Oak Hill Declines TVC Offer: Remains in SOC

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Re: *Breaking* Oak Hill Officially Petitions TVC for Membership

Post by GrumpyPundit »

Warren is a wonderful school in almost every sport, except football. If they were in the TVC, even their football would be head and shoulders above the competition. I just don’t see why the TVC would invite in a team that would instantly be the dominant team in every sport.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

:twisted:
GrumpyPundit wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:31 pm Warren is a wonderful school in almost every sport, except football. If they were in the TVC, even their football would be head and shoulders above the competition. I just don’t see why the TVC would invite in a team that would instantly be the dominant team in every sport.
No don’t invite any good teams in. Bring in some more doormats so the big feeling schools can continue to feel good about themselves but not get any better. They love feeling big and then getting housed in the first round of the playoffs.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:31 pm Warren is a wonderful school in almost every sport, except football. If they were in the TVC, even their football would be head and shoulders above the competition. I just don’t see why the TVC would invite in a team that would instantly be the dominant team in every sport.
Football is getting a lot better. Coach Kimes rebuilt the culture there for sure.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:51 pm
Football is getting a lot better. Coach Kimes rebuilt the culture there for sure.
Definitely has been better the last handful of seasons for the Warriors on the gridiron.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Vote will be in March.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

hsfbfan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:39 pm Vote will be in March.
My hope and prayer is that the powers that be will welcome Oak Hill with open arms and that they will do whatever it takes to keep Warren out of the TVC!

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Eagle Pappaw
Riding the Bench

Post by Eagle Pappaw »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:45 pm
My hope and prayer is that the powers that be will welcome Oak Hill with open arms and that they will do whatever it takes to keep Warren out of the TVC!
AGREED! SAY NO! TO WARREN LO-CLASS!

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Yes we all know that VC is terrified of having Warren in the TVC. It used to just be Combs not wanting them in because of basketball but more recently they found out they can’t beat them in football either.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Eagle Pappaw wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:49 pm
AGREED! SAY NO! TO WARREN LO-CLASS!
I find it very funny that someone from Belpre (the school with the biggest joke for athletic facilities in the county) wouldnt want Warren in the league.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

I think the vote will be later in the spring near the end of the school year.

The TVC members would be wise to vote Warren in IF they were to petition again but the same school that has led the way in the past to keep Warren out will continue to do so.

The TVC would also be wise to do the same for Fort Frye but I seriously doubt that Fort Frye would seek membership in the TVC.

As for Oak Hill, I think they will be accepted if it comes to a vote.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

BJCassady wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:56 pm I think the vote will be later in the spring near the end of the school year.

The TVC members would be wise to vote Warren in IF they were to petition again but the same school that has led the way in the past to keep Warren out will continue to do so.

The TVC would also be wise to do the same for Fort Frye but I seriously doubt that Fort Frye would seek membership in the TVC.

Warren had the votes to get in last time but decided it was a package deal with Marietta. I’m not sure if Warren would ever apply again unless the TSL flops and they become independent once again.

Oak Hill will get the votes because they border current Ohio school districts (Warren does not) and their facilities are great. Their programs are in a downward spiral but it wasn’t that long ago they were competing for boys and girls state championships in basketball and their football program won a good amount of playoff games.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

BJCassady wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:56 pm I think the vote will be later in the spring near the end of the school year.

Fort Frye missed out on being in the TVC by a vote. They would have been a good addition.

Go Bucks!!
Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Buck Nut wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:26 pm

Fort Frye missed out on being in the TVC by a vote. They would have been a good addition.
Yes, and I understand that VC voted no because of the two lane road that leads in to Fort Frye. 😂

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Old Shorts wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:22 am

Yes, and I understand that VC voted no because of the two lane road that leads in to Fort Frye. 😂
what a joke! anyone who has ever made the trip to vc wishes they had even one decent road.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

What will the SOC due if Oak Hill does leave or will there be reaction from the SOC?

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

How many conferences is this for the OAKS? If I was the SOC, I would give them the boot just for considering.

slayter
Riding the Bench

Post by slayter »

Howard Cosell wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:25 am

what a joke! anyone who has ever made the trip to vc wishes they had even one decent road.
US 50 is featured in the movie Wild Hogs

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

slayter wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:15 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:25 am

US 50 is featured in the movie Wild Hogs
It’s a pretty long road.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I guess weaker programs would like to see Oak Hill in the TVC to guarantee a conference win most years to make them feel better about themselves. Like River Valley. Ugh.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:45 pm I guess weaker programs would like to see Oak Hill in the TVC to guarantee a conference win most years to make them feel better about themselves. Like River Valley. Ugh.
Hasn’t oak hill been on the NY schedule the last few years?
I would put oak hill on the same level as Wellston and above a RV. I do think the raiders and the TVC would be better off if they moved to the Hocking division.

Ohio

Alexander
Athens
Meigs
Nelsonville York
Oak Hill
Vinton County
Warren
Wellston

Hocking

Belpre
Eastern