Talk Steelers Football.

ace63
SE

Re: Talk Steelers Football.

Post by ace63 »

manwithplan wrote:The Steelers are definitely in an unfamiliar situation. I mean its usually the situation that most haters on here are usually in. I guess I'll have to learn a new hobby, since the Reds, and Steelers aren't doing any good.
You could have a neighborhood quilting bee !!!!! lol

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Black Panther wrote:Got to keep Wallace.They are also trying to free up cap money to sign Cotchery too...That's why they are letting these older players go.That's how winning franchises do it...
Really

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

One of the problems the Steelers have had over the past 4 or 5 years is some of the players complaining instead of producing. Like Mendenhal/ who is gone. Wallace didn't like it when Brown and Sanders out produced him. Even though his speed made their game possible. Which has become a double edged sword because things seemed to come easier for them their first 2 years. They have not improved since if anything gone back a little. Wallace was easier to handle by the team with Ward in the club house.

Losing Rainey to him being a jerk hurt. Not that he didn't need to go but he could score anytime he touched the ball. Something the Steelers need especially on the kick/punt return teams. Then his college team mate Pouncey seems to be injury prone. He plays great but you can not count he will be healthy to play. Which hurts the entire line play. Which is not the best. When you look at the Super Bowl teams in the last 15 years. Most of the QB's hardly got touched except Ben. Those hits get harder as he gets older. A line O LINE Coach would be a help.

I like some others would luv to see all of the division teams play well. They all have things to overcome. The Steelers players need to quit banking on the past rings and produce on the field.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Terrible !!! they might not win 6 games, high draft pick.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Last Sunday's game made me want to vomit.The bengalls getting beat tonight and the fashion they got beat tonight was hilarious though!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

55 :roll: 55 :roll: 55 :roll: 55 :roll: p0ints :?:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Not very often to say but time to rebuild for the Steelers. New OC for sure. Need infusion of youth on defense.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Black Panther wrote:Stillers will be fine....
really ?

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Black Panther wrote:
thebig29 wrote:All I have to say here is one word " BALTIMORE"
The ravens will NEVER be on the Steelers level history wise.Or franchise wise for that matter....Come on, they were the original browns for crying out loud....the biggest chokers of all time...The Steelers are the MODEL franchise.Art Rooney Sr. has to be smiling in heaven....
drinking bad kool aid ?

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Black Panther wrote:Yeah but the Steelers are Winners even when they lose....Why? Because the have maybe the best ran franchise in sports.The bengals on the other hand only win enough to give their few fans false hope..
Really ? Would 2 wins be false hope ?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

win is a win an a Cinn L !!! Crazy NFL ,

Fools Gold
Waterboy

Post by Fools Gold »

That it is...Hey, were clearly not great this year, but cinn.is not as good as people think.Let's all be honest this division sucks this year.No matter who wins it they are going nowhere in the playoffs..I'm just glad in most years when the Steelers do make it hey have a chance.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Fools Gold wrote:That it is...Hey, were clearly not great this year, but cinn.is not as good as people think.Let's all be honest this division sucks this year.No matter who wins it they are going nowhere in the playoffs..I'm just glad in most years when the Steelers do make it hey have a chance.
That is true, but you are not the bengal basher i was talking too. Its open in the afc. pitt is still in it.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Isn't the NFL crazy? I mean, the steelers beat the jets, the jets beat the patriots, the patriots beat the steelers, steelers beat the lions, the lions beat the bears( twice), the bears beat the steelers, the steelers beat the ravens, the ravens beat the the bungles, the bungles beat the steelers. Life in the NFL.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

But Big Ben called 90% of the plays the 2nd half, that tells me alot like Big Ben is telling the Steelers brass something to!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

coach got to go

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Why?? The Steelers have had three coaches since 1969.And Mike is one of them....Don't tell me because of the sideline mishap.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Cowher players is what he won with ,now this stunt.sorry GO STEELERS

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Fair point.I hated to see Bill go but he had a very sick wife at that time that has since died.Most I don't think really knew at the time, but that was the real reason he left coaching.I know he was still at CBS, but that was a easier gig that the 24/7 of a NFL coach.If Mike goes someday, I'd take Bill back in a second if it were up to me.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Would you give up that cake job??? Some yes some no, love for the game. but any more its like playing 2 hand touch with all the new rules, that, and money is the down fall for the NFL. JMO

Return to “Pro Sports”