How Long Have You Been Following Your Favorite..............

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: How Long Have You Been Following Your Favorite..........

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Cleveland since I was 11 years old in 1951...........or maybe earlier I dont really remember.............

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Browns, Celtics and Reds since 1967- 10 years old.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I have been following the Bungels since 1983 until this year...When they signed TO I turned my back on them. I had to suffer through the 90's and I aint doing it anymore....

I have been following the Bulls since 1987, I watched Jordan do one of his high flying hand changinging in mid air from Half court dunks and I was hooked....

I have been a Reds fan since the day I was born. No matter how bad it has gotten I have rooted and cheered through and through.. I will be a Reds fan the day I die!

My first Hockey game memory was when I was about 7 I watched the Bruins spank the Red Wings and I fell in love with Boston at that moment.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

REDS FAN FROM DAY 1!!!! STEELERS FAN 1968.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Stiller fan since 1978
Pirate fan since 1988
Pitt fan since 1988
Penguin fan since 1990 (never rooted for any another NHL team)
I know you said Pro football,but I thought what the heck...

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Use to be a hard core Browns fan from the late 1960's until THE MOVE - thats the day the music died for me. Boxed up my Browns stuff and sent it to Art. Just can't get back to rooting for the Browns and really have a hard time watching the NFL these days. I was getting interested in the Steelers until Big Ben starting having problems keeping lil Ben in the barn.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Born in 1979

Buckeyes fan since 1984, first game I can remember was the 84 Iowa game.

Reds fan since 1985. Started playing baseball that year, and instantly picked the Reds.

Bengals fan since 1987. I have always held college football at a much higher regard than the NFL. when I decided to start watching NFL more, I was already a Reds fan, so I picked the Bengals and never looked back!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Philly Eagles ------1989 I believe,,,earliest memory would be Randall Cunningham against the Giants(I think) and on a fourth down the Eagles were going for it,,Randall was in the shotgun and the snap was to high, he punted the ball instead and it went over 70 yards, one of the longest punts in NFL history.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I been a Red's fan all my life. I can remember back in the Lee May, Bobby Tolan era and Johnny Bench's rookie year. I have liked the Dolphins since the Czonka, Kick. Warfield, Greesie and Morris days. I have always liked the Buckeyes, I will never forget meeting Archie. Pro basketball I have never liked one team long. I liked the Lakers when Wilt and West played I also liked the Bucks when Big O and Kareem were there. I liked the Warriors with Barry, then I liked Celtics with Bird, but don't really have a team now. Boxing I always liked Frazier, I always rooted against Ali.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Born in 1979

Buckeyes fan since 1984, first game I can remember was the 84 Iowa game.

Reds fan since 1985. Started playing baseball that year, and instantly picked the Reds.

Bengals fan since 1987. I have always held college football at a much higher regard than the NFL. when I decided to start watching NFL more, I was already a Reds fan, so I picked the Bengals and never looked back!
Dub,
Best game in 1984 was the OSU-Illinois game. That was the comeback at the shoe with Keith Byars losing his shoe at mid-field en route to a touchdown. To this day one of the greatest OSU games I ever watched on TV.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Started following the Brown,Celtics,Yankees around the age of 10

Have also followed the Reds, Bengals

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

As a young lad of 10 in 1967, started playing baseball and watching the reds. Made reds my team . I watch bengals and browns as a boy but fell in love with bengals when ken anderson and company went to the superbowl in 1982. I thought the was the greatest. Became a bengal fan and have not turned back. Im old school, Thats my team and you stick with them in the good times and the bad times. That makes it special.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

I have been a Steeler fan since I was knee high to a tadpole

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Born on 1964

Had every basaball card including rookie cards the Reds made from the 60s up to 75 and was a die hard reds fan. ( came home from school one day to discover my mom had a whole house cleaning day and the trash man had already gone) :evil: :cry:

Was a die hard Steelers fan when I was little. Loved the Terrry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Mean Joe Green, and the Steel Curtain days.

Buckeye fan since I can remember.

When I joined the Army I swithed my NFL team to a Ohio team and chose the Browns because I have always wondered why anyone would cheer for the Bengals. :mrgreen:

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

manwithplan wrote:I have been a Steeler fan since I was knee high to a tadpole

2005 ????

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

ace63 wrote:
manwithplan wrote:I have been a Steeler fan since I was knee high to a tadpole

2005 ????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: More like 1978

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

gahs4ever wrote:Mister B:

Do you remember back in 1995 after the Browns left that the owner of the Buffalo Bills, Ralph Wilson, said he understood our pain and said he would hold a section of seats for disillusioned Browns fans. He said he hoped the Bills would become our team until we got our team back. Buffalo is only 90 miles from Cleveland.

I still have the Buffalo Bills sweatshirt my daughter in law got me for Christmas that year.
I remember and have a lot of respect of him for doing so. However, the Browns were on tv almost every week, the Bills were never on in my area so I never got interested in the Bills.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

buckeyes since birth in every sport-----------same with reds. dad watched the browns till i was 8 in 1968. never really liked them, but with 1 tv , you watched what dad watched. then in 68. i was 8 years old and the bengals started, have been biten and beaten, by the orange and black every since.

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

I had always sorta watched the Reds since I was born in 1992, but I started following the Bengals when I was flipping through the channels in 2001, when I was 9. Decemember 16, 2001, the Bengals lost to the Jets 15-14. But after that I was always a fan.

Sweet Pea
Freshman Team

Post by Sweet Pea »

Browns fan as long as i can remember; but the earliest big memory, when i was 14. One of my little brothers was playing in a peewee allstar basketball tourny and we had to leave before the browns/raiders afc title game in 1981... I wanted to stay home and watch it - but couldn't. So once we got to the tourny in south point, i walked past a classroom down one of the halls and it was a 'coaches' hospitatlity room and they had the game on...so i kept sneaking back down there to watch my brownies make it to the SUPER BOWL....only to watch 'Red Right 88' and the biggest disappointment of my life so far as a sportsfan....then the 'drive' and 'fumble' ----i made it thru all of that...but still having a hard time getting over the biggest --- 'the move'.

late
sweetpea

Return to “Pro Sports”