Chicago Cubs (yahoo)

chsballn
Freshman Team

Chicago Cubs (yahoo)

Post by chsballn »

Is there any team in baseball that has had over the years so many great players but just couldn't get that far in the month of October. My favorite cubs players came from the 60's in the like of Billy Williams, Ron Santo, Ernie Banks, Don Zimmer, Ken Hubbs, Sammy Taylor, George Altman, Bob Buhl, Fergie Jenkins, Don Kessinger, and Randy Hunley.

I see a lot of grit in this years Cubs, and a lot of that grit comes from Joe Maddon the Manager. Joe is a strange one, but he gets the most from his players.

The Cubs have always had some strange things going on in the manager's area. A little cubs manager trivia from the 60's !!
" Owner P. K. Wrigley began experimenting with the managerial position and in December 1960, announced that Cubs would not have only one manager for the coming season. Instead, the team implemented a new managerial system known as the "College of Coaches". The system was meant to blend ideas from several individuals instead of relying on one manager. During its first year, the team rotated four different managers into the role: Vedie Himsl, Harry Craft, El Tappe and Lou Klein. The next year, under the guidance of Tappe, Klein and Charlie Metro, the Cubs lost a franchise-record 103 games. Bob Kennedy managed the team for the next three seasons until Hall of Famer Leo Durocher assumed the managerial role for the 1966 season, effectively ending the five-year-long "College of Coaches" experiment."

Go Cubs !! From a Reds fan at heart, but a lover of the game, all players, all teams.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chicago Cubs (yahoo)

Post by noreply66 »

Not a Cub fan but would love to see them win it all. Every team left hasn't won much for along time.

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

I think the Royals & Cubs would make a good World Series.

This will be a blue world series, as all teams this year has some shade of blue uniforms.

Mark May
Freshman Team

Post by Mark May »

Between the Lines wrote:I think the Royals & Cubs would make a good World Series.

This will be a blue world series, as all teams this year has some shade of blue uniforms.
The Pirates are black...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Between the Lines wrote:I think the Royals & Cubs would make a good World Series.

The year of the Blue

Return to “Pro Sports”