Dallas Cowboys off season talk

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Dallas Cowboys off season talk

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

(I told everyone from day one that J-Jones was not the answer at running back. I was told I was wrong and my thoughts on this come from my dislike of N-Dame)

UPDATE-RB Julius Jones - Came into the season looking to secure his future in the Cowboys backfield. He had the lowest rushing total of his career, gaining only 588 yards and was replaced as the starter by Marion Barber. He will likely not come back. He is an unrestricted free agent.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=s ... eam_report

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

From the article

Bobby Carpenter remains a bust and might be cut or traded in the offseason.(This stinks) Being in the 3-4 has hurt him. I hope he can land on his feet and make it work in Dallas but, if not I hope he goes to a 4-3 team and makes it big.

Anthony Fasano, Notre Dame-(I really like this guy)
From the article-Fasano, however, has not lived up to expectations since being drafted in the second round last season. He could see time taken away from him next year by the emerging and improving Tony Curtis.
(I was telling anyone who would listen watch out for Tony Curtis. He is going to be a solid player, for Dallas.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Im here...Just now saw this thread...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Glad to see someone else show up if only to prove another wrong, again. :lol:

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

im a Dallas fan as well. i too think Jones should not return, and all the talk about trading 2 1st round picks and Barber to the Dolphins is ridiculous. Keep Barber and both picks, they are projected to take Manningham,wr. MU and Mendenhall,rb. Illinios. Not bad additions if you ask me. Manningham will be very good, and Mendenhall would be a good backup to Barber

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Mendenhall, would be great.
I'm not sold on M-Ham and I would much rather see them go CB in round one.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

I would like to see Jones gone and hopefully the Cowboys get another back like MB III...Barber has been tremendous even with the lack of carries...

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:I would like to see Jones gone and hopefully the Cowboys get another back like MB III...Barber has been tremendous even with the lack of carries...
trade talks are on going with Jones leaving maybe coming to miami to help Ronnie brownie out after his surgery

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:I would like to see Jones gone and hopefully the Cowboys get another back like MB III...Barber has been tremendous even with the lack of carries...
trade talks are on going with Jones leaving maybe coming to miami to help Ronnie brownie out after his surgery but with Ricky still around i dont know anymore

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I'm sure there are more 'Boys fan out there... The Cowboys need to get a Willie Parker type of back to go with the power of Barber. We need to get an explosive guy who can catch passes and have great speed in the open field. A WR would be a good pick in the draft to give more youth and speed or size. Secondary help will be critical, but in the end I think the Cowboys can afford to take the best available at their two picks and throughout the draft. I only see trading up for McFadden if it's a deal you can't pass up on. I do not see giving up two 1st round picks for one and maybe more for one player at a tough position. Right now the 'Boys need to continue to add depth at DL/OL/WR/DB and RB if they get rid of Julius Jones, but LB and S in the draft allows you to vastly improve your special teams play as well.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Everything I hear and read Jones is gone being he was the only player they did not offer a new contract to. He is a free agent.

Return to “Pro Sports”