LBJ in south beach

mister b
SEOP

Re: LBJ in south beach

Post by mister b »

classof86 wrote:I just like LeBron

OK, I can respect that.

I could have respected LeBron more if he would have been a leader and had been the first one to announce where he was going, even if it wasn't Cleveland.

If this wasn't LeBron, I would have thought David Stern would have started an investigation into tampering by Pat Riley, which I think there was, but it will never happen since the NBA has proven that some of it's games are fixed by the refs and Stern doesn't want to tarnish the NBA anymore than what it has, plus, the strike that is looming on the horizon is spreading another dark cloud.

College basketball and what you accomplish there as a player carries more weight with me than what you do as a pro. I don't like Tom Izzo, but I respect him for staying at MSU. Plus, he knew LeBron wasn't going to be there.

I feel for Bryon Scott, Cavs new head coach, I think he was led by LeBron himself that he would be back. At least the Cavs have a true coach in Scott and they have lots of cap room to build a team from the ground up.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Way to go LeBron you are now DWade's Scottie Pippen. :aaaaa59

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

1. You can't put anybody on the level of Michael Jordan, not even Kobe.
2.Kobe wins with Shaq, then with Gasol Artest Odom Bynum

I do agree that he might have did this all the wrong way, but you can't fault him for leaving Cleveland. He wants championships and I myself dont believe Cleveland would do that for him. I lost all respect for the Cavs when the owner released that statement.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Kobe won with and without Shaq. I don't like Kobe but he is the MAN on the Lakers. Everybody else is there to support Kobe.

Jorda was the MAN on the Bulls. Everybody else was there to support him.

D-Wade is the MAN on the Heat. Everybody else is there to support him.

Give Chicago credit, they gave no perks to Jordan and said no to LeBrons perks of...
1. hiring his friend into the organization
2. courtside seats for his family and friends at the expense of the organization
3. allowing his entoruage to fly on the team charter jet to all the games

The Cavs did all of this. My guess is that the Heat will have 2 charter jets, 1 for rest of the team and the second for Wade, LeBron and Bosh with their possees.

After a few trips, Wade and Bosh's possees will probably ask for a 3rd jet for Gloria, LeBron's mom. ;-)

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Going to be intereting to see how three huge ego's play together. Sometimes you can have all the best player's, but if they can't play well together, it is all for nothing. Who will be the first man-diva to start throwing a fit? :?: :?:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

As an avid hater of ALL things Cleveland, this day is one of the best days I have ever had.

Long Live the KING!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Once the mistake on the lake always the mistake on the lake!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I like spike lees comments.

one ball is not enough!

the celtics,and Lakers will still be better then the heat!

the heat will NEVER win a Title with these 3!

:mrgreen: :lol:

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Hey GAHS4ever,
I know you said you hated the Celtics, then gave them grudging credit for the way they go about their business. C'mon over to the Dark Side. I'm a big Browns fan (always have been) but I've always been a Celtics fan (before there was a Cleveland Cavalier team) because of Havlicek. The Browns are my first love but I still have a bad tatse in my mouth because of what Modell did. The politicians of Cleveland don't get off scott-free either because they built The Jake to keep the Indians in town and that paved the way for Modell to take the Browns to Baltimore. Spare me because I'm not defending him (I think his handling of Paul Brown jinxed the Browns forever) but how different would the sports atmosphere be in Cleveland if the Indians had left (nobody watches them) and the Q had never been built. I aint losing no sleep over Lebron. The Heat are now just a newer version of the '77 Philadelphia 76ers (Google it). And how about the class of the Cavs owner? Did he write his diatribe in crayon? Meanwhile, my Celtics have quietly re-signed their players and upgraded the roster. 8) Go Browns! Go Celtics!

whitey
Riding the Bench

Post by whitey »

It's funny that all of you think it matters to Lebron that he is on Wade's team and is now "Wade's Pippen." I'm sure that crossed his mind and obviously it wasn't enough to deter him from going to Miami. Sometimes you have to think with your head and not your heart. I love it how all the Cavs fan loved what Gilbert said because that letter just cost the Cavs any type of a decent free agent for the entire tenure of Gilbert's ownership. Congrats on further misery Cavs fans.
Last edited by whitey on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Post by Spenceman »

noreply66 wrote:The Cavs had their chance to help James out by getting top players to help get a title and they went out and picked up average talent. They didn't show they really wanted a title. Another failure in Cleveland. I just became a Heat fan again.

Go James

well said i agree...with cavs owner commit about LBJ kinda make me hate the cavs even more and i seen that they he said they would win a NBA title before LBJ would i dont think so lol

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

gahs4ever wrote:A King has to have a throne. And while everyone is entitled to their own opinion; IMO it is pretty ignorant to hate an entire city. What did anyone in Cleveland ever do to you?

Cleveland fans are among the most passionate and loyal in all of professional sports, and what has all of that fervor got them the last 40+ years? Zero NFL championships and an owner that ripped the heart out of the community. Zero World Series championships. And zero NBA championships with one of "their own" even turning his back on his region.

Name another city that has had to live with that kind of sports heritage.

And they get everything they deserve!!!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Cavs owner, Dan Gilbert, also owns the high definition decal company called Fathead.

Today on the Fathead website the LeBron James full sized Cavs decal that is regularly priced at $99,
was marked down to $17.41

You may be asking, why $17.41, that is the year in which N=the worlds most famous Traitor, Benedict Arnold, was born.

I actually liked LeBron, even though he had to suffer through 7 years of playing in that crap hole.
I do like the hard "crazy person" stance that Gilbert is taking, it's funny.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Why even have teams in small markets. The NBA has made it clear that these teams will not win a title. Lebron just reiterated that fact.

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

I gave him too much credit. I thought he was different. He was made of better stuff. I guess it amazes me that these athletes have everything, they have all the money they are ever going to need, the have the admiration of the public and their fans and what do they do with it? They trash the one thing that could have made them different. Their legacy. His might have been one of the most beloved players in the history of their city. Could have been a legend. Do you think Tiger isn't thinking about what he has done to his legacy.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

There has not been much talk about what Gilbert said about Lebron quitting during the playoffs. In my eyes from watching the games Lebron did not seem to be mentally in the games. But there has been talk about how Lebron has had many things in Akron instead of Cleveland including his home. That is why he could care less that he supported teams in other sports not in Cleveland.
Lebron has figured it out he does not have it to be the man to win he needs someone else to take the pressure off him. Maybe his legacy he can be a caddy to Tiger while he is in Florida.

Lebron can do whatever he wants but the way this was done on his part leaves the Cavs in a tough position to bring in competitive players this year. It now becomes hard to believe anything that LeBron has to say.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Cavs fans just need to quit crying

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

We know he doesn't have what it takes to get a championship on his own, he is a great regular season player, but not to great in the playoffs. He will have someone to take the pressure shots now.

MM125
Riding the Bench

Post by MM125 »

gahs4ever wrote:
Long Live the KING!

A King has to have a throne. And while everyone is entitled to their own opinion; IMO it is pretty ignorant to hate an entire city. What did anyone in Cleveland ever do to you?

Cleveland fans are among the most passionate and loyal in all of professional sports, and what has all of that fervor got them the last 40+ years? Zero NFL championships and an owner that ripped the heart out of the community. Zero World Series championships. And zero NBA championships with one of "their own" even turning his back on his region.

Name another city that has had to live with that kind of sports heritage.

Oh and don't forget one of the most arrogant, cocky, rude and unsatisfied. I'm glad James left them in the dirt

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

classof86 wrote:Cavs fans just need to quit crying

Both of them! :aaaaa8

Return to “Pro Sports”