BATTLE OF OHIO -CINCINNATI VS. CLEVELAND YOUR THOUGHTS.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: BATTLE OF OHIO -CINCINNATI VS. CLEVELAND YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Yes Cincy did make the playoff. Will you be watching the reds, the only cincy team in the playoffs this year..

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:just got on here. had family up today. the browns played a very physical game and deserved the win. bengals too many mistakes. dang that browns back hollis, is a beast. what is the deal with the guy that injured shipley. how was he not ejected. i just caught the tail end of it. but it looed very dirty and deliberate. we still got outplayed. but i've always thought the browns secondary was flat out dirty. i was at cleveland many years ago. and either hanford dixon , or minnifield caught i think it was collinsworth coming across the middle. helmet to helmet, knocked c.c out cold. but as they were going to a tv time out, dixon and minnifield crawled around him hiking their legs around him , like they were peeing on him, in front of that nutty dogpound. i've never liked them since. i'd rather beat them than the steelers anyday. because of that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

gahs4ever wrote:The Ward hit on Shipley was definitely not dirty; not by a long shot. It WAS a violation of NFL rules and a penalty was justified and perhaps a fine, but if it was "head hunting" Ward wouldnt have led with his shoulder. It was not helmet to helmet and Ive seen the replays more times than I should have. Bait, you've played football and you should know that when a player is committed to a play he cant just stop on a dime.

If the Browns had 11 Wards we'd be in the Super Bowl, and Im glad we have him. Havent seen his likes in Cleveland since the late, great Eric Turner.

Since my Browns arent playoff worthy yet, I dont care who makes the playoffs, although it did my heart good to knock the Steelers out last year. I have seen nothing out of Cincinnati to suggest they will win half their games, even though they are supposed to have all the offensive pieces to the puzzle in place. Benson at RB, a healthy Palmer at QB, 85 and 81 at the wide mouth position, and now Gresham at TE. What more do you want, although a better O-line might help.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i drug my post back here, because i thought i worded it, as seeing the tail end of it. which is all i did see. i had company here, and the sound down on the tv , and did not see the initial hit. thats what i was asking. i've not seen it over. i was basically going on the reaction of what others saw. and the announcers. and if he got fined , it was probably at least questionable. with replays and all. but as i stated, i just saw him laying there, and 1 replay. i thought it was helmet to helmet. i would not say the browns are not playoff worthy at all, especially in what i feel is the hard hittingest division in football, jmho.they nearly beat the ravens, and handled the bengals. this is truley a week to week division. palmer is like pryor right now on the run from a pourous line. and though he looked some better this week, something is still lacking with him. i think he can't throw of his plant leg, and drive through it the way he wants. on paper they seem to have the pieces , but are not filling out the puzzle on the field. i personally think they will make the playoffs, in a division that is definately anybodies to win. but they better get it in gear, already a fourth of the way through the season.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

you better belive in the old days of "real football' when you catch the football in the endzone, you would have goten popped twice as hard as that as the defenders is trying to knock the ball lose....and the recievers head off...I miss FOOTBALL.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

After watching the best darn sports show (browns show) I watch the review with them and they said yes it was helment to helment. YEs it was. Both helments even compressed with the hit. Browns coach said it was too and told ward to hit lower. Ward said he didnt have time to think. Maybe. But there was no mistake that it was. Even the browns orgainization said it was. SSSooo if the browns say it was. Are they lying ????

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Browns 20-17. Move on!

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

» Browns defensive cornerback T.J. Ward reportedly got fined $15,000 for his hit the Bengals labeled “a cheap shot” and gave wide receiver Jordan Shipley a concussion last Sunday. Safety Chinedum Ndukwe didn’t get fined despite getting flagged for his hit on Cleveland tight end Ben Watson, a hit he says was appealed and judged within the rules. In an interview on The Morning Line Wednesday, Bengals wide receiver Terrell Owens ripped Browns head coach Eric Mangini for defending Ward, saying “90 percent of his own players don’t like him.”

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

hey, i'm kinda glad you guys beat my bengals, i was thinking you might take us off your schedule. kidding of course. you all played a very physical game. and i just stated a fact about what i saw one night in cleveland. acting as if your peeing on a player as he lays knocked out is not football. it is thug stuff. you know i like football as physical as i can watch it, the more bangin the better. but what i described, and saw with my own eyes, was flat out wrong. don't even try to make me out as a whiner. i call them like i see them, we got outplayed. but i definately think we'll be in the playoffs, and i still think we'll win the division, even though we have the 4th toughest schedule in the nfl. THATS FOOTBALL
No thats Ironton. :122245

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

On the browns red zone show,they called up mike pereira the ref that looks over games to make sure the refs are doing there job. He said it was the worse cheap shot he ever saw. He had no intent to tackle him and the ball was on the ground.
This person is why we made the rule. he needs to be coached better and learn the rules. He was fined to teach him a lesson. you cannot lead with your helment.

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

The hit was a reaction in a spit second. How can you teach a guy to change a split second reaction. You cant do it. It was not a dirty hit in my books. Its football. You will get violent hits.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ace63 wrote:» Browns defensive cornerback T.J. Ward reportedly got fined $15,000 for his hit the Bengals labeled “a cheap shot” and gave wide receiver Jordan Shipley a concussion last Sunday. Safety Chinedum Ndukwe didn’t get fined despite getting flagged for his hit on Cleveland tight end Ben Watson, a hit he says was appealed and judged within the rules. In an interview on The Morning Line Wednesday, Bengals wide receiver Terrell Owens ripped Browns head coach Eric Mangini for defending Ward, saying “90 percent of his own players don’t like him.”

yeah like anything TO says is credible...to bad it wasnt that idiot that got layed out....

like I said, they are ruining football..I have more fun watching college, not as many cry babies

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BigDintigertown775 wrote:The hit was a reaction in a spit second. How can you teach a guy to change a split second reaction. You cant do it. It was not a dirty hit in my books. Its football. You will get violent hits.

you are right,and now the NFL is making it hard for players to play the game without having to worry about penaltys and fines..ITS STUPID!!!

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

As long as a player leads with his facemask and not the crown of the helmet it should be a clean hit period. Thats how you are trained to hit and tackle from grade school on up.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Maybe if he could read he would learn the rules.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Its your team, why dont you dust off your stone tablet and teach him. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Pro Sports”