Gallia Academy 2024

Thegreenwave
Riding the Bench

Re: GA football

Post by Thegreenwave »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:07 am GA would be lucky to get Jared McClellan.

Question is: Would he take the job?

He like many others has been put through some tough times by outside the program forces and has had a front row seat to what happens to head coaches.

McClellan is a solid man and a darn good football coach. If he gets the job I'll be excited to see where he can take the Blue Devils.
He will take them to the bottom!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Who's at fault ? This starts long before this soap, I called him Captain Jack, keeping the right ones happy,Now here we go again,why no new field they had there chance, but no because of name change So Jackson said hel yes so Holzer field, once more win for Jackson, Coaching by rights Penrod should not have lost the job,Why he wanted it is beyond me , because he was asst. At Gallia first go around, gave it to another kiss a$$ ,Rob Woodward then his story GA grad asst.also hell, no maybe over farm land Who knows ? Burg is still laughing also, Got to keep everyone else happy,and Toler most from the county, ? And trying to take over The AD how many times has it changed since Wamsley was there, ? Alot of terrible moves over the years for what to keep the right ones happy, Good luck because it's a sewer. And smells like like the football field surprised the State hasn't stepped in from all the sewer water when it floods 😂

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Love this post. One thing we can both agree on is that there is stupid aplenty in the twon called Gallon O'Piss.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:14 am Love this post. One thing we can both agree on is that there is stupid aplenty in the twon called Gallon O'Piss.
The one thing GA powers have done well the past few years is stupid. Yep, they have stupid down pat. Stupid is as stupid does.

Flaconflyer89
Waterboy

Post by Flaconflyer89 »

Have they took the job posting down?

tackle81
Waterboy

Post by tackle81 »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:07 am GA would be lucky to get Jared McClellan.

He like many others has been put through some tough times by outside the program forces and has had a front row seat to what happens to head coaches.

McClellan is a solid man and a darn good football coach. If he gets the job I'll be excited to see where he can take the Blue Devils.
From the few basketball games i’ve seen, I think he should be okay. He’s already kowtowing to the same family that ran Carter off. He’s already playing one of the family members, even though he’s clearly out of place.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:07 am Who's at fault ? This starts long before this soap, I called him Captain Jack, keeping the right ones happy,Now here we go again,why no new field they had there chance, but no because of name change So Jackson said hel yes so Holzer field, once more win for Jackson, Coaching by rights Penrod should not have lost the job,Why he wanted it is beyond me , because he was asst. At Gallia first go around, gave it to another kiss a$$ ,Rob Woodward then his story GA grad asst.also hell, no maybe over farm land Who knows ? Burg is still laughing also, Got to keep everyone else happy,and Toler most from the county, ? And trying to take over The AD how many times has it changed since Wamsley was there, ? Alot of terrible moves over the years for what to keep the right ones happy, Good luck because it's a sewer. And smells like like the football field surprised the State hasn't stepped in from all the sewer water when it floods 😂
I agree I think the state and environmental people should step in and close the field down. I lived there for about 12 years and I remember the field being totally under water. I guess they do not care about the the kids.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

That place is a dump. Can’t believe that town got no more community pride than to let their kids play in a swamp. They should let the football team use Swamp Devils as a logo. That’s more fitting.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Blame those that wanted the city school moved to a cow field out of town and didn't write in funding for the field to be moved or built unlike both county schools who did. Kids have always played there and no one has gotten sick, and that was before EPA regulations and things were bad with the plant and sewer plant. It's called Memorial Field in memory of those who were in WW1 or 2, can't recall and the creek was worse back then. It's not kept up like it used to be bc they think it'll get moved if it's bad enough. What they dont realize is the track at the new school isn't big enough to put a football field into so it will have to be replaced also. Along with the fact they think they'll be a better team if they get artificial turf.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The Creek is Chickamauga bad judgement.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Disease that Mosquitoes use to carry? And the track is a 380 or 388 , things won't change never have never will, New Fields in the County they don't charge to play sports 👍 and you don't pay City taxes which is Way high,

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

tackle81 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:21 pm

From the few basketball games i’ve seen, I think he should be okay. He’s already kowtowing to the same family that ran Carter off. He’s already playing one of the family members, even though he’s clearly out of place.
Drop some names 👀

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:23 am

Drop some names 👀
You ain't lying! All of a sudden, he plays every game. Its a joke. The coaches literally don't seem to care that they have made the team worse as the season goes on. I'm dure he will be a fine player in a year or two, but this is plain stupidity. GA has to literally be the worst coached basketball team around. Even worse they have their best ball handler on the bench so this kid can play. Stupid! Just plain stupid!

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Says the guy who cant even see his toes to dribble a basketball

Tomcat Queen
JV Team

Post by Tomcat Queen »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:24 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:23 am

Drop some names 👀
You ain't lying! All of a sudden, he plays every game. Its a joke. The coaches literally don't seem to care that they have made the team worse as the season goes on. I'm dure he will be a fine player in a year or two, but this is plain stupidity. GA has to literally be the worst coached basketball team around. Even worse they have their best ball handler on the bench so this kid can play. Stupid! Just plain stupid!
You criticizing a Trimble guy? Why don’t you get a coaching job? All you ever do on here is bash coaches and try to show how much you think you know. So get you a coaching job and show everyone how great you really are.

Don’t hate us just because you ain’t us.
tackle81
Waterboy

Post by tackle81 »

Nobody said a word about Trimble??

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Still set back and laughing, Not going to change, been around this for a long time 😂🚬🤣

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

MarauderMadness wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:12 am That place is a dump. Can’t believe that town got no more community pride than to let their kids play in a swamp. They should let the football team use Swamp Devils as a logo. That’s more fitting.
A Swamp devil would still be cooler than a man in a glorified fedora with a pedo stache.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Anyone with some info on the job? Or are posters from other schools just going to measure dicks and trash each other?

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Speedy991 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:52 pm
Old Shorts wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:57 pm Contact the old fella from SW, SG and RV+ fame. He’s got a whole posse of former players and coaches who will come with him and build a program that the whole county will be proud of. Come on man, it’s a no brainer.
Would be awesome to see jack james coaching one more time with a bigger school. And bring some old faces around with him. Lord knows he has an arsenal of coaches that he coached.
Yes he would kill it. But only thing is Jack won’t play the politics game. Probably the only reason he’s not in contention for the job. I did hear that the “guy from Meigs” is in the running. Not sure if that’s the guy who just got fired or someone else. If not him maybe Bertram or Chancy are considering coaching again? And who’s the “Trimble guy” someone else mentioned?

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D

Return to “Football”