How Ironton & Burg can both win a state title in D5

RBH23
S

Re: How Ironton & Burg can both win a state title in D5

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:40 pm
Justy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:35 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:29 pm

Anyway my point is the guys in the headphones gotta get better for all 3 in 2024. Gotta start demanding more from these guys. Why can't Ironton and Burg & Prep win at a high level? We all agree the talents there for all 3. So they've been given the talent. The support. Etc.
The next part of the job is results right?
But part of discipline is pushing the players to their potential. Not so easy to do when you’re worried they might go elsewhere. Even more so when you talked them into playing for you. I mean we’ve all seen it at the local level. The great athlete that didn’t play football finally allows the coach to talk him into playing and the coach is afraid to push him too hard because he might quit. Now think of having five or six of them on the team.
It's not as uncommon as you think to have lots of success w "recruits" it's just takes the right staff. Happens everyday. Let em leave. We can replace em it's next man up cause "we recruit", right? 😆
It’s very uncommon in Ohio small school football outside of the private schools.

No D5 public school “recruits” like Ironton. None in D6 or D7 either. Hell, few public schools in Ohio see this kind of “recruiting” action.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:47 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:45 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:26 am

Prep is the big problem for Ironton and Burg right now. They are recruiting heavily and have improved in their coaching. If prep had more discipline in special teams and overall football play, they'd probably win D5 this year. They were the most talented in all of D5.
Yes. Getting bigger. Faster. And deeper every season. Gonna be an issue every season.
Will burg be forced to ONCE AGAIN hit the recruiting trail to remain competitive with Prep and Ironton? 👀
Of they do, it will be the first time Burg has done so.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:19 pm
Justy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:35 pm

But part of discipline is pushing the players to their potential. Not so easy to do when you’re worried they might go elsewhere. Even more so when you talked them into playing for you. I mean we’ve all seen it at the local level. The great athlete that didn’t play football finally allows the coach to talk him into playing and the coach is afraid to push him too hard because he might quit. Now think of having five or six of them on the team.
It's not as uncommon as you think to have lots of success w "recruits" it's just takes the right staff. Happens everyday. Let em leave. We can replace em it's next man up cause "we recruit", right? 😆
It’s very uncommon in Ohio small school football outside of the private schools.

No D5 public school “recruits” like Ironton. None in D6 or D7 either. Hell, few public schools in Ohio see this kind of “recruiting” action.
In the words of Bob Dylan. "Times they are a changin."

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:20 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:47 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:45 pm

Yes. Getting bigger. Faster. And deeper every season. Gonna be an issue every season.
Will burg be forced to ONCE AGAIN hit the recruiting trail to remain competitive with Prep and Ironton? 👀
Of they do, it will be the first time Burg has done so.
Yup. Gonna have to to compete.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:44 pm

Not really. The small schools that don’t recruit keep winning while Ironton still hasn’t won a title since 1989.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:44 pm

Not really. The small schools that don’t recruit keep winning while Ironton still hasn’t won a title since 1989.
Burg doesn't have that caliber of coaching & culture. Like Ironton, need a talent edge. Lol.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:57 pm

Burg doesn't have that caliber of coaching & culture. Like Ironton, need a talent edge. Lol.
I hope Burg coaching doesn’t copy IHS. Not much to see there.

Copy the best, not the underachievers!

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:40 pm

After watching every division this weekend in Ohio, WV, and now I'm watching Virginia, Ironton and Burg BOTH have a lot of work to do before a title is reality. Tons of work.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:35 pm

After watching every division this weekend in Ohio, WV, and now I'm watching Virginia, Ironton and Burg BOTH have a lot of work to do before a title is reality. Tons of work.
True. I don’t see Burg competing for a state title until they get their offense straightened out.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:34 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:35 pm

True. I don’t see Burg competing for a state title until they get their offense straightened out.
And I don't see Ironton winning one until they find an offensive identity and more sound fundamental assignment football at the line of scrimmage and more consistent playcalling offensively.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Really!!! Because I think if Burg had all the talent Ironton has had the last 5 years they have 2-3 more state titles under their belts.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:30 pm

Really!!! Because I think if Burg had all the talent Ironton has had the last 5 years they have 2-3 more state titles under their belts.
So what you are saying is burg just isn't that talented right?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tri_State79 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:51 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:30 pm

So what you are saying is burg just isn't that talented right?
Yeah, bringing in one impact player every 2-3 years to help your team or bring in 5-6 impact players every year to help your team, big difference.

Burg has been playing with the majority of the players they've had for years growing up. Ironton has had to bring in that talent the last five years and what have they got to show for it. Absolutely nothing! You take Keyes, Felder and Perkins off Ironton last year they barely win 5 games. You take Lattimore off of Burg this year and they finish exactly where they finished. He was a great player, don't get me wrong but he was just one player and he wasn't a game changer like those three were.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Any team in SEO, from any division, winning a state title will be an anomaly. There will never be a Kirtland, Coldwater or any other multiple championship team in SEO.

Ironton, with all the hype and braggadocious attitude from their arrogant fan base, will never be a power, outside the region. They honestly believe when they roll up in a greyhound teams fear them. Some believe, "the game is over before we get off the bus."

No one has yet answered what sort of offers were being given to these supposed power 5 D1 players. The fan base is hyping false promises.

You may get an invite to the dance but ya going to be a wallflower

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

FIDO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:12 am Any team in SEO, from any division, winning a state title will be an anomaly. There will never be a Kirtland, Coldwater or any other multiple championship team in SEO.

Ironton, with all the hype and braggadocious attitude from their arrogant fan base, will never be a power, outside the region. They honestly believe when they roll up in a greyhound teams fear them. Some believe, "the game is over before we get off the bus."

No one has yet answered what sort of offers were being given to these supposed power 5 D1 players. The fan base is hyping false promises.

After living in multiple states ohio football overall began to impress me much less than it ever did. I got to watch south Florida kids for a year a few years ago. Ohio isn't that good overall.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:15 am
FIDO wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:12 am Any team in SEO, from any division, winning a state title will be an anomaly. There will never be a Kirtland, Coldwater or any other multiple championship team in SEO.

After living in multiple states ohio football overall began to impress me much less than it ever did. I got to watch south Florida kids for a year a few years ago. Ohio isn't that good overall.
There's a reason why the South is heavily recruited. Texas, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama have true D1 athletes all over the field. I can't speak to Fla because I haven't had eyes on. Realistic expectations should be at the forefront from any HS coach when it comes to their HS players, and mentoring sessions. Selling a false narrative potentially leads to failure, and it is all on the adults, not the student athlete.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

FIDO wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:34 am

There's a reason why the South is heavily recruited. Texas, Louisiana, Georgia and Alabama have true D1 athletes all over the field. I can't speak to Fla because I haven't had eyes on. Realistic expectations should be at the forefront from any HS coach when it comes to their HS players, and mentoring sessions. Selling a false narrative potentially leads to failure, and it is all on the adults, not the student athlete.
Most of these people in seo on here have NEVER lived anywhere else but ohio or seo their entire lives. They stayed in mommy and daddies hometown and were scared to try and swim in a body of water larger and rougher than a mud puddle. So their perception betrays them.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Miami Central, a public school btw, would beat ohios best private schools by 40 on a regular. It isn't close. Size speed strength are all light years different and also the south Florida kids especially the Miami kids are just tougher and come from tough backgrounds and they play with more of an edge. Hungrier. Nastier. More aggressive and ultimately they are also more independent and more confident.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:33 pm

Miami Central, a public school btw, would beat ohios best private schools by 40 on a regular. It isn't close. Size speed strength are all light years different and also the south Florida kids especially the Miami kids are just tougher and come from tough backgrounds and they play with more of an edge. Hungrier. Nastier. More aggressive and ultimately they are also more independent and more confident.

Is this the Miami Central you're talking about?

neutral field
[2023] St. Edward (Lakewood, OH) 28 (65%), [2023] Central (Miami, FL) 21 (35%)

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Bird Dog wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:46 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:33 pm

Is this the Miami Central you're talking about?

neutral field
[2023] St. Edward (Lakewood, OH) 28 (65%), [2023] Central (Miami, FL) 21 (35%)
Fiction isn't reality. St eds would get embarrassed.

Return to “Football”