Post by EasternDspy »

They will be one of the schools in Road to Glory
Attachments
IMG_6647.jpeg

TigerBob
All Conference

Re: Ironton selected for Ea College Football 25

Post by TigerBob »

You can recruit as Ironton. Won’t be realistic because the Tiger Clan apartments are much nicer in the game but that’s Ok.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

To be fair, in the 2014 edition of the game you were able to put in any school. It also had Ironton, Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Athens as towns to put as your home town. Unsure of what this truly means have to wait for the game to come out and see

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

My guess is that with player likeness and the changes made any location that has 1 or more D1 players is probably going to be listed. As above poster said other local locations have been listed.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Use to be able to edit your entire 8 or 10 game schedule in.like you could make every team you play it be basic but it get the job done.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:08 pm To be fair, in the 2014 edition of the game you were able to put in any school. It also had Ironton, Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Athens as towns to put as your home town. Unsure of what this truly means have to wait for the game to come out and see
exactly. all it will do is allow you to list your hometown when creating a player for Road to Glory. it was always like this with the old games. this is just another Ironton gimmick to prop themselves up on a pedestal for something insignificant. "look at me look at me"

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:08 am
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:08 pm To be fair, in the 2014 edition of the game you were able to put in any school. It also had Ironton, Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Athens as towns to put as your home town. Unsure of what this truly means have to wait for the game to come out and see
exactly. all it will do is allow you to list your hometown when creating a player for Road to Glory. it was always like this with the old games. this is just another Ironton gimmick to prop themselves up on a pedestal for something insignificant. "look at me look at me"
Being an actually entity pre-programmed into the game for Road To Glory mode etc, with stadium likeness etc, is a little bit different than "Create a school" from the good ole days... keep hating and we keep winning!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Mission15 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:18 am
Being an actually entity pre-programmed into the game for Road To Glory mode etc, with stadium likeness etc, is a little bit different than "Create a school" from the good ole days... keep hating and we keep winning!
Is there an official link by EA sports that shows all the teams in the game?

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

wobycat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:20 pm

Zero high school programs have been announced by EA. I also find it hard to believe they would take the time and assets to visit Tanks and then 3d render and model the stadium for the game they still have bigger fish to fry. On top of that I seriously doubt Ironton is in the game before Moeller, Iggy, IMG, John Bosco imo

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I mean, I can see them as a pre-loaded high school. But just wondering if they have a link. It's much ado about nothing anyway.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:02 pm I mean, I can see them as a pre-loaded high school. But just wondering if they have a link. It's much ado about nothing anyway.
With Google Maps, its not that hard to get a decent looking replica, but this is all speculation.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:52 pm

Zero high school programs have been announced by EA. I also find it hard to believe they would take the time and assets to visit Tanks and then 3d render and model the stadium for the game they still have bigger fish to fry. On top of that I seriously doubt Ironton is in the game before Moeller, Iggy, IMG, John Bosco imo
When EA did the last couple of College Football games, the portion of RTG mode that has the high school customization was really shallow. The cities by state were preloaded, with only 20 or so to choose from, and they were cities that don’t even have high schools assigned to them proper (e.g. Middleburg Heights :roll: )

I doubt ‘25 will have the an RTG that goes as deep as pre-loaded high schools, considering there’s a lot of development required to wrap their hands around the college players’ name/image & likeness that they didn’t have to concern themselves with a decade ago. Even if they do, there might only be 15-20 nationally that make the cut like you said.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:54 pm

When EA did the last couple of College Football games, the portion of RTG mode that has the high school customization was really shallow. The cities by state were preloaded, with only 20 or so to choose from, and they were cities that don’t even have high schools assigned to them proper (e.g. Middleburg Heights :roll: )

I doubt ‘25 will have the an RTG that goes as deep as pre-loaded high schools, considering there’s a lot of development required to wrap their hands around the college players’ name/image & likeness that they didn’t have to concern themselves with a decade ago. Even if they do, there might only be 15-20 nationally that make the cut like you said.

Yep I recall it very vividly it was neat but as you said some cities that got assigned high schools that didn’t exist.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:54 pm

This is true, but you could always use Team Builder to create an authentic schedule with correct uniforms. Most schools had accurate uniforms already out there to download (created by the community). The playoffs weren't editable though. I remember taking Marietta to the state title just for a rematch with the Parkersburg Big Reds at Ohio Stadium. :lol:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I use to create the entire PVC and put them in the game.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

I havent found any link on the game or its release that discusses this yet.

Per the original post seen above, where did Ironton football social media content creator(s) find the facts to base this post on? I'd be very interested to see or read about it.

Return to “Football”