Minford Football

FIDO
S

Re: Minford Football

Post by FIDO »

MrPerfect wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:56 am
FIDO wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:25 am Valley is the "destination" school for locals like minford, northwest, and eastern. We welcome all.

Superior accommodations for student athletics and a superior coaching staff. All ABOARD!!
You post this and now are an advocate for loyalty?
I’m confused lol
💯 rhetorical!

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Crazy thing is, I could actually see it happening. Most of them couldn’t go to Burg and play and Valley has pretty much all you described. Although I have heard Valley themselves could lose a couple. Who knows I guess lol

WWE HALL OF FAME
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FIDO wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:51 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:58 am
FIDO wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:12 am I hope there isn't a wholesale transfer of players out of Minford. Ohsaa screwed it up by loosening transfer restrictions.

No loyalty od kids you've played with for years. It is all about me. Your team is not good enough so let's go somewhere else and win now.

Adults are enablers of quitters and the first to whine when Karma bites their star studded a$$
Thanks grandpa, jeez.
Bless your heart. Is this supposed to be some sort sleight of hand? You don't like differing opinions so you want to attempt an insult as if it brings some sort of clarity to your righteous opinion. I hope your post bolsters your superior ego and makes you proud of yourself. Nice going! Kudos!
Sleight of hand?? You talking about a magic trick or football. My reference was to your post and how this is typically associated with the old school thinking by a person that hasn't grasped or understand how things are now. Seemed pretty straight forward but I should've explained it, who cares about transfers?? You think a kid should stay put for what reason? If they feel they're better off elsewhere that's their decision as a human being and affects only them. That's what is SO funny about ppl like yourself who want to speak out against a transfer student, they're making a decision that affects their life and their life alone and you feel you should have an opinion on that which is incorrect. Just like your post back to me, read it over a bit you stooped to trying to insult or undermine my opinion shame on you. You want to voice an opinion but you don't want to hear feedback on your opinion that's rich.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Wow, this thread got heated. I did hear that Valley had a few kids transfer in during the season but haven’t heard of them losing anyone.

Is there any other news on who has officially applied?

I see Carver’s name listed on here. I know he’s helped at Valley the last two years. Any other names? Do they have a timeline on the hire?

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

I am not from the community, but only 2 I heard confirmed were Paul Carver and Josh Bailey.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:59 pm
FIDO wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:51 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:58 am

Thanks grandpa, jeez.
Bless your heart. Is this supposed to be some sort sleight of hand? You don't like differing opinions so you want to attempt an insult as if it brings some sort of clarity to your righteous opinion. I hope your post bolsters your superior ego and makes you proud of yourself. Nice going! Kudos!
Sleight of hand?? You talking about a magic trick or football. My reference was to your post and how this is typically associated with the old school thinking by a person that hasn't grasped or understand how things are now. Seemed pretty straight forward but I should've explained it, who cares about transfers?? You think a kid should stay put for what reason? If they feel they're better off elsewhere that's their decision as a human being and affects only them. That's what is SO funny about ppl like yourself who want to speak out against a transfer student, they're making a decision that affects their life and their life alone and you feel you should have an opinion on that which is incorrect. Just like your post back to me, read it over a bit you stooped to trying to insult or undermine my opinion shame on you. You want to voice an opinion but you don't want to hear feedback on your opinion that's rich.
Your response was not a differing opinion.

FourEyes
Waterboy

Post by FourEyes »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:38 pm I am not from the community, but only 2 I heard confirmed were Paul Carver and Josh Bailey.
Paul Carver could possibly bring some excitement back into the program and get more kids to come out. Bailey, has no coaching experience outside of PeeWee football and is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the other PeeWee coaching greats. Let’s hope Minford has more pride in their football program than to hand it over to someone who hasn’t proven themselves at this level, be it an OC or DC first!!

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:38 pm I am not from the community, but only 2 I heard confirmed were Paul Carver and Josh Bailey.
Would be rare someone like Bailey (unless I’m mistaken) without significant HS assistant experience even get an interview, imo. If those are indeed the only two, that is a testament to how far the program has fallen in the last several years.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Did Pendelton have coaching experience before Ironton? IMO Minford needs younger coach that has good relationship with the kids and can rebuild the program and get kids to come out.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:50 am Did Pendelton have coaching experience before Ironton? IMO Minford needs younger coach that has good relationship with the kids and can rebuild the program and get kids to come out.
Pendleton was an assistant at West before going to Ironton.
One day left until deadline and only two confirmed applicants? There has to be more, Who is it??

WWE HALL OF FAME
knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

MrPerfect wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:31 am
Bfan99 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:50 am Did Pendelton have coaching experience before Ironton? IMO Minford needs younger coach that has good relationship with the kids and can rebuild the program and get kids to come out.
One day left until deadline and only two confirmed applicants? There has to be more, Who is it??
There are more than 2....... I'd imagine he was just speculating based on heresy.

YouCantBeSerious
Riding the Bench

Post by YouCantBeSerious »

Plus I would say Pendletons experience at Michigan State and NFL rookie camp added just as much value as his assistant coaching at West

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

YouCantBeSerious wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:09 am
Plus I would say Pendletons experience at Michigan State and NFL rookie camp added just as much value as his assistant coaching at West
Yea I get it, but as a player. People in these parts don’t respect that you know the game as a player, you’ve had to had experience as a “coach” LOL It’s hilarious really. Also, Pendleton surrounded himself with good football people and that’s key for any coach regardless of experience, age, etc.

WWE HALL OF FAME
Ohio1979
Riding the Bench

Post by Ohio1979 »

The difference between Ironton and Minford is the care for football itself. Would Minford ever hire a young coach over an older coach who is known in the area? Ironton took a chance and it paid off. I doubt Minford would ever take that chance.

CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

I see your point. In this case I think the peewee culture is a lot of the problem so I don’t see elevating someone from that to the top and things improving.

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

knowledge wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:45 am
There are more than 2....... I'd imagine he was just speculating based on heresy.
The fact that it was posted to the world wide web means that there will be tons of applicants from across the globe spamming with resumes

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

If Kaskey actually applied he has to be the favorite IMO

WWE HALL OF FAME
Bigblue11
Waterboy

Post by Bigblue11 »

SEOSports740 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:29 am Would love to see Andrew Mader put in for this position- former head baseball coach @ Portsmouth ND and called a solid defense a few years back.
Heard he’s taking over the baseball team at new Boston

SEOSports740
Waterboy

Post by SEOSports740 »

Bigblue11 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:29 am
SEOSports740 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:29 am Would love to see Andrew Mader put in for this position- former head baseball coach @ Portsmouth ND and called a solid defense a few years back.
Heard he’s taking over the baseball team at new Boston
I heard that chatter as well.....That probably means he didn't put his name in the hat for minford

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

lol that was a quick hire

WWE HALL OF FAME

Return to “Football”