2014 Cleveland Browns offseason

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: 2014 Cleveland Browns offseason

Post by dazed&confused »

Draft day is (finally) here. I sick of mock drafts and "experts" telling us what they would do with other people's money. Enough! Move the draft back April.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

I agree. Move the draft back to April.

The extra two weeks have driven me nuts (nuttier?)!

Cleveland trades the pick if Mack or Watkins are still available at 4. IMO.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

bdubya wrote:I agree. Move the draft back to April.

The extra two weeks have driven me nuts (nuttier?)!

Cleveland trades the pick if Mack or Watkins are still available at 4. IMO.
I agree 100% with your whole post. Great idea.

I would pick Blake Brotles before I would pick Johnny Football as an NFL QB. JMHO.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Johnny Football is bringing the road show to Cleveland.Cleveland will be a media frenzy from now on with this pick! Very strange moves in this draft with some the trades the Browns made, I thought the first one was good,the other 2 made my scratch my chin :aaaaa46

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Love everything cleveland did tonight.

Get an extra 1st and 4th rounder next year to move back and take 1st CB in draft. Make sure we got him for the cost of a 5th round pick.

Moved up with a 3rd to get ahead of KC for manziel. Preferred teddy myself, but ...

Manziel, btw, joins Quinn and Weeden as QBs selected by the Browns at 22.

Players we need for a profit. A win-win for cleveland, particularly with buffalo's first pick next year.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Well Manziel won't be throwing to Gordon next year! Caught hitting the hippy lettuce again :roll: should have got that trade after all,Watkins or Evans would really look good now.I can't believe the Browns brass didn't catch wind of this because it supposedly happened months ago and then draft one of them receivers,but oh well I think Browns fans are immune to this kind of stuff now.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I hope Farmer has a long range plan because I look at what we've done so far and I just don't get it. Maybe Manziel turns out to be Fran Tarkenton. I doubt it. More like Colt McCoy. I guess Gilbert will be a good corner but it just wasn't a sexy pick. And the Browns knew weeks ago about Gordon and still passed on receivers in the draft like they were 3 day old sushi. So I'll reserve judgment and just see how this turns out. But I can't help thinking we'll be on the clock immediately after the next two Super Bowls with a new coach and GM. Wow it's tough being a lifer Browns fan. :mad:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Overall, I am pleased at what the Browns did.........I am an admitted Johnny Football fan, and I think he is very capable of making the necessary adjustments to play in the NFL. Trading away the 4th pick to gain Buffalo's #1 in 2015 could be a blessing for next year. Gilbert and Haden could be a tough duo for opposing QB's to deal with. I think the pick of Boitonio, according to most of the experts, could result in him being a starter on the O-line. I wished we had picked Marquise Lee in the 2nd, but hopefully Boitonio will be as good as advertised. I like the other picks by the Browns, as they filled needs, and added some depth. They do have to address in some way the very obvious need for another receiver.

Very disappointing about Josh Gordon.........just when the Browns have a superstar in the making, he puts himself in harm's way and in turn hurts the entire Browns organization. I hope his loss can be filled, but it will be difficult.

I really think the 2014 Browns will be better IF the QB play is better........that's what it usually comes down to with most teams that struggle........and the Browns QB play has been mediocre for a long time (not counting Hoyer's 2 games in 2013, though). The defense will be better if the offense is more productive, and keeps the stop troops off the field more.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

TD, I hope your right about feeling good. Its just been way too long for things to break our way.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I don't understand why they signed Vince Young then one week later let him go without even suiting up during the off season :? Cleveland needs all the QBS they can get although I realize Young is no Peyton Manning or Tom Brady

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

C-Bolt wrote:I don't understand why they signed Vince Young then one week later let him go without even suiting up during the off season :? Cleveland needs all the QBS they can get although I realize Young is no Peyton Manning or Tom Brady
Young is no Brandon Weeden. :lol: Seriously, what were they thinking?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Well we're getting close to training camps. What does everyone think? I got my Browns at 7-9 on the season. Better but not there yet. I still think we don't have our QB.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Still don't know about Hoyer,he looked good until he got hurt, but it was just a small sample.Time will prove his mettle.Not sure how much of a chance he will get,after the second or third int you know what the fans will be screaming.I'll say 8-8 if the injuries don't pile up and odds are they should be better then they have been ,also the North Division might not be that tough again.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If the Browns play wide-open offense and the defense starts out strong i can see them having a better than .500 season going into the play-offs.

Return to “Pro Sports”