Who wins the MVL 2024

Browns4life
Waterboy

Who wins the MVL 2024

Post by Browns4life »

Let’s have a little fun. Who do you think wins the big and small division. Gonna be hard not to pick TV in the big division. I think New Lex comes back and wins the small.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Re: Who wins the MVL 2024

Post by Play60Football »

Tri-Valley Big
New Lex Small

Based on what teams bring back. Morgan will take a step back and West will as well.
Sheridan will take a step back in the big IMO

Browns4life
Waterboy

Post by Browns4life »

Play60Football wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:27 pm Tri-Valley Big
New Lex Small

Based on what teams bring back. Morgan will take a step back and West will as well.
Sheridan will take a step back in the big IMO
Right, I would have picked West,they return some really good players but with needing almost an entire new OL and an entire new DL, I think the small school goes to NL

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

How will Maysville compete moving to the small school division? Only went 2-3 against small school opponents last season, but most years they fair pretty well against those teams.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

pioneer19 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:07 am How will Maysville compete moving to the small school division? Only went 2-3 against small school opponents last season, but most years they fair pretty well against those teams.
I honestly forgot about the switch. Maysville does return some bodies....Big Bodies. And it seems they figured out the QB position at the end of the season.
1. NL
2. Maysville
3. West
4. Meadowbrook
5. Coshocton
6. Crooksville

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

Big School

1. TV
2. Sheridan
3. JG
4. Philo
5. Morgan
6. River View

MVLfan
Waterboy

Post by MVLfan »

BIG
Tri Valley
Sheridan
John Glenn
Philo
Morgan
River View

TV brings back a ton of experience and talent. Theirs to lose. Sheridan will be toughest competition because they are the best coached team in the league. Don’t expect them to go runner up quietly. John Glenn is the divider between the upper and lower echelons; well coached and competitive. Philo and Morgan could easily flip flop here as they are similar in talent/culture, but both lost a good bit last year. I’d give the edge to Philo as Morgan gets their first season in the big division in the books. River View played a lot of 9th graders last year. Looking at the new enrollment numbers, RV could very well be in the small division in 4 years, assuming they’re still in the league.

SMALL
New Lex
Coshocton
West M
Maysville
Meadowbrook
Crooksville

New Lex lost everyone a year ago and bring back nearly everyone this year. Their big question mark each year is the big guys up front. Coshocton is the under the radar team that could compete for the league title. Had some really good MS classes and took West to the wire a year ago. Keep your eye on the redskins. West is too well coached to fall off completely, but they will take a step back with their losses on the lines and Sesay. Maysville will be salivating coming down to the small division, but they’re unpredictable. Meadowbrook has been playing young the last few years and should take some steps forward. However, they nearly lost, and probably should have, lost to Crooksville a year ago if they don’t fumble. Crooksville could jump Meadowbrook and wouldn’t shock me.

Play60Football
Riding the Bench

Post by Play60Football »

MVLfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:34 pm BIG
Tri Valley
Sheridan
John Glenn
Philo
Morgan
River View

TV brings back a ton of experience and talent. Theirs to lose. Sheridan will be toughest competition because they are the best coached team in the league. Don’t expect them to go runner up quietly. John Glenn is the divider between the upper and lower echelons; well coached and competitive. Philo and Morgan could easily flip flop here as they are similar in talent/culture, but both lost a good bit last year. I’d give the edge to Philo as Morgan gets their first season in the big division in the books. River View played a lot of 9th graders last year. Looking at the new enrollment numbers, RV could very well be in the small division in 4 years, assuming they’re still in the league.

SMALL
New Lex
Coshocton
West M
Maysville
Meadowbrook
Crooksville

New Lex lost everyone a year ago and bring back nearly everyone this year. Their big question mark each year is the big guys up front. Coshocton is the under the radar team that could compete for the league title. Had some really good MS classes and took West to the wire a year ago. Keep your eye on the redskins. West is too well coached to fall off completely, but they will take a step back with their losses on the lines and Sesay. Maysville will be salivating coming down to the small division, but they’re unpredictable. Meadowbrook has been playing young the last few years and should take some steps forward. However, they nearly lost, and probably should have, lost to Crooksville a year ago if they don’t fumble. Crooksville could jump Meadowbrook and wouldn’t shock me.
If I recall NL will return a lot the next 2 years, and they're coached well.

West is coached very well but the loss of 4-5 4 year starters on the OL/DL will be rough, add losing a kid who touched the ball almost every play. I think they'll beat the teams they should beat and lose to the teams they should lose too, whatever that looks like we'll know closer to the season. Also with the new coach at ZVille can he keep the Zville kids at home and not going to West and surroundings.

Meadowbrook returns A LOT from last year but they weren't very competitive against the upper MVL teams so are they really going to be making a jump, could be stagnant like you said. But they have some classes coming up. Opening with TV is interesting..... go test yourself vs on paper one of the best TV teams they've ever had.

Maysville and Coshocton are up and down week to week. nothing will surprise me with those 2.... As stated Coshocton "Should" of beat West last year! But they got thumped by Maysville so who knows.

Crooksville played a lot of young guys last year, talent seems to be in the younger grades. Heard they had a lot of injuries too, when they came to West their sideline was 50/50 in street clothes! They're to small, they'll take a beating again this year.... best case is to sneak one early like they almost did vs Meadowbrook..... Maybe Morgan will drop off!

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Big
Tri-Valley. I don't think anyone will even get close to beating them in the MVL. BUT, after 2024 Tri-Valley is going to drop back quite a bit. I'm guessing they will still be top 3, but Coach West will need to "coach'em up" a good bit to get a league title.

The rest: Sheridan, John Glenn, Philo, Morgan, ...........................................................................River View

Small
This is going to be really competitive. Except for Crooksville, the other 5 are capable of beating each other on any given Friday.
I'll go with:
1. New Lex - been extremely strong in JH football the last several years. If titles don't start coming, gotta wonder about the coaching.
2. West M - solid coaching
3. Coshocton
4. Maysville
5. Meadowbrook

6. Crooksville

Return to “Football”