WOW Super Bowl

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

im happy for old strahan and his gap LOL

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

Congrats to the Giants, Great Win, Unbelievable Finish.

Now, Bill Belichek....what a horse's hind end! Just got done watching post game interview with him, why even bother talking to the media? This guy has been blown up as the greatest coach to take the field in the last ten years and he can't even bring himself to respect the fact that he just got beat by a better team tonight. I have never seen a coach act in such a way that degrades the play of the other team. OK, if he doesn't want to answer questions about the "Spygate" investigation, that's fine. But running off the field before the game is over, come on, did Moss teach him that trick? Completely classless, I had some respect for the guy before this season with the three SB's he has won and the accomplishments of the role players he has resurrected and the players he has drafted to create a divine chemistry on the field. But now LT is not so far off with his comments last year about no class. Stand at the post game press conference and swallow your pride graciously and at least make an attempt to talk about the game with due respect for your opponent.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Pats are probably in shock right now

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Just the other day my son said it was going to be a blow out and the Pats would win, but I said yes but remember Miami and Ohio State a few years back. Thats Why We still go ahead and play the game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Just the other day my son said it was going to be a blow out and the Pats would win, but I said yes but remember Miami and Ohio State a few years back. Thats Why We still go ahead and play the game.

Thats right. I think the Giants decided not to listen to the press and play there game.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

I don't see why people are calling Belechik classless, he met Coughlin whenever there was 1 second left, whenever the field was stormed the first time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Boy, we will be talking about this for days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

NE's downfall is that their defense is old, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the last time you see Seau, Vrabel, Harrison and maybe Brushci. Granted NY has some old players also, Madison and Strahan that may go out on their swan song. But all in all they are a young group on defense.

bulldog21
JV Team

Post by bulldog21 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:PATRIOTS CHOKE!!!!!!!

PATRIOTS CHOKE!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No choking involved. The Giants just outmatched them and wanted it more.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

wow, what a game. Burress makes a bold prediction and is looks like he put his foot in his mouth as he was held to 1 catch until that final drive. he ended the game with 2 catches but second of them was the biggest he'll ever make. WHAT A GAME! :shock: gotta be one of my all time favorites.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

hell of a defensive performance my the G men

Army
S

Post by Army »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way to go Giants :!: :-D

If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere
By MJD

Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 11:12 pm EST

On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.

With :02 left on the clock, and his team just having failed on a last chance 4th down effort, Bill Belichick ran onto the field for a quick handshake, and then bolted for the locker room. Belichick's an important guy and everything, but I wasn't aware that the league had given him the authority to decide when games end.

There's time left on the clock, his team's been humbled, outplayed, and lost their chance at history ... and Bill Belichick doesn't have the stomach to sit there and absorb the pain until the clock read 0:00.

That's unsportsmanlike at best, disrespectful at least, and at worst, it makes him a big sissy.

Because Bill Belichick wanted to go hide when he lost, the field ended up being flooded with people, and the officials had to clear the area before the Giants could take their final snap and make it official. When you lose, you take your loss. You don't leave early because it makes you feel sad inside. Your opponent deserves more respect than that.

Anyone remember in 2004 when Randy Moss left the sidelines with 2 seconds left in a Vikings vs. Redskins game? Moss was selfish, a baby, a quitter, didn't respect his teammates, and didn't respect the game. Belichick just did the same thing, but did it on the biggest possible stage, and did it from the position of a leader of men.

Maybe there's something to be said for the inability to lose well ... most great winners don't lose well, and a sore loser is still a loser.

But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

I read the post above me on yahoo...and i think the bias in the article is completely ridiculous. I'm not a Pats fan, but Belichick shook hands--everyone thought the game was over--and the vast majority of the Pats were in the locker room. why wait on the field after you lost? he talked to coughlin--when the cops tried to tell the coaches to go back to the sidelines it was COUGHLIN who said no and talked to Belichick. So i wouldn't call belichick classless because he didnt want to stand on the sidelines for :01 second. Not a big deal IMO

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

yeah atleast he did shake hands.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I missed this one.Can someone tell me again how much better the AFC? :lol:

I'm glad the hefty-lefty from Kentucky stuck it out because he now has one more super bowl ring the the Browns do. :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tartanblue wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:
Tartanblue wrote:I called the NY win. Belichick just showed how much of a jerk he really is

you have to make them calls BEFORE THE GAME IS OVER

Go to the first super bowl thread 'n I believe I did.

===============================================

Tartanblue
SEOP Staff

Location: Sciotoville,Ohio Home of the back to back SOC I Champs East Tartans
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:05 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants played them pretty good a few weeks ago. Hoping for a Giants win.

============================================

thats not "calling it" that was just 'hoping it" Millions of peple done that.

calling it, would have been taking oz up on the bet 8)

rockhillbasketball
All Conference

Post by rockhillbasketball »

YES YES YES!!!!!!! PATS GO DOWN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

i think the Giants just wanted it more, wanted to prove everyone wrong, and they did exactly that

Return to “Pro Sports”