taking place, whereas MLB and the NFL ( Philadelphia Eagles have said no fans, not sure if it's every NFL team ) will be playing without fans. What we are seeing today, and what is being planned going forward, in the next few days or weeks, could change completely. I didn't mention the NBA as I'm not really a fan anyway, so I probably won't watch regardless.
I'm not a big basketball fan either, but I bet it will be weird with no fans as well. Be able to hear the ball bouncing on the court better, and the ball swishing through the net. :lol: The sneaker squeaks on the court will really stand out. :lol:
Trench, you always seem to be able to come up with all of these in-depth reasons pertaining to our favorite sports, which by the way make a lot of sense regardless of what sport. I, for whatever reson don't seem to have the ability to do that. Lol
Sounds of the seasons/sports. :lol: Hope we hear some good pads cracking out of the Big this year. We should with little or no fans packing the stadiums. I hate it if there will be no fans, but at least most of the sounds that come with football won't be drown out. :lol: Hear the defensive players yelling pass, and the mean sounding growling going on in the trenches. :lol: Maybe even hear various coach's yelling from frustration when things are not going well. Etc etc. :lol: I Love it. :D

Watched the Reds the other day, and the sticks was a cracking. :shock: Sounds good when the Ash meets the ball. I've also noticed they have recorded fan sound going on at times coming through the stadium's big sound system/speakers. Just isn't like live fan sound though. That never stops mostly with real deal in person fans. I'm just glad we can catch the game on TV. Weird with all that's going on, but I'll take it. It's much better than nothing at all. GO REDS!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:03 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:53 pm

I'm not a big basketball fan either, but I bet it will be weird with no fans as well. Be able to hear the ball bouncing on the court better, and the ball swishing through the net. :lol: The sneaker squeaks on the court will really stand out. :lol:
Trench, you always seem to be able to come up with all of these in-depth reasons pertaining to our favorite sports, which by the way make a lot of sense regardless of what sport. I, for whatever reson don't seem to have the ability to do that. Lol
Sounds of the seasons/sports. :lol: Hope we hear some good pads cracking out of the Big this year. We should with little or no fans packing the stadiums. I hate it if there will be no fans, but at least most of the sounds that come with football won't be drown out. :lol: Hear the defensive players yelling pass, and the mean sounding growling going on in the trenches. :lol: Maybe even hear various coach's yelling from frustration when things are not going well. Etc etc. :lol: I Love it. :D

Watched the Reds the other day, and the sticks was a cracking. :shock: Sounds good when the Ash meets the ball. I've also noticed they have recorded fan sound going on at times coming through the stadium's big sound system/speakers. Just isn't like live fan sound though. That never stops mostly with real deal in person fans. I'm just glad we can catch the game on TV. Weird with all that's going on, but I'll take it. It's much better than nothing at all. GO REDS!
I agree with you, especially about the football. We might hear some language or somethings said that might shock some people. I forget which baseball game I was watching, but they had appeared to have cardboard cutouts of fans sitting in a few rows of seats behind home plate. Agree about the fans, the more that we watch the games, we will just be happy to be able to watch something, rather than nothing at all.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go Reds!!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:47 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:03 am

I agree with you, especially about the football. We might hear some language or somethings said that might shock some people. I forget which baseball game I was watching, but they had appeared to have cardboard cutouts of fans sitting in a few rows of seats behind home plate. Agree about the fans, the more that we watch the games, we will just be happy to be able to watch something, rather than nothing at all.
I watched a few of them Korean baseball games. I seen one where they had stuffed animals setting in the seats behind the home plate area. :lol: If you don't look twice once in awhile it's like people setting there. :lol: Weird.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Trench, what is your opinion on a couple of the rule changes so far ? I guess putting a runner on second base at the start of any extra inning, might just be a way of shortening the game somewhat. I also read that any doubleheader now will consist of two 7 inning games, and after the 7th inn, a runner will be placed on 2nd base as well. With only a 60 game schedule, I would doubt very much if there were any doubleheaders scheduled. With the designated hitter now being in the National League as well, I'm not sure if they think that might provide a little more offense to the lineup or what. I'm a little surprised over the years that both leagues would not have gotten together, and decided either that both would have it, or that neither one would.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cincinnati Reds starting pitcher Luis Castillo had his tough change up an he had plenty of octane on his fastball, but that was not stopping the bottom portion of the Tigers line-up on Fri, as it picked apart Castillo during a 7-2 Reds loss to the Tigers. I really would like to know who thought that he had a tough change-up and a lot of octane on his fastball, I think it's pretty obvious that the Detroit hitters were not that impressed. A lot of the so called experts have said that the Detroit Tigers are one of the worst teams in MLB, yet they have beaten the Reds 3 out of 4 so far.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:18 pm Trench, what is your opinion on a couple of the rule changes so far ? I guess putting a runner on second base at the start of any extra inning, might just be a way of shortening the game somewhat. I also read that any doubleheader now will consist of two 7 inning games, and after the 7th inn, a runner will be placed on 2nd base as well. With only a 60 game schedule, I would doubt very much if there were any doubleheaders scheduled. With the designated hitter now being in the National League as well, I'm not sure if they think that might provide a little more offense to the lineup or what. I'm a little surprised over the years that both leagues would not have gotten together, and decided either that both would have it, or that neither one would.
Don't care for the rule changes. Your correct, it's to shorten the games. They aren't even aloud to spit. No spitting is another rule this year. :lol: They better put the chew, and sunflower seeds up. They are always spitting seed shells out. :lol: Gross to say, but spitting has always been a part of baseball since it began. :lol: :lol: Covid has everything messed up in different ways this year for all sports. It's sad. I'm just glad we can see some games. I hope it last's. Could shut it down too before long if things don't get better. GO REDS!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Not looking good for Reds fans Detroit lost 114 games last season. ! But just glad to have baseball back "Some What " Even if the Reds still suck!!! LOL ;)

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:33 am
VetteMan wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:18 pm Trench, what is your opinion on a couple of the rule changes so far ? I guess putting a runner on second base at the start of any extra inning, might just be a way of shortening the game somewhat. I also read that any doubleheader now will consist of two 7 inning games, and after the 7th inn, a runner will be placed on 2nd base as well. With only a 60 game schedule, I would doubt very much if there were any doubleheaders scheduled. With the designated hitter now being in the National League as well, I'm not sure if they think that might provide a little more offense to the lineup or what. I'm a little surprised over the years that both leagues would not have gotten together, and decided either that both would have it, or that neither one would.
Don't care for the rule changes. Your correct, it's to shorten the games. They aren't even aloud to spit. No spitting is another rule this year. :lol: They better put the chew, and sunflower seeds up. They are always spitting seed shells out. :lol: Gross to say, but spitting has always been a part of baseball since it began. :lol: :lol: Covid has everything messed up in different ways this year for all sports. It's sad. I'm just glad we can see some games. I hope it last's. Could shut it down too before long if things don't get better. GO REDS!
I had not heard about the spitting, I wonder what the penalty will be if they see someone doing it ? You're right, it's always been a part of baseball. I guess that they won't be allowed to chew bubble gum either, or at least blow a bubble.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

For the second time in three days, the Reds have had a game postponed because of rain. The Reds game was rescheduled as part of a doubleheader on Sunday. Now, under a new rule from MLB, all games that are part of a doubleheader this season will be 7 inn each.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cincinnati Reds pitcher Trevor Bauer has never been one to hold back his thoughts. He had plenty to share Sat after his scheduled start against the Detroit Tigers went into a last minute rain delay, before ultimately being postponed. Bauer criticized how the situation was handled, calling it an "amateur" move while calling on MLB to figure out a better way to handle weather delays. Bauer was warming up in the bullpen when the Tigers called for a delay 8 minutes before the first pitch. The late decision likely means Bauer won't be available to pitch during Sundays DH.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:46 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:33 am
I had not heard about the spitting, I wonder what the penalty will be if they see someone doing it ? You're right, it's always been a part of baseball. I guess that they won't be allowed to chew bubble gum either, or at least blow a bubble.
:lol: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/new ... 1fdbmhzvus

Bet some of them guys are dying to have a chew during the game. :lol: Most have to spit with chewing tobacco/snuff. :lol: The No spitting rule hammering them guys. :lol:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Trench, thanks for the Info, I think that they are going to have a really hard time enforcing all of those rules.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just saw that the Reds Have placed Joey Votto on the injured list on Sunday. The last time that Votto played was this past Friday against the Tigers, going 0-4 in a 7-2 loss. Teams do not have to disclose any names concerning the coronavirus, unless the player decides to do so themselves.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

On Sunday afternoon, Reds Right hander Anthony DeSclafani was taken off the 10-day injured list to make his 2020 debut and had a very good performance against the Tigers in a 4-3 Reds win. DeSclafani, who missed one start with a mild strain, allowed only 3 hits in 5 shutout inn, but was left with a no-decision as the Reds blew a 3-0 lead in the bottom of the 6th inn, it didn't help that Castellanos misjudged a flyball hit by Victor Reyes allowing 3 runs to score. The Reds took the lead back in the top of the 7th inn, when Freddy Galvis scored on a single by Shogo Akiyama. It was a homecoming for Castellanos, who himself hit 2 HR and drove in all three runs.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

One thing the Reds do have confidence in is their starting pitching. It was most certainly proven during the second game of a Sunday doubleheader, as right hander Trevor Bauer was in complete control this game, as he pitched 7 full inn only allowing 2 hits and striking out 7 batters in a 4-0 complete game.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

One thing for sure.

Mr Bauer has a swag to his play.

For us red leg fans. Maybe that’s what we need in Cincy. Some swag.

Him fannin a batter then strutting off the mound like he’s Conner mcGregor strut. Well. That’s the type of move that you better go out and perform each n every time. Complete shutout games the norm.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Pro Sports”