Pirates 2013

mister b
SEOP

Re: Pirates 2013

Post by mister b »

Bucs 10 Brewers 3

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!

Gerrit Cole gives up 3 runs in the first inning but survives to shut the door to go 6 innings and turns it over to the shark tank to get his 4th win in as many starts.

Bucco bats pound out their 10 runs with 12 hits as the offense continues to pressure the defense by putting the ball in play and play station to station baseball.

7 straight wins for the Bucs and a MLB best 49 wins.

Liriano takes the hill for the Pirates in a national FOX broadcast.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

In the immortal words of Bob Prince "How Sweet It Is!"

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Thanks to losses last night by the Cards and Reds, the Pirates are in first place with 1 and 4 game leads respectively.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Mister B wrote:Thanks to losses last night by the Cards and Reds, the Pirates are in first place with 1 and 4 game leads respectively.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

I wouldn't get to excited yet. Usually after the all star break is when the Pirates do their cheap tent impression and fold.

Fools Gold
Waterboy

Post by Fools Gold »

Looks like the reds have already did the cheap tent impression.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bucs 2 Brewers 1

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!

Liriano goes 6 to get the win, 1 R 7 H 6 K 1 BB, and then turns it over to the shark tank to slam the door shut on the Brewers with 3 scoreless innings.

Alvarez continues his torrid streak with the bat as he homers again and Jones also parks one for good measure.

8th win in a row for the Buccos. The first 6 were on the road. First team in MLB to 50 wins and the owners of the best record in baseball, 50-30, and still 1 game up on the Cards.

Tonights game was the 5th straight sellout in PNC Park. We have never sold out 5 games in a row since we moved to PNC.

Pirates go for their 3rd straight series sweep on Sunday.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

In the words of Pirates manager Clint Hurtle "We're in a good place right now" No other words can describe the Pirates play right now."HOW SWEET IT IS"

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

After 80 games last year, the Bucs and Reds were tied for first with records of 44-36. The Cards were 2.5 games back.

I agree, we are in a good place right now and HOW SWEET IT IS.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bucs 2 Brewers 1 F/14

Sweep the deck and RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!

Russell Martin with the pinch hit walkoff winner as the Bucs sweep their 3rd straight series and win their 9th in a row!

Bullpen throws 12 scoreless innings following the nearly 2 1/2 hour rain delay.

WE HAD EM ALL THE WAY!!!

At the half way point of the season, the Pirates are 51-30 and lead the Cards by 2 games and the Reds by 5.5. Who would have tunk it?

Off day on Monday. 3 game home series vs the Phillies starts Tuesday.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

What a game, and what a season so far! I think we might have something special here...Time will tell..Got something to tell you about last nights game...I was thinking all day yesterday that my FOX affiliate WVAH was going to show our game,they showed it in the program guide and on their website.Turns out,those clowns showed the reds instead.I was pissed! Showing the reds was one thing, but to say you were going to put our game on and then put the other on was un excusable.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:What a game, and what a season so far! I think we might have something special here...Time will tell..Got something to tell you about last nights game...I was thinking all day yesterday that my FOX affiliate WVAH was going to show our game,they showed it in the program guide and on their website.Turns out,those clowns showed the reds instead.I was pissed! Showing the reds was one thing, but to say you were going to put our game on and then put the other on was un excusable.
I agree. I was going to watch the game on WVAH and when I saw the Reds playing I had to swallow my own vomit.

Lucky for me, the local Parkersburg FOX station (WOVA) carried the Pirates and I got to watch them instead of those Redlegged landlubbers.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

SHIVER ME TIMBERS!!!

Me Buccos dropped 2 of 3 to that team from Filthadelphia. Both games were winnable IF the offense had come thru with some fortuitous hitting.

To many strikeouts from Pirate bats and some unfortunate errors on the part of the best defense in MLB based on defensive efficiency led to the 2 losses.

No matter, weigh anchor and on to the windy city for a 3 game set vs the Cubs as the Bucs send out Liriano (7-3 2.23) to face Samardzija (5-7 3.34) who has had prior success beating the Buccos.

Pirate bats need to start supporting the best pitching staff in MLB as the Bucs, still the owners of the best record in MLB, hold a 2 game lead over the Cards and a 3.5 lead over the Reds.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bucs 6 Cubs 2

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!

Liriano pitches the Pirates first complete game of the season with 2 R 4 H 7 K 4 BB.

Bucco bats pound out 13 hits, 3 triples and 1 double, the rest were singles as they play station to station baseball and pull off the double steal, second and home, to back Liriano's strong mound performance.

Bucs maintain their 2 game lead over the Cards and add 1 to their lead over the Reds to 4.5

Morton (1-1 2.50) takes the hill vs Jackson (4-10 5.75) in game 2.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

"How Sweet It Is" Raise it!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Bucs drop 2 of 3 vs the Cubs and the first game vs the A's.

Pirate hitters, or non-hitters as they should be called, are to blame. Excellent pitching performances are being wasted because we can't hit.

Huntington needs to make some moves prior to the trading deadline to get a couple of quality bats in our lineup. He hasn't done a very good job to date finding good hitters. Travis Snyder and Gaby Sanchez are prime examples of his latest lack of effort to shore up our offense.

We may need to trade an arm or two to get a couple of hitters that are a constant threat at the plate.

Heading to the Burgh to watch tonights game.

Hopefully, Gerrit Cole can delivery another solid pitching performance and our offense can come through to plate enough runs for the victory.

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I think we need to do something...

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:I think we need to do something...
And soon...

A's 2 Bucs 1

Pirates waste another outstanding pitching performance by Cole and the bullpen (2 R 5 H) as Bucco bats get 1 R on 3 H with 10 Ks. :122246

Pittsburgh brass may need to sell some arms for hitters as the Pirate farm system is awash with good young arms but devoid of any promising hitting talent. We certainly don't need to pick up anybody like we have in the past such as LaRoche, Snyder or Gaby Sanchez.

One has to wonder how much more the pitching staff can do to keep the Bucs in the running.

Too many strikeouts and too many swings at bad pitches. Marte is a good lead off hitter but we need him on the base paths not swinging at 3 pitches and then sitting down. Alvarez, while he is hot at the moment, still strikeouts too much. We need some discipline at the plate and learn to go the opposite way with the pitch instead of trying to pull the ball and turning our wrists over. McCutchen has excellent power to right center and needs to stop pulling the ball. But, his average has gone up the past 3 weeks so some progress is being made.

Liriano takes the mound for the Bucs as we try and avoid the sweep.

Need a win badly and then we need to take 2 of 3 from the Mets before we head to the All-Star break to get our MoJo back.

With tonights game on ESPN and Saturday's on FOX, we need to win and play good for the nation tv audiences.

HOIST THE COLOURS!!!

LETS GO BUCS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

We need to win a game right now...Win tonight, and maybe that can get us going to a possible two out three or sweep of the mets.Got to get some confidence going.Last nights game may have been the most frustrating game to watch so far this year.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:We need to win a game right now...Win tonight, and maybe that can get us going to a possible two out three or sweep of the mets.Got to get some confidence going.Last nights game may have been the most frustrating game to watch so far this year.
It was and I was there.

Crowd tried to get the team going all night long. I guess the weather delay put a damper on the night for both teams because they both were going through the motions all night. The only time you could see either team in the dugout was the bottom of the 9th. The rest of the game everyone stayed on their seats in the dugouts.

Looks like tonights game will be delayed again as a strong line of storms is bearing down on the 'Burgh.

Hopefully, the Buccos can awaken the bats.

On a personal note, I think the Pirate organization should have a pregame ceremony in which we "Hoist The Colours" and prepare to win the game instead of Raising The Jolly Roger only after a win. The Jolly Roger was only displayed in an act to rally the ship as it went into battle and to serve notice and fear to the ship that was to be attacked.

Ask for no quarter and give no quarter.

HOIST THE COLOURS!!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Mister B wrote:
Black Panther wrote:We need to win a game right now...Win tonight, and maybe that can get us going to a possible two out three or sweep of the mets.Got to get some confidence going.Last nights game may have been the most frustrating game to watch so far this year.
It was and I was there.

Crowd tried to get the team going all night long. I guess the weather delay put a damper on the night for both teams because they both were going through the motions all night. The only time you could see either team in the dugout was the bottom of the 9th. The rest of the game everyone stayed on their seats in the dugouts.

Looks like tonights game will be delayed again as a strong line of storms is bearing down on the 'Burgh.

Hopefully, the Buccos can awaken the bats.

On a personal note, I think the Pirate organization should have a pregame ceremony in which we "Hoist The Colours" and prepare to win the game instead of Raising The Jolly Roger only after a win. The Jolly Roger was only displayed in an act to rally the ship as it went into battle and to serve notice and fear to the ship that was to be attacked.

Ask for no quarter and give no quarter.

HOIST THE COLOURS!!!
I like it...Good idea

Return to “Pro Sports”