2024 West Senators

art_vandelay
SE

Re: 2024 West Senators

Post by art_vandelay »

jujubean wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:39 pm I think the kids themselves start the rumors because they like the attention and the feeling of being courted. Not 100% sure on all the initials but a few do not live in the district. They would have to sit back half of season.
Personally this is high school. Play ball where you are at. If you want to come home, come home. But if you are good, you'll get noticed by sending video, attending camps, and standing out on your team. Truthfully I only recognize GM and EK, the others live out of district probably so it's dumb to transfer unless you think you can get noticed playing JV football.
juju: great post. Always a lot of transfer talk this time of year, but usually ends up just talk.

As for the initials from above, I see one player listed that makes sense based on their situation at current school, coupled with what West’s position needs are.*

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:05 am
jujubean wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:39 pm I think the kids themselves start the rumors because they like the attention and the feeling of being courted. Not 100% sure on all the initials but a few do not live in the district. They would have to sit back half of season.
Personally this is high school. Play ball where you are at. If you want to come home, come home. But if you are good, you'll get noticed by sending video, attending camps, and standing out on your team. Truthfully I only recognize GM and EK, the others live out of district probably so it's dumb to transfer unless you think you can get noticed playing JV football.
juju: great post. Always a lot of transfer talk this time of year, but usually ends up just talk.

As for the initials from above, I see one player listed that makes sense based on their situation at current school, coupled with what West’s position needs are.*
Need a kicker, line help both ways, quarterback and corners. Those mentioned fill the holes plus some.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Players need to enjoy High School Football and quit worrying about where they are gonna play in College. Fact is there probably isn’t a D2 Player in Scioto County in High School right now let alone D1. All of this “Get Noticed” stuff is comical. No College Coach is gonna put any stock in kids putting of big numbers at Notre Dame where it looks like lower level JV Ball.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:07 am Players need to enjoy High School Football and quit worrying about where they are gonna play in College. Fact is there probably isn’t a D2 Player in Scioto County in High School right now let alone D1. All of this “Get Noticed” stuff is comical. No College Coach is gonna put any stock in kids putting of big numbers at Notre Dame where it looks like lower level JV Ball.
Amen!!!

MAC schools aren’t thinking this way. Neither does Kirtland. These kids enjoy their four years of high school ball, and then go on to other pursuits. It’s rare any of these kids go on to play college football.

Of course these schools are not alone. Same is true for most D5-D7 schools in Ohio. Hell, the vast majority of starters on the big D1 schools will never play a down in college.

And most of those that are lucky enough to get a college athletic scholarship are not going to enjoy it. The physical toll is real. Becomes a job, no longer the fun game you played in high school.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:07 am Players need to enjoy High School Football and quit worrying about where they are gonna play in College. Fact is there probably isn’t a D2 Player in Scioto County in High School right now let alone D1. All of this “Get Noticed” stuff is comical. No College Coach is gonna put any stock in kids putting of big numbers at Notre Dame where it looks like lower level JV Ball.
The Notre Dame boys won’t come back because it’s easier there, They knew what they were doing. Now Northwest/ Valley have some who have shown interest and would make immediate impact.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

SiderSammy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:33 pm
The Notre Dame boys won’t come back because it’s easier there, They knew what they were doing. Now Northwest/ Valley have some who have shown interest and would make immediate impact.
Maybe immediate, but they wouldn't be available during playoffs next year. I'm not sure I'd want that as a coach. Unless the NW kids physically move (along with parents and not an apartment like some allow) they're ineligible 2nd half. But to each his own.

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

The grass is not always greener on the other side. My son found that out, he is very happy to be home. The numbers talked about coming, I’d love to see them come, but if so I’d like to see it happen soon. Season is already started.

I remember the shirts mentioned above, I’m sure something else could be worked up for a shirt! 😂

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

Olebud wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:11 am The grass is not always greener on the other side. My son found that out, he is very happy to be home. The numbers talked about coming, I’d love to see them come, but if so I’d like to see it happen soon. Season is already started.

I remember the shirts mentioned above, I’m sure something else could be worked up for a shirt! 😂
I think talk is cheap and I think most of them are just that”talk”.
I think they care more about individual awards/ recognition and such rather than team success. Our area is full of it. This is why you rarely ever see teams from our area do much. No team mindset.

I remember buying those shirts for my oldest, they were funny.
I wouldn’t mind having another 😂

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SiderSammy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:29 pm
jujubean wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:19 pm Heard some rumors too. The 2 I heard adds depth and fills a hole.
What are their initials?

The ones I know are: JP, LW, GM, BD, MS, LC, EK
For what it's worth, just heard one of these boys transferred to Burg this week, and mainly for baseball reasons.*

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Anything new going on? Is there an off season program?
If no transfers, What does the numbers look like? Schedule?

WWE HALL OF FAME
Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

With basketball & baseball going on, the weight room is looking good. Of course there is always room to improve. Heard the other day averaging 25 a day.

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:53 pm
SiderSammy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:29 pm
jujubean wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:19 pm Heard some rumors too. The 2 I heard adds depth and fills a hole.
What are their initials?

The ones I know are: JP, LW, GM, BD, MS, LC, EK
For what it's worth, just heard one of these boys transferred to Burg this week, and mainly for baseball reasons.*
BD? I heard the same. Bad decision in my opinion. It would have more beneficial for him at west, he will get lost in the wash over there. He may get to win state though lol I do not fault kids wanting to better themselves though.

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

The one that did go to burg will be one of the better RB’s in this area the next two yrs.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Olebud wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:16 pm The one that did go to burg will be one of the better RB’s in this area the next two yrs.
Based on?

SiderSammy
Riding the Bench

Post by SiderSammy »

jujubean wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:04 am
Olebud wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:16 pm The one that did go to burg will be one of the better RB’s in this area the next two yrs.
Based on?
I just do not see it. the best running backs will be at west, phs and valley (if he stays). burg already has a couple already there and they are both good.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

jujubean wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:04 am
Based on?
Based on he is a great athlete, he has good size and speed. He is a pretty good football player. He did start on defense and get some carries on offense as a freshman at Northwest.
If he does play football he will be one of the better backs in the area.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Heard he's a "pretty good" athlete, but didn't play at all last year and expects to go to Wheelersburg and be a premier rb? I hope the young man has success, I do, but to go from not playing at NW to being the top back in the area is a tall order. I'd say slow down on predictions and just let him play a little and we'll see.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

jujubean wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:29 pm Heard he's a "pretty good" athlete, but didn't play at all last year and expects to go to Wheelersburg and be a premier rb? I hope the young man has success, I do, but to go from not playing at NW to being the top back in the area is a tall order. I'd say slow down on predictions and just let him play a little and we'll see.
I believe Olebud said one of the better backs in the area not the top back. Top back will be Mason Parker.

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:45 pm
jujubean wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:29 pm Heard he's a "pretty good" athlete, but didn't play at all last year and expects to go to Wheelersburg and be a premier rb? I hope the young man has success, I do, but to go from not playing at NW to being the top back in the area is a tall order. I'd say slow down on predictions and just let him play a little and we'll see.
I believe Olebud said one of the better backs in the area not the top back. Top back will be Mason Parker.
100% agree about MP.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Kid in question is 4th string RB at best next year at Burg (if he even plays football) with Cunningham, Brown, and Emnett all returning at the position.

As for West, I’d be focused on both QB/WR in the transfer portal instead of RB as West is set at RB with Parker returning.*

Return to “Football”