And then there were none

RBH23
S

Re: And then there were none

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:53 am sugardaddy, do you think there will ever be a contender that maybe makes it the the state final 4. I can see maybe 1 0r 2 but those need to up there recruiting. Do you think Gallia, Jackson, Fairland, Marietta will ever make it. I would bet on 1 of these schools before the powerhouses of Ironton and Wheelersburg. Marietta is trending upwards!
So you bet that Gallia, Jackson, Fairland, or Marietta will make the state final four before Ironton or Wheelersburg make it again?

I’ll take that bet on any amount you want! No chance any of those four schools ever make the final four!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Jackson has a chance, albeit not a great one. The other three are a long way off from even reaching a regional semi.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:29 pm
efarns wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:15 pm
Steely Dan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:40 am
And what? I am freely sharing my opinion, just as you have done many, many times on this board. If you don't like it or agree with it, 1) you don't have to read it, or 2) share your thoughts as to why you disagree.

My comment does not diminish the Redskins accomplishments at all, they came through when they needed to and won last night. They face a very daunting task next Friday night, and the level of competition that they will be playing is nothing that they've seen this year. Is this less "offensive" that my use of the adjective "ugly"? :D
WOW! You think DALTON is going to win?!?! WE'VE GOT A HOT TAKE HERE FOLKS!!!!!!!

I know what you mean though, because I like to hang around pricey restaurants and, after someone pays a $200 tag, I run right over to the table to tell them they're going to get hungry again. I also sit outside the nursery at the hospital and hold up a "Your baby's going to die one day" banner. I mean . . . . they're just facts.
Have no idea how you escalated to this.

Thank you for the opportunity to explain. I chose exaggerated illustrations to highlight a principle. The principle is that saying something at the wrong time, even if it's true, is rude and inappropriate. The examples I chose are things that you would never do. Why not? Because we recognize that, even if what we're saying is true, it's inappropriate to the situation. Somebody who does that is either completely socially inept, or they are purposely trying to sabotage an otherwise happy moment.

On this message board, discussing SOUTHEAST OHIO sports, Caldwell had just achieved becoming the champion of the entire region we are here to talk about. What they did is very difficult and they worked very had to get there. It's an achievement that deserves some celebration, or else what are we even doing talking about the region at all? But the mud was not even dry on their cleats yet, and some people couldn't wait to sabotage any possible celebration of the accomplishment. There was a whole thread about the state semifinal game where anybody could have easily predicted Dalton would win.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

efarns wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:27 am
efarns wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:15 pm

WOW! You think DALTON is going to win?!?! WE'VE GOT A HOT TAKE HERE FOLKS!!!!!!!

I know what you mean though, because I like to hang around pricey restaurants and, after someone pays a $200 tag, I run right over to the table to tell them they're going to get hungry again. I also sit outside the nursery at the hospital and hold up a "Your baby's going to die one day" banner. I mean . . . . they're just facts.

Thank you for the opportunity to explain. I chose exaggerated illustrations to highlight a principle. The principle is that saying something at the wrong time, even if it's true, is rude and inappropriate. The examples I chose are things that you would never do. Why not? Because we recognize that, even if what we're saying is true, it's inappropriate to the situation. Somebody who does that is either completely socially inept, or they are purposely trying to sabotage an otherwise happy moment.

On this message board, discussing SOUTHEAST OHIO sports, Caldwell had just achieved becoming the champion of the entire region we are here to talk about. What they did is very difficult and they worked very had to get there. It's an achievement that deserves some celebration, or else what are we even doing talking about the region at all? But the mud was not even dry on their cleats yet, and some people couldn't wait to sabotage any possible celebration of the accomplishment. There was a whole thread about the state semifinal game where anybody could have easily predicted Dalton would win.
Well stated.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

If you compete in the SE district you are SEO

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Old Shorts wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:50 am
efarns wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:27 am

Well stated.
Thanks 😊

Return to “Football”