Irontons Shaun Terry Committed to Notre Dame

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Irontons Shaun Terry Committed to Notre Dame

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Irontons Shaun Terry on his commitment to play football for the University of Notre Dame.

Go Fighting Tigers………

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Irontons Shaun Terry Committed to Notre Dame

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I caught this on Twitter.
Congrats.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:54 pm Congratulations to Irontons Shaun Terry on his commitment to play football for the University of Notre Dame.

Go Fighting Tigers………
Congrats to the young man. Great choice!

As a ND fan, I now have to cheer for Terry’s success, except for the Burg game :)

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Congrats to him but what in the world is Ohio State doing??? You’ve been to Ironton before and signed a kid from there and you don’t even bother to go after him. I mean seriously what a a joke OSU. And some may say he’s not good enough for their receiver room. Yet he’s good enough for NDs and had USC go after him who’s sent multiple WRs to the NFL

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:54 pm Congrats to him but what in the world is Ohio State doing??? You’ve been to Ironton before and signed a kid from there and you don’t even bother to go after him. I mean seriously what a a joke OSU. And some may say he’s not good enough for their receiver room. Yet he’s good enough for NDs and had USC go after him who’s sent multiple WRs to the NFL
True, but OSU wr recruiting has been ridiculous. They seem to land every 5-star available.

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

Love to see SE Ohio getting the attention of P5 schools! Would have enjoyed seeing him stay closer to home, but will be rooting for him to succeed!

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:39 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:54 pm Congrats to him but what in the world is Ohio State doing??? You’ve been to Ironton before and signed a kid from there and you don’t even bother to go after him. I mean seriously what a a joke OSU. And some may say he’s not good enough for their receiver room. Yet he’s good enough for NDs and had USC go after him who’s sent multiple WRs to the NFL
True, but OSU wr recruiting has been ridiculous. They seem to land every 5-star available.
No denying it but you’d think Hartline being an Ohio native would at least made more of an effort to get home grown talent. The #1 RB from Moeller he’s going to Michigan of all places. Regardless happy for Terry wishing him the best of luck moving forward even if it’s a team that I have a rivalry with

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:08 pm
No denying it but you’d think Hartline being an Ohio native would at least made more of an effort to get home grown talent. The #1 RB from Moeller he’s going to Michigan of all places. Regardless happy for Terry wishing him the best of luck moving forward even if it’s a team that I have a rivalry with
The kid is electric, but he wouldn’t play at Ohio State. The difference in the WR rooms at Ohio State and ND are massive. Look at a guy like Jayden Ballard, he’s explosive like Terry, and can barely get on the field. Can’t jump after every recruit in the state.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:42 pm

The kid is electric, but he wouldn’t play at Ohio State. The difference in the WR rooms at Ohio State and ND are massive. Look at a guy like Jayden Ballard, he’s explosive like Terry, and can barely get on the field. Can’t jump after every recruit in the state.
The difficulty w d5 seo products is they don't have much experience vs D1 level talent so while they may be fast or big or whatever, they lack the technique you need to compete with kids just as fast at every position or even faster and bigger. Carrico had raw tools but he ran over everyone in d5. He never needed technique to rely on until he got in a LB position room in Columbus. Which is why he is now in a less talented, less deep wvu LB room.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:09 pm

The difficulty w d5 seo products is they don't have much experience vs D1 level talent so while they may be fast or big or whatever, they lack the technique you need to compete with kids just as fast at every position or even faster and bigger. Carrico had raw tools but he ran over everyone in d5. He never needed technique to rely on until he got in a LB position room in Columbus. Which is why he is now in a less talented, less deep wvu LB room.
Carrico shoulda transferred to a prep program like img for example his senior season to gain 1 full season against equal or better talent before he reported to Columbus. Would.have served him well to gain that experience and develop some technique to rely on prior to the culture shock he encountered in Columbus.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:09 pm

Terry has never ran a route against true D1 top level defensive back. He doesn't get exposed to that. Not regularly or even semi regularly. That isn't available.
So he's either a natural or.. there will be a 2 year learning curve at least. Tough to overcome sometimes and more so now. Nobody is gonna wait on a kid to develop for 3 yrs at a skill position. It's basically plug and play or hit the portal.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Totally understand that and agree but not even go after him at all? Just upsetting that in state talent just gets scanned over. USC and such made the trip to Ironton did anyone from Ohio State come south to him?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:07 pm

Totally understand that and agree but not even go after him at all? Just upsetting that in state talent just gets scanned over. USC and such made the trip to Ironton did anyone from Ohio State come south to him?
Hartline was in Ironton about 2 weeks ago.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

The best players in Ohio go to THE University of Michigan. Ask Charles Woodson and Desmond Howard.

Better yet, ask Zach Harrison who was a Michigan lean the whole way, but stayed close to home because he "didn't want to lose in the rivalry game"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Gotta love it when payback bites ya in the ass

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

right, 5'9" 165lbs isn't on their radar

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Ryan Day isn't from Ohio so maybe that is why Ohio talent doesn't interest him. Perfect example is the running back from Moeller. Mr Ohio that goes to Michigan. Now tell me this kid didn't run against D1 talent.

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Congratulations I am big ND fan.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:15 am
His size to me isn’t an issue.He might still be just 16,maybe just turned 17.Can’t tackle what you can’t touch. :)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

artisgilmore wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:40 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:15 am

His size to me isn’t an issue.He might still be just 16,maybe just turned 17.Can’t tackle what you can’t touch. :)
He’s actually 5’10 - 180 all muscle right now.

Return to “Football”