is it possable the Cards could suck any worse ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

is it possable the Cards could suck any worse ?

Post by ManitouDan »

3 personal fouls on 1 drive ? a 27 yard punt ? yet another holding call ? Playing like ABLOSUTE CHUMPS --Oh wait Defensive holding on the cards . I hate pitts but I hope they finish off the cards in big time fashion. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: is it possable the Cards could suck any worse ?

Post by ManitouDan »

Ok they scored , maybe they ain't dead yet but it's been an UGLY game. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

can not believe after a dozen reviews in this game they did'nt review Warners fumble --looked like arm going foward to me . MD

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

ManitouDan wrote:can not believe after a dozen reviews in this game they did'nt review Warners fumble --looked like arm going foward to me . MD

It was clearly going forward, however, there are no reviews with 2 minutes left in the game . Talk about a lame azz rule .

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I watched this one with a few Pittsburgh fans and they turned it off at half time do to the fact they were embarrassed by the zebras making the game to be as bad as it was. I got back home in time to watch the 4th quarter and have to agree with my Pittsburgh fans this was another case where the zebras were not going to allow them to lose.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The Cards had twice as many penalty yards as the Steelers and that included a 15 yarder against the Steelers at a point in the game that meant nothing. Take that away and the numbers are skewed even more. Plus, the Steelers were also charged with a 1 yard unsportsmanlike penalty on a player that should have been ejected for punching a player but wasn't. This makes two Super Bowls in three years in which the officials were VERY kind to the Steelers.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

The #1 defense in the league didn't look like it, especially in the second half. Plus, they didn't outhit the Cardinals like everyone thought they would.

Still, I found it to be an entertaining game but, I thought all the breaks went the Steelers way.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Say what you want, bottom line is THE STEELERS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

ManitouDan wrote:can not believe after a dozen reviews in this game they did'nt review Warners fumble --looked like arm going foward to me . MD

Everyone who is in shock about the no replay I am right there with you. This play should have been reviewed. I don't care if it would have stayed the same or over turned, what matters is that the NFL just seems to be very very lazy sometimes. And this in turn leads me to wonder about the NFL.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

On the Harrison interception return Larry Fitzgerald trying to get around players runs out of bounds. He has to go around a team mate on the bench who stepped closer to the field to get a better look at the play. That little delay helped to keep Fitzgerald from making the tackle right at the goal line. He would have made the tackle before the TD.
Just another thing to think about.

I do not understand taking Darnel Dockett out of the game during some plays on the final drive. He was dominating for a few drives.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

The whole mess just stinks --The ref's seemed absolutely flag happy but you watch the tape the penalities were called pretty well. Seemed like Zona got screwed but you can't argue many of the calls.

The pitts thug (# 92 ?) should have been ejected for punching a player (in the back too , what a chicken sh...) and the Fumble should have been studied far longer ---No way it so obvious that in 10-15 seconds they were 100% certain it was a fumble --- I saw ball in hand, arm going foward . Control was iffy , that's why it should have studied much longer . another black eye for replay and the NFL.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

from the pic Tobias posted you see ball in hand , arm is ready to go into motion , right as the pitts player is preparing to hit him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:The Cards had twice as many penalty yards as the Steelers and that included a 15 yarder against the Steelers at a point in the game that meant nothing. Take that away and the numbers are skewed even more. Plus, the Steelers were also charged with a 1 yard unsportsmanlike penalty on a player that should have been ejected for punching a player but wasn't. This makes two Super Bowls in three years in which the officials were VERY kind to the Steelers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i agree , he should have been ejected , he thrusted punch movements four different timeson that play. but i thought it was an amazing super bowl, myself. lots of penalties . but arizona is just as tough emotionally as the steelers this year, and emotions were very high. i loved the super bowl , myself.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i felt the booth should have challenged the last fumble by warner, the arm looked as if it were going forward to me. is that not a reviewable play from the booth, inside 2 minutes.

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

When was the arm at the waist forward?
I think the officiating was flag-happy for both sides.
This will go down as one of the most controversial, but greatest Super Bowls Ever!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

6 Super Bowl titles!!! Good times, good times.....

HOW MANY YOU GOT? :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

rockhillbasketball wrote:When was the arm at the waist forward?
I think the officiating was flag-happy for both sides.
This will go down as one of the most controversial, but greatest Super Bowls Ever!
------------------- here, here, i second that.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Is it possible that you're spelling sucks?

Give the Cards some credit....Hines Ward did....of course he was the only one.

Is it possible that this thread could suck any worse?

i guess you think Larry Fitzgerald sucks and Warner with 377 yards suck?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

hey doc pather, mabe my spelling does suk , yuk yuk yuk . This thread was started when the cards were down 20-7 and yes , SUCKING . Does 3 personal fouls on 1 drive classify as poorly played ? The game was poorly played and a flag fest on both sides. Exciting ? Yep , it was. And Warner was dang good --I was rooting for him and the cards but up until the 4th they were ATRIOUISOUS ? Did I spell that right ? you want every word spelled correctly you are on the wrong board friend. MD

Return to “Pro Sports”