Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Re: Irontons Carrico and Perkins both enter transfer portal day one

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:50 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:43 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 am I don’t want the crap of these kids are “too slow” and all that hoopla. It’s not like they’re completely unknown. They are rated by scouts and clearly if schools are sending scouts to watch them that holds some bearing. Yes Ironton plays some lackluster competition but Reid and Ty had went to camps and proved it there thus got rated to where the scouts believed could be their potential. In the case for Reid it was going to a blue blood national title contender. They get pick of the liter at every single position he was going to have to BATTLE to get on the field. As for Perkins the head coach that recruited ran out of dodge to another team. Who’s to say that fickell may have used him hard to tell.
You remember those wild video game style runs Shawn Terry for Ironton had vs Fairland and Jackson? It happened cause he was doing it against slow undersized rural white kids. D5 prep shut him down.

You really think he's doing that against a kid like Denzel Burke? Lmao

No he's not. And for the same reason why Carrico got jumped by CJ Hicks on the LB depth chart at Ohio State as soon as CJ walked in the door. The seo kids are not athletes. They're just kids who like to play football. There's a big difference.
Carrico for example will never nor could ever be Ryan Shazier or Raekwon McMillian. The LB position in 2023 at the blue blood p5 level isn't asking for any Andy katzemoyers. That's too slow now. Not enough lateral speed. Not enough speed and range all together. CJ Hicks for example or Sonny Styles type is what they are looking for now.

For reference McMillan was a 5 Star, Shazier a 4 Star. So that’s creme de la creme. No one is saying Carrico will be either of them if they have any sense of reality. However there are PLENTY of guys who weren’t that highly rated that had success in the NFL. Shaquille Leonard went to SC State and lead the league in tackles he had ZERO stars next to his name.

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 am I don’t want the crap of these kids are “too slow” and all that hoopla. It’s not like they’re completely unknown. They are rated by scouts and clearly if schools are sending scouts to watch them that holds some bearing. Yes Ironton plays some lackluster competition but Reid and Ty had went to camps and proved it there thus got rated to where the scouts believed could be their potential. In the case for Reid it was going to a blue blood national title contender. They get pick of the liter at every single position he was going to have to BATTLE to get on the field. As for Perkins the head coach that recruited ran out of dodge to another team. Who’s to say that fickell may have used him hard to tell.
You remember those wild video game style runs Shawn Terry for Ironton had vs Fairland and Jackson? It happened cause he was doing it against slow undersized rural white kids. D5 prep shut him down.

No he's not. And for the same reason why Carrico got jumped by CJ Hicks on the LB depth chart at Ohio State as soon as CJ walked in the door. The seo kids are not athletes. They're just kids who like to play football. There's a big difference.
SEO kids are not athletes? There have been a lot of talented SEO kids over the years. Off the top of my head:
- Ed Miller (played for the Buffalo Bills)
- Al Oliver (MLB)
- Don Gullet (MLB)
- Bret Roberts (drafted in the NBA and MLB. Lead nation in scoring his last year at Morehead
- Cain Madden (all American)
- Gerald Cadogen (NFL)
- Chuck Ealey (Canadian Football League)
- Josh Newman (MLB)
- John Prior (FSU)
- Jason Harmon (started at MSU)
- Larry Hisle (MLB)
- Jermon Jackson (OSU)

I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. SEO can and does produce athletes.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:36 pm

SEO kids are not athletes? There have been a lot of talented SEO kids over the years. Off the top of my head:
- Al Oliver (MLB)
- Don Gullet (MLB)
- Bret Roberts (drafted in the NBA and MLB. Lead nation in scoring his last year at Morehead
- Gerald Cadogen (NFL)
- Josh Newman (MLB)
- John Prior (FSU)
- Larry Hisle (MLB)
- Jermon Jackson (OSU)

I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. SEO can and does produce athletes.
And you even forgot to mentions Irontons own coach who PLAYED at Michigan St! I’m there with you we have produced here before, hell there’s a NFL HOFer from SEO!!

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:40 pm

- Al Oliver (MLB)
- Don Gullet (MLB)
- Gerald Cadogen (NFL)
- Josh Newman (MLB)
- John Prior (FSU)
- Larry Hisle (MLB)
- Jermon Jackson (OSU)

And you even forgot to mentions Irontons own coach who PLAYED at Michigan St! I’m there with you we have produced here before, hell there’s a NFL HOFer from SEO!!
Good catch, meant to include him.

That said, I left many names out including some who played pro ball. Also, I did not list the female athletes; lots of success with them as well.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Here is something to keep in mind. Ohio state had 3 top 10 receivers from last years class on their roster this year. Only one saw playing time and it was extremely minimal. Rarely do we see freshman come in and contribute in power 5 conferences. The process of developing players is gone with the new transfer rules. College coaches have to win now, and if you can’t contribute right away, they are going to the portal to find someone who will.

It’s going to be extremely challenging for High school athletes to get offers from power 5 programs anymore. More and more kids will have to go play JUCO or smaller colleges until they develop enough to compete and possibly transfer later.

The talk of Perkins and Carrico are too slow or whatever is nonsense. Perkins ran a 4.4 and got an offer to UC because he went to an invite only camp with some of the best recruits in the country and put on a show in front of Fickle’s staff. Carrico is went to The Ohio State university and has to compete with the best of the best. That doesn’t mean he can’t play FBS football. It just means he’s not the right fit for Ohio state.

Pendleton gives these kids opportunities, but they still have to perform in front of scouts and colleges coaches. Do you honestly think Pendleton has that much pull, that he’s tricking these scouts and coaches into thinking these kids are better than they really are? Come on.

I wish both of these boys the best and look forward to what the future holds for them.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:20 pm
Baldeagle wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:45 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:07 pm Good luck to both at their next landing spot
I hear Carrico is headed to Hocking College
Oh yea? Man I bet Eastern had a lot of d1 commits w this senior group this season. Can you list em so we can acknowledge them?
Hey its not my fault that you guys train kids to underachieve

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:52 am
FIDO wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:24 pm
tigercat74 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:57 am
Because most grown men that bash kids like that are just miserable SOBs who are not happy how their lives turned out.
"AN extremely uninformed post." I can go into details but it would only make you miserable.

I know my post is counter to the false narrative being spread from the Ironton faithful. NOT THE KIDS FAULT ADULTS LIE. It is laughable to say Ironton is loaded with D1 talent. Your own fan base is trying to sell this false narrative so they can overtly/covertly recruit or to entice young impressionable kids to Ironton. Your own fan base has declared ironton as a destination school for the areas top players, all based on false promises and an extremely false narrative.

A 19 year old young man has thicker skin than you guys give them credit. Many have died serving our country. Get out of SEO for a bit and clear your clouded and uninformed vision.
Please go ahead and go into details since you have all the details about the coaching change not effecting anything or how it wasn't a full scholarship.

I am not from Ironton. I do not give a darn about their D1 talent. I am from Lucasville and I have been around Ty a very long time. I am glad you were so smart to leave the area yet spend your time talking about the football back here when you have seen how great it is elsewhere. I hope you are gracing the fans there with "ur" knowledge on how they play in those places.
Oh good grief. If a player is good enough to play D1 football, it doesn't matter who is coaching. As I've said in my earlier post, I wish nothing but the best for the kids, meaning Ty and Carrico.

The rest of your post is just silly nonsense. I haven't disparaged local play or athletes. How many local football players are getting substantial playing time at P5 or D1 schools? There are plenty playing at lower levels and there is nothing wrong with that. It is what it is. Don't pretend it is something it isn't.

There is nothing wrong with telling a kid they aren't good enough to be a....................name your sport, profession or walmart greeter.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Baldeagle wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:07 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:20 pm
Baldeagle wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:45 pm

I hear Carrico is headed to Hocking College
Oh yea? Man I bet Eastern had a lot of d1 commits w this senior group this season. Can you list em so we can acknowledge them?
Hey its not my fault that you guys train kids to underachieve
If that's the case "eastern" must just be kids trained to be irrelevant losers. No winners live in "Reedsville ohio" tough guy. Lmao

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

- Al Oliver (MLB)
- Don Gullet (MLB)
- Gerald Cadogen (NFL)
- Josh Newman (MLB)
- John Prior (FSU)
- Larry Hisle (MLB)
- Jermon Jackson (OSU)

South Florida produces more elite athletes in 5 years than seo has produced in 50 years. Lmao 🤣 🤣

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:20 pm

Carrico for example will never nor could ever be Ryan Shazier or Raekwon McMillian. The LB position in 2023 at the blue blood p5 level isn't asking for any Andy katzemoyers. That's too slow now. Not enough lateral speed. Not enough speed and range all together. CJ Hicks for example or Sonny Styles type is what they are looking for now.

For reference McMillan was a 5 Star, Shazier a 4 Star. So that’s creme de la creme. No one is saying Carrico will be either of them if they have any sense of reality. However there are PLENTY of guys who weren’t that highly rated that had success in the NFL. Shaquille Leonard went to SC State and lead the league in tackles he had ZERO stars next to his name.
Carrico was also a 4 star and that's the point.

A 4 star from southeast Ohio d5 football IS NOT the same as a 4 star from Dallas Texas.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Carrico too white and slow?Could be wrong,but I thought he was the fastest lb at OSU a couple of yrs. Ago.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:29 pm

- Al Oliver (MLB)
- Don Gullet (MLB)
- Gerald Cadogen (NFL)
- Josh Newman (MLB)
- John Prior (FSU)
- Larry Hisle (MLB)
- Jermon Jackson (OSU)

South Florida produces more elite athletes in 5 years than seo has produced in 50 years. Lmao 🤣 🤣
South Florida is 9 million people! Lawrence and Scioto counties about 130k combined!!

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:30 pm

A 4 star from southeast Ohio d5 football IS NOT the same as a 4 star from Dallas Texas.
Burrow was a 4 star who was buried on the depth chart behind the following. JT Barrett holds multiple school records and B1G records, Dwayne Haskins who set multiple single season passing records as well as being a 1st round pick. He could transfer and be just like Burrow. And that’s the point you never know what you have if you never use it. Kyle McCord was a 4 star qb and he’s hit the portal. He’s from Philly are you going to say he’s different than any other 4 star qb from a highly populated area??

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:04 pm Carrico too white and slow?Could be wrong,but I thought he was the fastest lb at OSU a couple of yrs. Ago.
Don't know if he was the fastest LB at OSU but he was a fast guy.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

It’s all a crapshoot. CJ Hicks, #2 LB nationally, and a “can’t miss” prospect will be starting his third season next year and hasn’t played any meaningful minutes. And yes, preseason testing at the start of his sophomore year the coaches did mention that Reid was the fastest player in the linebacker room. Not a surprise, the kid can really run. Of course so can Trayanum who during his time at linebacker was supposedly the fastest and strongest but couldn’t get on the field. Some kids have a knack, watching Shazier as a 195lb freshman LB make about half the teams tackles. While not at that level Styles has it also. He’ll play on Sunday. Earlier this season there was speculation that Hicks would transfer a who knows he may yet. Here’s to hoping that good athletes like Reid and Kicks can find a niche somewhere. Kids with that size and speed are rare regardless of where they’re from

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:24 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:29 pm

- Al Oliver (MLB)
- Don Gullet (MLB)
- Gerald Cadogen (NFL)
- Josh Newman (MLB)
- John Prior (FSU)
- Larry Hisle (MLB)
- Jermon Jackson (OSU)

South Florida is 9 million people! Lawrence and Scioto counties about 130k combined!!
That's Lawrence and Scioto problem. Doesn't change the facts. Seo kids can't play.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:24 am
artisgilmore wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:04 pm Carrico too white and slow?Could be wrong,but I thought he was the fastest lb at OSU a couple of yrs. Ago.
Don't know if he was the fastest LB at OSU but he was a fast guy.
He was never fast lmao 🤣

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:36 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:30 pm

Burrow was a 4 star who was buried on the depth chart behind the following. JT Barrett holds multiple school records and B1G records, Dwayne Haskins who set multiple single season passing records as well as being a 1st round pick. He could transfer and be just like Burrow. And that’s the point you never know what you have if you never use it. Kyle McCord was a 4 star qb and he’s hit the portal. He’s from Philly are you going to say he’s different than any other 4 star qb from a highly populated area??
Joe Burrow is a 1 in 1 million for seo. South Florida has produced NFL hall of famers.

Seo kids are naia kids mostly.

Small. Slow. Not very good skill levels. And no experience against D1 p5 level talent.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Jermon Jackson = flamed out and folded in Columbus
Walt delong = flamed out and folded in Columbus
Troy Sands = flamed out and folded in Columbus
Tyler Holden = flamed out and folded in Columbus

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

We can debate the quality of SEO athletes all day long and twice on Sunday. I just want to know where Carrico and Perkins are going next. When someone knows for sure, please let us know.

Return to “Football”